FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More curious than anything, but how in the world did NBC2 get this juicy scoop and no other stations are reporting on it? There are zero tweets by other news agencies.

I noticed that too when I did a quick Google search, nothing else even reported except the short update linked here.

I honestly don't believe anyone posting here knows positively who. There are a few possible scenarios. That said, at some point we may find out who is listed on the warrant before the arrest is made. That is not unusual but in this case, they may keep it under wraps until after the arrest is made.

Wow. Definitely not Occam's Razor. My heart goes out to her family and especially the girls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful what you hear & see on NG. While she does state known facts, she also takes hearsay and runs with it. While I hate that I guess I can't blame her for wanting whatever ratings she can get.

STILL.... the only officially stated facts we know ARE that TS was found deceased in her Jarvis home the morning of 6/29/15 at 9:43am and a homicide investigation commenced immediately.

Just the facts, ma'am.

Admin Note:

Okay, I know you guys are anxious and I want to help as best I can. So, I had an idea. If any of you are scanner / radio buffs - I left you a note linked here.

REMEMBER - that is a private thread and what is said down there, stays down there. NOTHING said there can be brought to this thread.

Rest in peace, Teresa Sievers. We hope that justice will be served!

attachment.php

From https://www.facebook.com/annie.lisa.3?fref=ts

-Nin

Attachments

• sievers teresa and a.jpg
    sievers teresa and a.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 523
It was my understanding previously that the arrest HAD been made, so my sincerest apologies for anything close to jeopardizing this case. My question, why would they announce anything at all prior to the individual being arrested? It could still alert the person involved to flee.

It was my understanding previously that the arrest HAD been made, so my sincerest apologies for anything close to jeopardizing this case. My question, why would they announce anything at all prior to the individual being arrested? It could still alert the person involved to flee.

Just speculating, but in previous cases I have seen a POI be arrested and placed in custody for a minor unrelated offense for "safe keeping," so to speak.

I understand. And I know your intentions were pure. :hug: And the question you pose is EXACTLY why we were removing that sort of info and also my frustration with the press saying too much. It is downright dangerous to release that sort of information before LE wants it released.

I hope you and others can now understand, as well.

I know it appears that mods were removing a lot of info and moderating too heavy handed. I know how much our members truly appreciate locals sharing what they know and observe. However, there really is a method to our madness. We've been doing this for a while and we've learned important, valuable lessons over the years. Every mod covering this case mods with a very loose hand whenever possible. However our first priority is ALWAYS to protect the integrity of LE's investigation. We had reason to believe that this case was about to break and, hopefully, an arrest was soon to be made. Therefore, the right thing to do was to sit back and just let LE complete their mission without any interference on our end.

Anyway, hope the mod decisions make a little more sense now. Hopefully, you guys learned a little something about why we make the decisions we do now. It's not just because we're wanting to stifle conversation and tick folks off. In the end, we all want the same thing - an arrest and justice to be served.

Just speculating, but in previous cases I have seen a POI be arrested and placed in custody for a minor unrelated offense for "safe keeping," so to speak.

It's also possible that the POI is under close surveillance and the FL portion of the arrest warrants were executed, but there was an unexpected delay in the processing of the MO portion. jmho

That's what I was thinking. Otherwise, they can hold them for a certain amount of time? Also, if they finally have the evidence they need, they could have presented it and now this perp is singin like a bird.

Her family probably is waiting like the rest of us on pins and needles. LE usually doesn't tell them anything either. Prayers for them as they wait.

Ok, did I miss something.... like a perp fled OR have things come to a halt OR WHAT?! I've been keeping up here but am a little confused at the moment.

It's also possible that the POI is under close surveillance and the FL portion of the arrest warrants were executed, but there was an unexpected delay in the processing of the MO portion. jmho
This is what I was thinking.

This could be why no news leaks.

Ok, did I miss something.... like a perp fled OR have things come to a halt OR WHAT?! I've been keeping up here but am a little confused at the moment.

No, you haven't missed anything. We're still anxiously hanging on and in wait mode.

More curious than anything, but how in the world did NBC2 get this juicy scoop and no other stations are reporting on it? There are zero tweets by other news agencies.

As young as she is, Stacey Defffenbaugh is a seasoned reporter. She really is the best one out there. Stacey is perched at the courthouse in Ft.Myers, and will swoop up the latest news that comes out of there. Those NBC2 people really know what they're doing, and they're on it!

I have stayed away from WS for the past few weeks after it crashed my hard drive really bad, and today I come back and see this good news! Justice is coming for you, Dr. Teresa!

As young as she is, Stacey Defffenbaugh is a seasoned reporter. She really is the best one out there. Stacey is perched at the courthouse in Ft.Myers, and will swoop up the latest news that comes out of there. Those NBC2 people really know what they're doing, and they're on it!

In my humble opinion, I'm still not convinced that it was a responsible decision for the press to release this information before the arrest warrant was served on the suspect.

The press is very competitive and their primary objective is to land the big scoop. Be the first to report it. I get that. Okay, they have it and they've reported it. Let's just hope it doesn't jeopardize LE's mission.

I'm wondering why they would state on the news that a judge was signing an arrest warrant for someone in the state of MO if the perpetrator was not already in custody or being held for questioning. I would think they had enough to get this individual to start talking...or maybe I watch too much ID channel. Usually, if there "are" additional people involved, detectives will get the person to start talking by showing some of the evidence they have. I believe they must have finally connected all the dots, hence the arrest and possibly additional arrests to come. My thoughts only!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACEmama