FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit to add… also I’m sure DA’s and WA’s friends are also reading these, maybe out of mere curiosity. But it would stand to reason that they would discuss what they’ve read here with DA and/or WA, who would then relay the info to their lawyers while brainstorming, trying to concoct a defense against all the damning evidence. JMO

Edit to add… also I’m sure DA’s and WA’s friends are also reading these, maybe out of mere curiosity. But it would stand to reason that they would discuss what they’ve read here with DA and/or WA, who would then relay the info to their lawyers while brainstorming, trying to concoct a defense against all the damning evidence. JMO
On the jail calls, they do talk about what they’ve been seeing on the internet. But they seem to only be focused on the comments that are favorable to them.

On the jail calls, they do talk about what they’ve been seeing on the internet. But they seem to only be focused on the comments that are favorable to them.
I guess at that stage mid-trial, they were trying to offer encouragement, hence the cherry-picking of favourable points.

I don't want to labour the point but we all know of platforms where the people that @Misy referred to - specific people- are actively commenting or watching what is being said. It's made me more wary about what I post too.

I really do think that right now, all of the Adelsons will be poring over the last transcripts, including WA, with their highlighter pens. Charlie will be getting all his files back. Lawyers be back-channeling and negotiating.

Hopefully DA will opt for speedy trial and it won't be long to wait and she'll be locked-in to a defense theory because I find it frustrating to switch to being vague and non-specific.

She apparently is wanting a speedy trial as she wants out of jail and like CA thinks she'll quickly be found not guilty. Rashbaum will no doubt be blowing wind up her ar$e saying the State's case is weak blah blah blah....you look at a number of aspects of the case, in relation to DA, and I guess you could see why someone would see the case as weak. There is a lot of stuff that is circumstantial and stuff that could possibly be explained (kind of), but really if you put everything together, it's a "slam dunk case" (Carl Steinbecks favourite quote!).

DA's upcoming trial is a little different than many because we have benefit of the evidence presented in 3 prior trials for the same offense, and CA's trial disclosed a lot of evidence and LE processes that also apply to DA. As well, the defendant has been recorded discussing their own exposure.

BUT basically: I could believe that a forum like this would be reviewed by the defense during a trial if only as a barometer of how influential a given witness or presentation was; or even in preparation of cross examination where a witness spends considerable time in the chair. Our collective thoughts would represent for them, a mid trial mock jury, a scorecard on how its going. I don't believe they would be looking to a forum for defense premise or essential strategy, that is overall alibi or reasonable doubt examination.

In the midst of a televised trial our commentary benefits from the evidence presented to that point. Prior to trial. we normally have only indicators of what the evidence will be or what approach the prosecution will take. We are not privy to discovery...we can only surmise and speculate what the prosecution has in total or what they will select to present in court.

This specific trial, we are going to hear a lot of what we have already heard. And we have benefit of the telephone transcripts. Thanks to Donna's continuing use of any persons around her as sounding board.

Even then, I don't believe DR is looking to WS or any SM forum for basic strategy.

MOO and IANAL

DA's upcoming trial is a little different than many because we have benefit of the evidence presented in 3 prior trials for the same offense, and CA's trial disclosed a lot of evidence and LE processes that also apply to DA. As well, the defendant has been recorded discussing their own exposure.

BUT basically: I could believe that a forum like this would be reviewed by the defense during a trial if only as a barometer of how influential a given witness or presentation was; or even in preparation of cross examination where a witness spends considerable time in the chair. Our collective thoughts would represent for them, a mid trial mock jury, a scorecard on how its going. I don't believe they would be looking to a forum for defense premise or essential strategy, that is overall alibi or reasonable doubt examination.

In the midst of a televised trial our commentary benefits from the evidence presented to that point. Prior to trial. we normally have only indicators of what the evidence will be or what approach the prosecution will take. We are not privy to discovery...we can only surmise and speculate what the prosecution has in total or what they will select to present in court.

This specific trial, we are going to hear a lot of what we have already heard. And we have benefit of the telephone transcripts. Thanks to Donna's continuing use of any persons around her as sounding board.

Even then, I don't believe DR is looking to WS or any SM forum for basic strategy.

MOO and IANAL

Agreed. Not on SM to try to find a basic strategy, but on the jail calls Charlie tells Donna ( and Janis in another) that DR went to SM to read and to test out the double extortion defense theory, prior to trial.

I guess that many people assume that it was CA who came up with it originally.

Legal commentators who wrote about the case in TD believed that Rash and Dubin also conducted expensive mock jury trials but who knows? CA certainly never mentioned that in the released jail calls.

Last edited:
Mentour Lawyer's original upload of the full length interview between TPD and June U from summer 2018

He said "they have no evidence, no proof. It’s just a theory" that he’s a suspect and "he knows someone who knows someone "..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne