FL FL - Edward Pieron, 21, UM student, South Miami, 5 July 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
someone came in the home with masks (more than one)...they had a gun, & asked for the guys' (the 3 roommates) money, back in May.....per Eddie's mother, per what Eddie told her....Eddie didn't have a bank account...sounds like Eddie's family completely paid his way.....

she said they paid his rent for him....(that's the way i took it, anyway)

now Mark Fuhrman is on....

eta...still no cause or manner of death yet....

Hmm, well, it sounds like the roomies might be in the clear then.

How come guy murder cases never get that much attention? Theres not even a full page for him but theres always numerous threads/pages for girl murders. Its sad.

I really hope they find out who murdered him in such a brutal way.

Awful story. He didn't have a bank account, so that would seem to be some kind of motivation. People are heartless these days, though, so maybe there doesn't need to be motivation.

Im so serious! Out of all our forms we have for missing/murdered girls we have ONE for a male. That is just horrible in my opinion!

Thanks for that link!

Oh, I know you are serious! I think it's very sad! I have to go read up on MWWF now. LOL My latest diagnosis. Bad Taximom.

FWIW, we have a whole forum here at Websleuths for 'Death of male college students.'

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146

During the past 10 years or so, there have been over 100 male college students either drown or go missing without a trace. It's unknown if they are connected or if some are connected. Lots of theories. Interesting cases.

There's also a few other threads here and there about individual cases under different categories. Just the other day, a young man who went missing on 4th of July in Wisconsin was found, along with another young man. They had been kidnapped and were being held hostage and sexually assaulted. That's in our missing and located forum. I heard about the one young guy on Greta the other night. But after he was located, they stopped printing his name as he's a victim of sexual assault. Here's a link to that case thread. There's supposed to be a news briefing today.

FYI, 90K men a year are sexually assaulted and most incidents go unreported.

JMHO
fran

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2371697#post2371697

I know we have that forum...but it just groups all the missing male students together....the missing girls EACH have their own forums. Theres no "Deah of female college students"

& This wisconsin story....never heard about it until you just told me. If it had been the same story but 2 girls...it would be ALL over the news and the girls would already have their own forum here!

The investigation of an assault, when it involves men being assaulted, is much more delicate than for women.

The media has ceased from mentioning the victim's names already. Once they realized they were sexually assaulted. One of these victims had started making national news, but not until the 3rd day he was missing. By then they had found him, but it wasn't known he was assaulted. But since they had taken him to a hospital to be checked out, I kind of figured he may have been.

IF these 'male college students' had been women, they would have blasted this all over the media years and years ago, when the count was only up to 10 or 20. Now it's over 100.

Because it was guys and there was drinking involved with most of the cases, it was chalked off to guys just being stupid and caused their own demise. LE never considered there could be anyone running around kidnapping these guys. The fact is, there's wayyyy too many of them to be coincidental. PLUS, if this was just one way our college students were bringing themselves in danger, this would be happening in every state of the union. It's not. NOT at the level with which it's happening in the Great Lakes area states. Now spread to the Eastern seaboard and perhaps south as well.

Read the thread I linked above about the two guys just rescued in Wisconsin. Maybe that guy isn't connected to the OTHER cases, but it brings to light the fact that there very well could be someone running around kidnapping and killing these guys.

LE needs to stop, look, listen, and INVESITGATE.

JMHO
fran

PS.......I've read about many college girls who've been murdered. Many don't make the national news. But, many are solved almost immediately. Quite often when they're solved right away, or not solved and leads dry up, the case hits a lull and just kind of goes away. Not fair and it's not just, but it's the way it is. It's up to the individual families to keep the attention on the cases. Like Beth Holloway did for Natalee. Sometimes the media still doesn't listen, but the parents and family need to keep plugging away, until there's just plain nowhere else to look for the answers. Sometimes it can take 20 years and sometimes never..........fran :(

Still unsolved. Even more tragic - Eddie was an only child. From August 2013:

http://www.wsvn.com/story/23072465/edward-pieron

Michael Scott: "When we arrived at the scene and entered the residence and we observed several bloody shoe immpressions throughout the tile floor of the residence, we believe that is from the suspect. We are able to trace it back to a size 10 Puma...

Pamela Bailey: "There was some sort of a struggle and then he was knifed in the neck and he bled to death, that's what I know."

As detectives did their work, they discovered Eddie had a BBQ the day before his death to celebrate his birthday, dozens of his friends showed up. The next day, this videotape shows him at a CVS drugstore and 90 minutes later he would be found dead. Clues have turned up, but no motives.

I remember reading about this case. I think he met someone either in the CVS,or in the parking lot. For whatever reason, he invited them home with him. If he met them in the parking lot, it probably was not on video,and they got away with murder. jmo, but that's what I thought when I first read about the crime.

Also I had always wondered exactly what he bought at the CVS. And I just read upthread that LE has refused to ever say what he bought...

I looked up the nearest CVS to the house, and I'm fairly sure he must have driven there. It's far to walk. So,if he did drive there, and if he did bring someone home, perhaps there is some DNA in his vehicle. Unless the killer drove his own vehicle.

Looking at a street view of the house, it looks like a quiet,somewhat secluded house,lots of lush plantings,circular drive...easy for the killer to slip out unnoticed. Sad case, sad it's stone cold. jmo

More details:

July 13, 2018
Stabbed UM Student's Killer On The Run 10 Years Later

Surveillance cameras at a nearby CVS Pharmacy captured the UM student buying beer and wine about two hours before he was stabbed to death. Pieron's mother described the murder as evil and calculating.

According to detectives, Pieron's girlfriend found him covered in a pool of blood in the living room of a home he rented near Southwest 62nd Place and 80th Street in south Miami-Dade. She asked neighbors for help and once the police responded they got a hold of a crucial piece of evidence.

"We noticed that there were bloody shoe impressions throughout the house which we were able to collect,” said Miami-Dade Police Department Sgt. Michael Scott.

A crime lab analysis revealed the killer was wearing Puma sneakers, possibly the Voltaic model. Police said the person ransacked Pieron's home and stole money and a safe.

"It appears that this was a home invasion robbery, possibly by someone that Eddie knew," said Scott.

Seems like those shoe prints could provide a lot more detail since they were covered in blood. Like add that DNA to CODIS or look into genetic genealogy.

Edward Pieron
Michael Scott: "When we arrived at the scene and entered the residence and we observed several bloody shoe impressions throughout the tile floor of the residence, we believe that is from the suspect. We are able to trace it back to a size 10 Puma.

The suspect was wearing a size 10 Voltaic Puma that may have looked like this.

Pamela Bailey: "There was some sort of a struggle and then he was knifed in the neck and he bled to death, that's what I know."

As detectives did their work, they discovered Eddie had a BBQ the day before his death to celebrate his birthday, dozens of his friends showed up.

The next day, this videotape shows him at a CVS drugstore and 90 minutes later he would be found dead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back