FL FL - Eduardo Ramirez, 64, Collier County, 29 Aug 2024 *diabetic / veteran / car found 2 miles into the Picayune Strand State Forest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

PommyMommy

#ShinelikeShanann
Reaction score
winknews.com

Collier deputies search for missing veteran

Eduardo Ramirez was last seen on Thursday, and his car was found abandoned off Beck Boulevard in East Naples, two miles into the Picayune Strand State Forest.
  • Ramirez has diabetes, so they believe he may have been having a diabetic episode and was confused.
  • Early Monday, the Collier County Sheriff’s Office, fire crews, EMTs, etc. were all searching for Ramirez.
  • They went out on swamp buggies and aviation searched the sky with drones and helicopters.
  • LE called off the search Monday afternoon and cleared out the staging area without giving a reason.

AUG 31, 2024
  • Thurs 8/29 - Last known to be driving near Collier Blvd and Magnolia Pond Circle around 6:15 p.m.
  • Fri 8/30 - LE found the vehicle in a remote area off Beck Blvd in East Naples.

Super local to this. Barely any coverage here. I drive up Collier Blvd. to work each day. Beck is a more rural road but it comes right off of a super busy road and the final I-75 interchange before it becomes a toll-way to Miami. What is interesting is Beck Blvd. does not go into the state forest. The road ends well before that. You'd be better off taking Golden Gate Blvd. I will post a few photos for reference. Using Apple Maps, it is showing only the route of Golden Gate Blvd. to access the State Park.

Attachments

• IMG_9678.png
    IMG_9678.png
    245.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9679.png
    IMG_9679.png
    347.8 KB · Views: 4
SEP 3, 2024
  • Eduardo's last phone call was with his sister on Thursday night.
  • She said he was confused about where he was and that his phone was dying.
  • There will be a volunteer search tomorrow morning at 9:30 a.m.
“When he made that phone call, I knew he was in distress, and then his phone just dropped,” said Ramirez. “His call just dropped. We looked for him all night and couldn’t find him.”

SEP 3, 2024
“He called his friend's house, and he's like, 'I'm not going to be able to take out the car myself, it's getting water, I'm going to need a tow truck to come get me,' and he was asked, 'Well, where are you?' and he's like, 'I have no idea where this is, there's a bunch of trees,’” said Liset, describing the last interaction they had with Eduardo.

...Eduardo Ramirez's phone reportedly died before the family could trace his location. The next day, deputies found his vehicle with a hat lying nearby, Liset explained.

..."At this point, he hasn't had his metformin in five days,” Liset said.

This is so sad to watch. His sisters are out in swamp buggies searching the forest. One of them says, "I don't know why we haven't found him or why he hasn't found us." :(

The reporter says they were searching with the help of the Marco Patriots in the area his vehicle and hat were found, near Everglades Ranch.

SEP 4, 2024

Search for missing Golden Gate Estates man continues​

IMO, the family posted pics on SM of the truck he was in at the time it was found in the water. The water came up to maybe the top of the tires ( maybe not even). He should have been in no danger from what I can tell if he stayed in the truck I think he would have been ok with all of the family members searching. I had also read there was flooding in the area so maybe he panicked? I agree with his comment on a phone call that he would have had to be towed out. The truck wasn't going to go in reverse at that stage but it wasn't sinking either. Praying for him. IMO IMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back