GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Major forehead slap and clutching my pearls!! I copy and pasted exact words from CA "“if they had any evidence, we would have already gone to the airport.” And this is the first time I realized he didn't say " I would have already gone to the airport." Hmmm...so who was CA including (in his mind) when he said "WE"??? IMO, he isn't talking about KM, SG or LR, but I think he is talking about his Mother (and maybe his Father) or even his sister
who got immunity when she testified. (Still shaking my head on that one, too.)
CA was on tape discussing sales of "roids" and I wonder if he was also a "user." Steroids can give one an artificial sense of being invicible, aggressive, reckless risk taking etc. His physical appearance is TEXT BOOK: Over grown forehead, frontal baldness, etc.
36 second video
And can also cause someone who takes them to be prone to anger outbursts -- uncontrollable -- hence the term "'roid rage"!

I missed him being brought in -- but know I can review what I missed. Did you actually see him walking into the courtoom with handcuffs on?

Yes, and when he started to sit down, he reached and looked like he was pulling his waistband up (like maybe they removed his belt as well). Here's the video:

Maybe Scooba can say if that is also usual in Fla.

Shallow of me I know, but when will we see his new photo now that he’s been convicted? Will they shave his nasty head? What happens tonight? Does he stay in Leon county until sentencing?
There will likely not be a new photo until he is transferred to prison. No, they will not shave his head. Tonight he goes back to the county jail where he will remain until he is sentenced.

Thats the scary part. The Adelsons had this all planned out. At the same time Wendi is cleaning out her childhood bedroom in Coral Springs for her to move back into immediately after Dan is murdered, they also had her working with a realtor in Tally pretending she planned to buy a house. Wendi was registering her kids for school that fall in Tally and she was booking flights for October from Tally. They knew Wendi was going to be the focus of the investigation so they insulated her.

Harvey tells at Matsuri "I never thought they would be that smart". He thought the country bumpkin Tally cops would never figure it out. And that they'd come for Wendi. And Charlie tells him that they went after Donna because they already couldnt get anything from Wendi and to go after Donna, because women are more likely to fold under pressure.

First call after the bump, Donna tells Charlie she doesnt want to talk on the phone. They worry about Donnas apartment being bugged. But its driving Charlie NUTS so Donna makes the fatal mistake: "it probably involves the both of us, I am sure you have an idea what I am talking about" and "this TV is about 5". If the Adelsons just planned to never talk on the phone if something ever came up, this whole bump is dead and the Adelsons walk forever. Thank god for their arrogance and hubris.
"Dumb and dumber" We can see they never watched 48 hours or Dateline. The FBI have been doing those bumps for years. "Tickling the wire" and look where it went from there. It really doesn't make any difference. "When you do wrong things, wrong things happen to you" Nature (God) has a guaranteed way of evening things up.

And he was cuffed. He hadn’t been cuffed before, I don’t think. And no tie. Jansen said they sometimes do that, they make them give up the tie in case they hang themselves. Maybe they knew what the verdict would be. He probably didn’t stand because he didn’t want them to see the cuffs.
That could very well be why CA didn't stand for the Jury so they wouldn't see he's wearing handcuffs but I suspect Charlie could not stand up for he was weak in the knees. He didn't look like he felt very well. I expected him to throw up any minute but he just kept blinking his eyes as in disbelief that he was going to prison. Yeah, oh, Charlie looked pale like he may faint at any minute. After all, he probably feels it's the jury's fault he's going to prison for life.

He can't - he used to represent Donna in this case so there's a conflict of interest.
That’s not really true. Assuming Donna did not disclose any involvement to him, he could certainly advise CA to offer information CA has about her involvement. One CA offers up something or agrees to do so, things may get sticky.

Major forehead slap and clutching my pearls!! I copy and pasted exact words from CA "“if they had any evidence, we would have already gone to the airport.” And this is the first time I realized he didn't say " I would have already gone to the airport." Hmmm...so who was CA including (in his mind) when he said "WE"??? IMO, he isn't talking about KM, SG or LR, but I think he is talking about his Mother (and maybe his Father) or even his sister
who got immunity when she testified. (Still shaking my head on that one, too.)
CA was on tape discussing sales of "roids" and I wonder if he was also a "user." Steroids can give one an artificial sense of being invicible, aggressive, reckless risk taking etc. His physical appearance is TEXT BOOK: Over grown forehead, frontal baldness, etc.
36 second video
Great info!

