FL - Fraternal toddler twins, 3, found unresponsive in car on I-95 ramp, woman driver jumped from highway onto train tracks, Miami-Dade, 2 Feb 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looks like there was a hearing -

Aug. 23, 2024

The South Florida mother of 3-year-old twins who were found unresponsive inside a car on Interstate 95 is now facing manslaughter charges in their deaths.

Shirlene Alcime, 42, was rolled into a courtroom Friday in a wheelchair and wearing a green vest, where she was charged with two counts of aggravated manslaughter. She has pleaded not guilty.
[.....]
"The Medical Examiner has determined that the cause of death for the victims in this case is homicide, as such, the filing of formal murder charges is pending with the Miami Dade State Attorneys Office," Miami-Dade County Police said in early August.

Toxicology reports, however, were not able to determine why the twins were foaming, and for now authorities have not provided more information on how exactly they believe Alcime killed her children.

Currently, her charges accuse her of causing their deaths by failing to provide them with the care and supervision to maintain their health or by killing them by "unspecified means."

Shoot - nothing about the next court date... maybe when you have time @PayrollNerd - you can check it out? TIA! :)

Why is this only manslaughter? So tired of parents hurting their children!
I'm not well versed enough in FL law to answer that. I do see that there is a plea scheduled for Oct. but a trial hearing in Dec. I wonder if they've found more evidence against her. She deserves LWOP in my opinion.

Last edited:
I do not believe this has been posted yet.

Sept. 6, 2024
A dramatic new 911 call captured the moments a man found and tried to resuscitate 3-year-old twins found unresponsive inside a SUV on the side of Interstate 95 while new police bodycam footage shows their mother jumping off the highway overpass.

The two children, a boy and a girl who were fraternal 3-year-old twins, were found inside a Toyota Highlander on northbound I-95 near the Florida's Turnpike extension around 2 a.m. on Feb. 2.

"There's a lady that needs help for her kids," the caller says.
Twins' father speaks out as death investigation gets underway after I-95 incident

"What do you mean?" the dispatcher asks.

"What's wrong ma'am?" the male caller asks a woman believed to be Alcime.

"They're not waking up, they're not waking up, the kids," she responds.

"Are they breathing?" the dispatcher asks.

"Did you try waking them up?" the male caller asks Alcime.

A South Florida mother charged in connection with the deaths of her 3-year-old twins who were found unresponsive inside a car on Interstate 95 made her first court appearance Friday where she was ordered held without bond. NBC6's Jamie Guirola reports

The dispatcher asks the caller to check and see if the twins are breathing, and he responds that they are not.

"Ah man, they not breathing, nah bro," the caller responds.

"How old are they?" the dispatcher asks.

"I don't know. Ma'am how old are they?" the caller asks Alcime. "Three."

"And you just noticed them like that now?" caller asks Alcime.

The dispatcher then tells the caller an ambulance is on the way.

"Is there anything I can do?" the caller asks the dispatcher.

"I'm gonna tell you how to give them chest compressions," the dispatcher responds. "You gotta do it one by one."

The dispatcher gives directions to lay one child on the ground and begin the chest compressions.

"He's bleeding out of his nose, man, he got foam, he got stuff coming out of his nose," the caller exclaims. "There's stuff coming out of his nose, foam and blood, I'm pumping his chest."

"Don't give up, ok? This will keep them going until the paramedics arrive. Just keep doing the chest compressions," the dispatcher tells him.

*updated charges

I do remember a case of a woman murdering her children and jumping out of a window only to survive the fall because she hit something on the way down.

She was very VERY unpopular in prison and suffered many assaults and beatings.
Was that the case in Scotland. If so I think the mother died of natural causes in prison in the end.

"He's bleeding out of his nose, man, he got foam, he got stuff coming out of his nose," the caller exclaims. "There's stuff coming out of his nose, foam and blood, I'm pumping his chest."
Strangulation victims can foam at the mouth and bleed out the nose. Maybe the twins tox screen was clear or inconclusive because Mom had simply strangled them

Was that the case in Scotland. If so I think the mother died of natural causes in prison in the end.
This woman was from the US.

Criminally Listed just covered three cases of women murdering their children.

In each one of those cases the mother makes a very, VERY flimsy attempt to “commit suicide”.

One lady killed her 3 children in the 1950s or so and was sent to a mental asylum. Her husband stuck with her. They had three more children 12 years later and she killed all of them too

One lady killed her 3 children in the 1950s or so and was sent to a mental asylum. Her husband stuck with her. They had three more children 12 years later and she killed all of them too

Wow! I'd never heard of this one. I'm not turning up anything on Google - do you recall the last name? I want to read more on this. Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back