GUILTY FL - Emanuel Murray, 3 mos, thrown from car, dies, Tampa, 5 May 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Retweeted by Erin Maloney
Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 2h
Rouglhy half of the 200 jury candidates have heard something about McTear case. @TBOcom

Erin Maloney ‏@ErinOnTV 1h
Judge tells potential jurors in McTear case the trial could take 4 weeks. There was an audible groan in the courtroom.

I bet they are going to hear lots of excuse's to not serve. imo

This marks the second attempt at a murder trial for McTear in the death of his former girlfriend’s 3-month-old son. Authorities say McTear, now 26, beat the baby’s mother, Jasmine Bedwell, and then took the infant, drove away and threw him on the highway.

If McTear is convicted of first-degree murder, the prosecution plans to seek a death sentence.

On Monday, a little more than half of potential McTear jurors said they couldn’t be fair. They were excused from service.

http://tbo.com/news/crime/jury-selection-begins-in-tampa-baby-throwing-trial-20140714/

TAMPA -- Tuesday, July 15, 2014
The second day of jury selection is underway in the trial of Richard McTear, the man man accused of throwing an infant from a moving car on Interstate 275.

sbm

Jury selection started Monday with a pool of nearly 200 potential jurors. Many were dismissed because they knew too much about the case or had already passed judgement, and by the end of the day, there were 135.
On Tuesday, the number of potential jurors in the pool was whittled down to 75.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...icles/bn9/2014/7/15/second_trial_to_begi.html

It is hard to find any current news on how things are progressing for jury selection. imo

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 13m
Richard #McTear jury could be finalized tomorrow with opening statements on Wed. #McTearTrial via @ggome13

I wish these tweeter's would make up my mind! lol

In reality I guess it has been difficult finding a jury.

ding ding ding ding...........this was the other case! :floorlaugh: suffering from crs you know :D

thanks for posting this jewels :tyou:..............i KNEW there was another case that i was following that had action happening today.........

hoping to see this streamed along with the mcbride trial............

so many cases, so little time :websleuther:

ding ding ding ding...........this was the other case! :floorlaugh: suffering from crs you know :D

thanks for posting this jewels :tyou:..............i KNEW there was another case that i was following that had action happening today.........

hoping to see this streamed along with the mcbride trial............

so many cases, so little time :websleuther:

Queenie I am thinking they both will be streamed. The last trial for the baby was streamed, and there have been trial's streamed from Detroit lately.

So you may have 2 at the same time!

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 3m
We have a jury. #mcteartrial

Yes! May we have justice for Baby Emanuel this time!

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 6m
#mctear jury will hear opening stmts this morning. Witnesses expected 2testify this afternoon. We could hear from baby's mom Jasmine Bedwell

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 2m
Prosecution team waiting for jury to be brought in and sworn in. That's expected soon #mcteartrial

Not sure about a stream yet!

Melanie Michael ‏@WFLAMelanie 2m
Judge just announced jury names. 12 jurors were selected & 3 alternates. The jurors do not know which one of them are alternates in case.

Melanie Michael ‏@WFLAMelanie 8m
On the #McTear jury, there are seven men and eight women. They have been sworn in. Opening statements to start in a few mins.

Melanie Michael ‏@WFLAMelanie 1m
Richard McTear sits at defense table waiting for jurors to be brought back in for trial. He faces death if convicted.

Melanie Michael ‏@WFLAMelanie 1m
Judge telling jurors they are not sequestered, unless they are in middle of deliberations. Judge says not to watch any media coverage.

anything about streaming?

Zoey I am not finding anything. Cathy from CourtChatter tweeted one of the media people and they never answered her. I haven't seen anything from the media people about a stream and none of our regular's WAT, Jen or CC has anything.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackerjack82
Back