Wendi was not given immunity as I think you are understanding it. Her testimony simply cannot be used against her in a future proceeding as substantive evidence since she testified under State subpoena.
Thanks Scooba! I have a difficult time understanding a lot of the "legal speak." If everything she said in her testimony can't be used against her, why was she so evasive/odd in giving answers? Oh and you did say "future proceedings" huh? After listening to GC's hallway interview I got the feeling there are going to be some charges against DA, for sure.
Good night from California...unbelievable events today.

It's weird that when the judge takes the bench for the verdict, he asks the attorneys "They still bringing out Mr. Adelson?" - like there had been some question as to his attending the verdict reading. I've never seen a defendant brought in handcuffed before, it does make ya ponder what may have occurred back in the holding cell.
^^ubm

I know its like this for death penalty capital verdicts (cuffed/shackles), and I think it might also be unique to Florida as well because a life sentence for murder here has no option for release or parole.

The basis for restraints on the newly convicted is they have nothing to lose at this point whether it be an attempt to escape, to harm or be harmed. JMO

If DA was the controlling family maestro, why didn't she stop Wendi from moving to Tallahassee after she met Dan on JDate ? Why not insist Dan get a position at the U of Miami School of Law ?
same question for why Donna didn't get her way on the $1M offer or the conversion to Catholicism stunts?
Maybe Wendi had the final say?

Nice work, prosecution! I was on pins and needles awaiting the verdict. The last quick high profile verdict in my orbit was OJ Simpson, and we all know how that one went down.

<modsnip - not allowed>

So grateful for the evidence, the patience and methodical work of the prosecutors, and this verdict.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and when he started to sit down, he reached and looked like he was pulling his waistband up (like maybe they removed his belt as well). Here's the video:

Maybe Scooba can say if that is also usual in Fla.
thanks for that clip
at 2:20mins you can see Rash tell him to prepare for a G verdict - or wtte - and then see CA's face crumple and almost cry ( Before the verdict has been read)

ETA:
Janssen on STS speculated yesterday that he assumes that one of the bailiffs who protected jury room got wind of a G verdict & Rash interpreted this as a G verdict? IDK. Janssen said that oftentimes a defense lawyer can read subtle behavior tones from bailiffs they know well

Last edited:
Does anyone have a link to Charlie and his attorney talking after the verdict and Rashburn is rude to him?
I had to delete the twitter clip but have now found it via msm

If you scroll to the mark 2:59:55, think this is the exchange you mean?

( It's during Rash's cross & Charlie passes a note to Rash - a suggestion to include in Rash's closing?

Rash replies wtte - 'you gotta stop... at this point'

thanks for that clip
at 2:20mins you can see Rash tell him to prepare for a G verdict, or wtte and then CA's face crumple and almost cry ( Before the verdict has been read)
Oh wow, I've watched this three times now, powerful stuff. The moment he fully understood the gig was well and truely up. Thinking of the Markel's tonight, and all those who loved Dan, with relief.

Oh wow, I've watched this three times now, powerful stuff. The moment he fully understood the gig was well and truely up. Thinking of the Markel's tonight, and all those who loved Dan, with relief.
Yes I wish them peace and relief

+ Now that the verdict is in on the uncle if the teenaged boys express a wish to communicate with their own grand parents - maybe to help process their own shock ? - I hope they won't be prevented.
( Likely a vain hope, slippery WA would probably invent some legal reason why they shouldn't speak w Markels)

Furthermore re the boys asking questions - where's uncle Charlie, why is Grandma Donna incommunicado?
....Thanksgiving coming, ditto Chanukah thereafter. Surely the As celebrated one of those with family get togethers? Awkward ?

Wendi was not given immunity as I think you are understanding it. Her testimony simply cannot be used against her in a future proceeding as substantive evidence since she testified under State subpoena.
Wendi had use and derivative use immunity, which prevents the prosecution from using her testimony ("use") or any evidence derived from that testimony ("derivative use") against her in a criminal prosecution.

Donna was up to her eyeballs in all of this. I am not sure anything would have happened if not for her.
She seemed to be the one with all the different ideas on how to deal with DM to include ways to make him miserable, and then the others would either go along with it or not. However I don't discount WA with having some of her own ideas. What a team.

Stun belt, yes.
Ankle shackles or to the floor, also yes.
Never seen a defendants wrist cuffed before verdict in court.

I mean I can think of two recent volatile defendants (Taylor schabusiness - beat her own attorney, Letecia stauch - attacked LEO with a full monster can) who weren't cuffed before.

Maybe chuckles has been a menace behind bars, who knows.
My guess is he was upset back there when he found out there was a verdict and deputies thought he might act out in the courtroom. Rashbaum, I’m sure told him it’s guilty. Don’t need to hear it from the sheriffs. His only chance was a hung jury. It was never gonna be not guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne