FL - Five killed, 8 wounded in shooting at Fort Lauderdale Airport, 6 Jan 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes because I have experience with it. But u are right it is just speculation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

and from your experience what is it that makes you speculate that his CAB was not earned by experiencing combat?

What is CAR?

since i started it i just want to make sure i fix it hehe - its actually CAB (badge) for the army, a few places reported it as a CAR (ribbon) and it didnt register at first but im pretty sure its wrong.

since i started it i just want to make sure i fix it hehe - its actually CAB (badge) for the army, a few places reported it as a CAR (ribbon) and it didnt register at first but im pretty sure its wrong.
No u are right with CAR. Just because ur unit got a ribbon for something does not make it a fact ur squad was involved in that particular event. It's a unit ribbon. Like most are.

Guess I should make it clear that I blame nobody other than the shooter for this. Clearly had a good many problems.

No u are right with CAR. Just because ur unit got a ribbon for something does not make it a fact ur squad was involved in that particular event. It's a unit ribbon. Like most are.

hmm maybe my memory is off (x2), dont have time to look it up right now.

edit - ok i lied i have a few minutes :P

The Combat Action Ribbon (colloquially "CAR") is a significant and highly valued service ribbon awarded by the United States Navy, United States Marine Corps, and United States Coast Guard for "satisfactory performance" under enemy fire in ground and surface/maritime combat. The Combat Action Ribbon is an individual award; i.e., it is not awarded to an entire unit, station, or group. This is a ribbon-only award, there is no medal.

The Combat Action Badge (CAB) is a military badge worn by U.S. Army soldiers. The emblem features both an M9 bayonet and M67 grenade. The Combat Action Badge may be awarded to any soldier not eligible for the Combat Infantryman Badge (CIB) or Combat Medical Badge (CMB) after the date of September 18, 2001 performing duties in an area where hostile fire pay or imminent danger pay is authorized, who is personally present and actively engaging or being engaged by the enemy, and performing satisfactorily in accordance with the prescribed rules of engagement. The CAB may be awarded to any branch of service or military occupational specialty including infantrymen except when serving in a role where they would be eligible for the CIB.

but maybe im missing something.

hmm maybe my memory is off (x2), dont have time to look it up right now.

edit - ok i lied i have a few minutes [emoji14]

The Combat Action Ribbon (colloquially "CAR") is a significant and highly valued service ribbon awarded by the United States Navy, United States Marine Corps, and United States Coast Guard for "satisfactory performance" under enemy fire in ground and surface/maritime combat. The Combat Action Ribbon is an individual award; i.e., it is not awarded to an entire unit, station, or group. This is a ribbon-only award, there is no medal.

The Combat Action Badge (CAB) is a military badge worn by U.S. Army soldiers. The emblem features both an M9 bayonet and M67 grenade. The Combat Action Badge may be awarded to any soldier not eligible for the Combat Infantryman Badge (CIB) or Combat Medical Badge (CMB) after the date of September 18, 2001 performing duties in an area where hostile fire pay or imminent danger pay is authorized, who is personally present and actively engaging or being engaged by the enemy, and performing satisfactorily in accordance with the prescribed rules of engagement. The CAB may be awarded to any branch of service or military occupational specialty including infantrymen except when serving in a role where they would be eligible for the CIB.

but maybe im missing something.
Then I stand to corrected. I'm going off my experience. U was part of the 7th AS at mcchord AFB. We were deployed in Macedonia in 99 flying refuges to England. Whole unit was awarded ribbons while only 2 planes were deployed there.

Then I stand to corrected. I'm going off my experience. U was part of the 7th AS at mcchord AFB. We were deployed in Macedonia in 99 flying refuges to England. Whole unit was awarded ribbons while only 2 planes were deployed there.

*stand to be corrected. * I not U. Sorry phone auto corrects.

These awards ( likely given out freely) -- however IMO indicate a decline in functioning - from honors to fired. That is valid data IMO

and from your experience what is it that makes you speculate that his CAB was not earned by experiencing combat?

It is the govt! Before i found my career path i was a flunky for USGS- everyone got a pay raise - even if some never showed up

they cant fire anyone

its a joke

the stuff I witnessed was unreal

OK he lost his security job in Nov same timeframe of spiraling out

It is the govt! Before i found my career path i was a flunky for USGS- everyone got a pay raise - even if some never showed up

they cant fire anyone

its a joke

the stuff I witnessed was unreal
It's kinda like the everybody get a aribbon mentality huh?

Tsa has been a joke from day one

Here they are recruiting staff, from people who eat pizza - here are the ads they ran on pizza boxes --the qualifications to get a job at tsa order some pizza

scary

pizza-box.jpg

6a00d83451bd4469e20134856e22b5970c.jpg

It's kinda like the everybody get a aribbon mentality huh?

It waS UNREAL but it is govt the head dude was a raging drunk but in govt if he tried to correct anything - anyone belwo him could report all the higher ups

so it just became a group of 50 doing nothing

did they have to write their reports yeh, but the fraud altering time cards stealing cameras pumps couple of boats went missing office supplies, it was amazing

hey it was great for me -- after about 6 months I realized I did not have to hide that I was studying textbook on my desk

no fears

for me it was great

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap