GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep reminding myself they (CA+DA+HA) knew their calls were recorded!! With that said, (26:38-11/7) Donna+Harvey claim the Markels only visited the boys 1 time and it was for a 'photo-op' to make them (The Markels) look good, for Charlie's arrest 12 hours later. Didn't hug or kiss the boys ... wanted nothing to do with them? How weird Lincoln thought they were because he didn't even know them.

Donna, Donna, Donna ... you are a special kind of evil.
Hi Jenny, Can you please link the YT video you reference above? Thanks so much! (There are so many videos posted about the calls!)

For sure CA never admits his mistakes and faults. Mistake no. 1: hiring a middleman who you are dating — someone who can easily be traced back to you! Instead, he focuses on Wendi’s “mistakes”. He’s in denial about his own dumb choices. As for Donna— no, Wendi is not going to stop by your condo to talk to you. She knows your condo could be bugged. JMO.

Last edited:
For sure CA never admits his mistakes and faults. Mistake no. 1: hiring a middleman who you are dating — someone who can easily be traced back to you! Instead, he focuses on Wendi’s mistakes. He’s in denial about his own dumb choices. As for Donna— no, Wendi is not going to stop by your condo to talk to you. She knows your condo could be bugged. JMO.
I wonder if Wendi found out about that connection at the time of the ‘celebration dinner.’ Always wonder why she vomited at the table.

I think CA thinks he is still testifying. I do think he is trying to make sense of it all, but the repetition sounds to my ear like he has talking points that he is trying to use to rebut the state's case. He is talking for the tapes, for sure, maybe in the hope that he'll get an appeal, or for the sake of the co-conspirators in future trials. I find it interesting to listen for the items he is repeating. Much like his testifying during the case, the repetition showcases what he is concerned about. It is like a highlighter he applies to the record. During the trial he did not realize that the enduring impact of his testimony would be that his answers for everything sounded smug, arrogant, and artisanally handcrafted for addressing the state's facts that implicate the family.

I think CA would be a nightmare to wrangle, as his attorney. I think he thinks he sounds like a world class attorney in his argumentative ranting in the jail. Imagine trying to contain that energy when it contradicts good lawyering.

The recordings tell us what CA thinks are the most damning facts on the record. During his rants about the Trescott drive-by, he keeps saying, ...and "Wendi never drinks" because he thinks that make her trip to that one liquor store more logical. This directly contradicts what JL said about WA "drinking her dinner." I don't mean to imply that WA has a drinking problem; it is just an inconsistency, and CA thinks that we don't see that he is trying to drop a breadcrumb. I feel like he is hurling loaves of stale old bread at us in these recordings, and none of them mean anything. These loaves are ornate fruitcakes full of excuses, and I hate fruitcake.

I think WA is in a very special hell. I think she got talked into this plan, and she can't talk to anyone but her co-conspirators about it, and 5 of them are in jail, and the remaining one on the outside does not appear to be a shoulder to cry on. This is a HUGE secret to keep forever, particularly from her children. I sense that WA has the capacity to feel guilt, and I think she is being consumed by it, but has no outlet to release it. I am sure that the night-time is hard for WA. She has to listen to her thoughts and sift through her regrets. The biggest one being that she needlessly hurt the people she purports to love the most. That is the worst regret you can have, no?
TANAGERI loved your post!!! We all know (or should realize by now) only one person was stoking the flames of this inferno. A couple of months ago I wrote, " WA was the flame and DA was the flamethrower."
.....P>S.I love fruitcake, especially the ones with hard sauce, I have shipped from England. (We all have our weaknesses and mine is fruitcake, go figure.) I love people who hate fruitcake cuz they can't wait to get rid of the ones Aunt Martha sends every year, LOL.

Court TV is doubling down on Ms Wendi today. They are showing her police interview in full and the analysts are all now saying that she is next up on the State's list.
Told ya' so.
...edited to add we are probably getting to the end of this thread and a great time to get ready for the new one. Buckle your seatbelts kiddo's, its gonna be an E Ticket ride!
edited to add, I feel sick to my stomach. It's like the end of a thriller and the patsy finally figures out he is the one who has been set up and duped by people who were ruthlessly selfish.

Last edited:
I wonder if Wendi found out about that connection at the time of the ‘celebration dinner.’ Always wonder why she vomited at the table.
In one of the tapes, Charlie goes into that. He said she had a very strong martini - like the equivalent of 4 shots. ( I don't recall the rest of his waffle on this issue except that he claims Wendi doesn't really drink. Begs question why she'd order a quadruple ' shot')

Different topic. Stephen Webster ( STS) says the word on the street is that DA is shopping for a local attorney. Not unanticipated, MentourLawyer mentioned the same a while ago. Funny that, in so many tapes Donna is adamant that Dan Rashbaum is a fantastic lawyer, singing his praises over & over.

Webster also quoted the Florida rules on professional conduct (4-84 D ) for Dan Rashbaum knowing about their plan to flee to Vietnam to avoid prosecution. Says that Dan could also be deposed now and so this comm is not privileged

Last edited:
I think CA thinks he is still testifying. I do think he is trying to make sense of it all, but the repetition sounds to my ear like he has talking points that he is trying to use to rebut the state's case. He is talking for the tapes, for sure, maybe in the hope that he'll get an appeal, or for the sake of the co-conspirators in future trials. I find it interesting to listen for the items he is repeating. Much like his testifying during the case, the repetition showcases what he is concerned about. It is like a highlighter he applies to the record. During the trial he did not realize that the enduring impact of his testimony would be that his answers for everything sounded smug, arrogant, and artisanally handcrafted for addressing the state's facts that implicate the family.

I think CA would be a nightmare to wrangle, as his attorney. I think he thinks he sounds like a world class attorney in his argumentative ranting in the jail. Imagine trying to contain that energy when it contradicts good lawyering.

The recordings tell us what CA thinks are the most damning facts on the record. During his rants about the Trescott drive-by, he keeps saying, ...and "Wendi never drinks" because he thinks that make her trip to that one liquor store more logical. This directly contradicts what JL said about WA "drinking her dinner." I don't mean to imply that WA has a drinking problem; it is just an inconsistency, and CA thinks that we don't see that he is trying to drop a breadcrumb. I feel like he is hurling loaves of stale old bread at us in these recordings, and none of them mean anything. These loaves are ornate fruitcakes full of excuses, and I hate fruitcake.

I think WA is in a very special hell. I think she got talked into this plan, and she can't talk to anyone but her co-conspirators about it, and 5 of them are in jail, and the remaining one on the outside does not appear to be a shoulder to cry on. This is a HUGE secret to keep forever, particularly from her children. I sense that WA has the capacity to feel guilt, and I think she is being consumed by it, but has no outlet to release it. I am sure that the night-time is hard for WA. She has to listen to her thoughts and sift through her regrets. The biggest one being that she needlessly hurt the people she purports to love the most. That is the worst regret you can have, no?
Agree with all but your last paragraph with regard to guilt or remorse. In my opinion, the old saying that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree is a good saying, and I have seen nothing that suggests to me that it would not apply here. In my opinion she is consumed, but only with fear of getting caught. It is possible she has regret, but in my opinion that would only be because of the effect this has had on her, not as to the impact of the crime itself on the victim and/or his family/the children. I do agree that something like this would be a miserable secret to have to keep, especially from your children.

You mean you think she didn’t know exactly who he had hired? Makes sense, considering it seems to me that Charlie didn’t even know exactly who he had hired, because according to Katie she never told him. IMO there was a lot of compartmentalizing and isolation being done here, in what looks to me like an effort to create plausible deniability.

Although, wouldn’t she figure he would have HAD to hire someone through someone he knew? Are contract killers listed in the yellow pages? Unless you are doing a “strangers on a train” scenario, it would seem to me that there would be a connection between you and whoever you hired that would be found out eventually. Agreed that an ex hypothetically might not be the best person to trust with this or to have to stay connected to forever because of a gigantic secret. I think Georgia brought that up at trial, when she asked him hypothetically about the need for co-conspirators to maintain a relationship and keep each other happy. Even as a hypothetical, Charlie had trouble with that one, as I recall.

Last edited:
You mean you think she didn’t know exactly who he had hired? Makes sense, considering it seems to me that Charlie didn’t even know exactly who he had hired, because according to Katie she never told him. IMO there was a lot of compartmentalizing and isolation being done here, in what looks to me like an effort to create plausible deniability.

Although, wouldn’t she figure he would have hired someone through someone he knew? Are contract killers listed in the yellow pages?
The middleman — Katie — was way too close of a connection to CA. A huge mistake. I’m sure it’s not easy to find people to scheme in a murder, but hiring your girlfriend as a middle man is dumb. LE will see that connection easily. With the stakes that high — a death penalty crime— that is pretty crazy. Guess he was desperate. JMO.

Last edited:
The middleman — Katie — was way too close of a connection to CA. A huge mistake. I’m sure it’s not easy to find people to scheme in a murder, but hiring your girlfriend as a middle man is dumb. LE will see that connection easily. With the stakes that high — a death penalty crime— that is pretty crazy. Guess he was desperate. JMO.
There are people who believe she was his girlfriend only because she he thought she had these connections. In other words, it is possible he didn’t ask his girlfriend if she could find someone, rather, he met someone who he believed could find someone and made her his girlfriend. In my opinion, if this is what happened, it’s even dumber than if he had asked his girlfriend.

In one of the tapes, Charlie goes into that. He said she had a very strong martini - like the equivalent of 4 shots. ( I don't recall the rest of his waffle on this issue except that he claims Wendi doesn't really drink. Begs question why she'd order a quadruple ' shot')

Different topic. Stephen Webster ( STS) says the word on the street is that DA is shopping for a local attorney. Not unanticipated, MentourLawyer mentioned the same a while ago. Funny that, in so many tapes Donna is adamant that Dan Rashbaum is a fantastic lawyer, singing his praises over & over.

Webster also quoted the Florida rules on professional conduct (4-84 D ) for Dan Rashbaum knowing about their plan to flee to Vietnam to avoid prosecution. Says that Dan could also be deposed now and so this comm is not privileged
Cottonweaver do you truly believe CA explanation about the alcohol???

The most telling thing for me about these jail calls? For all the ad nauseum dissection of the "coincidences" and circumstantial evidence, there is literally zero discussion (unless I somehow missed it) of the KM's direct testimony that he hired the hitmen and that he directly provided her with the relevant paperwork to pass on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx