FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

it was Tallahassee Democrat-see DeLeos comment a few paragraphs down about the family.

I've said a few times that I think there must be a small element of relief as they get arrested. They don't want to be arrested and prison is going to be a living nightmare, but the waiting and not knowing when they will be arrested has been killing them. Evidenced by the fact they're all juiced up on Xanax bars and the like. When DA was in the police car, her facial expression was almost one of acceptance. It would have been hard on all of them, trying to live a normal life, trying to be happy and positive and for fleeting moments they'd forget about the murder and the fact they're all suspects until the ghost of Dan Markel would return and give them a gentle reminder....
IMO they don't seem to make the obvious jump between arrest and permanently losing freedom. They all seem to think that arrest is a step towards being un-arrested, instead of arrest being a step towards life in prison. So, Donna seems to be relieved at being arrested, but the relief is misplaced.

IMO Donna treated the whole event like an ambulance ride (whadda you mean, Harvey can't ride along?) and assumed she'd be out on bond that very night, 'cos her fixer (Dan) would take care of it.

IMO they don't seem to make the obvious jump between arrest and permanently losing freedom. They all seem to think that arrest is a step towards being un-arrested, instead of arrest being a step towards life in prison. So, Donna seems to be relieved at being arrested, but the relief is misplaced.

IMO Donna treated the whole event like an ambulance ride (whadda you mean, Harvey can't ride along?) and assumed she'd be out on bond that very night, 'cos her fixer (Dan) would take care of it.
I agree, I think it’s possible she may have believed she was being taken to some police station or booking center and then she could call her attorney and be bailed out and then wait for trial. That makes more sense to me as someplace she might have thought Harvey could go with her.

Today new discovery was turned over per the docket - "Continuum Leasing Documents". What could it mean? Did they get Wendi a lease there before the hit was committed? Perhaps during Harvey's birthday weekend?
potentially, that sounds promising.
Yes I believe they feathered a nest for Wendi in advance, in preparation for her move to S FLA but I didn't know which condo, leased before Fathers Day

maybe @amicuscurie wish comes true? ( They've been raising the issue of dates for that Condo for a while)

100 S Pointe Dr Miami Beach FL 33139 - address for Continuum building but yes, it's where the photo of WA, KM and Jacindra was taken on fathers day 2014

- a video doesn't always tell the truth
- he's reviewed the phone but says there's nothing incriminating on it
- flight on 1-way ticket isn't a sign of consciousness of guilt
- Blah blah, her son has been convicted as a crime rather quickly - to clear her mind with her husband. I wish she should have stayed put and she probably wouldn't have been indicted. ( rilly? There's me thinking she was trying to out-run the grand jury)

Asked about speedy trial. Guess what @Missyrocks5 ? He deflected. So predictable.

- deep irony. Very hard and depressing - due to media - that many people came to trial already convicting the defendants. ( He swerved to the jurors who weren't chosen, they're the people. Looool)

ETA

- Donna and Harvey were not attending CA's trial because it was not their choice. Says something cryptic about who was in the gallery which I didn't understand
He claims he did speak to some jurors during selection and those jurors he asked weren't concerned that family were not there but it may sway the views of Youtubers.

He attempts to defend his appearance by mentioning Georgia having been on but iirc GC wasn't on during a trial because state isn't allowed to while Defense lawyers regularly do interviews like he's doing.

When presented with the incriminating hot mic he has prepared notes because he's consulted an ethics attorney and he has to be careful, client privilege.
' She had offered to surrender at any point in time from 2016 on, I know that because I was involved' ( latter is meaningless imo )

Last edited:
Listening to Dan Rashbaum on Surviving the Survivor is difficult. I'm excited to hear other people's thoughts ...if they're listening. He's complaining about potential jurors being exposed to the media/podcasts/YouTube shows...and look he is on one right this minute with his client (Donna) going to trial in the near future.

MOO/MOO

Listening to Dan Rashbaum on Surviving the Survivor is difficult. I'm excited to hear other people's thoughts ...if they're listening. He's complaining about potential jurors being exposed to the media/podcasts/YouTube shows...and look he is on one right this minute with his client (Donna) going to trial in the near future.

MOO/MOO
Well, it's fine if they're exposed to his side of things, it's just that pesky prosecution side of things he has an issue with them hearing. :rolleyes:

MOO

Well, it's fine if they're exposed to his side of things, it's just that pesky prosecution side of things he has an issue with them hearing. :rolleyes:

MOO
He's on SM to complain about SM - sarcasm
I appreciate some of his broader comments about the issues around crime reporting pre trial, there's some broader issues there.

He's now been on the show for over an hour. That surprises me. Wider ranging questions than I expected. Certainly some tough questions.

eta 1 hr 40 now. This is like his closing. eyeroll. Georgia has fallen asleep

Last edited:

MOO/MOO
Tried to listen ... had to turn him off.

- a video doesn't always tell the truth
- he's reviewed the phone but says there's nothing incriminating on it
- flight on 1-way ticket isn't a sign of consciousness of guilt
- Blah blah, her son has been convicted as a crime rather quickly - to clear her mind with her husband. I wish she should have stayed put and she probably wouldn't have been indicted. ( rilly? There's me thinking she was trying to out-run the grand jury)

Asked about speedy trial. Guess what @Missyrocks5 ? He deflected. So predictable.

- deep irony. Very hard and depressing - due to media - that many people came to trial already convicting the defendants. ( He swerved to the jurors who weren't chosen, they're the people. Looool)

ETA

- Donna and Harvey were not attending CA's trial because it was not their choice. Says something cryptic about who was in the gallery which I didn't understand
He claims he did speak to some jurors during selection and those jurors he asked weren't concerned that family were not there but it may sway the views of Youtubers.

He attempts to defend his appearance by mentioning Georgia having been on but iirc GC wasn't on during a trial because state isn't allowed to while Defense lawyers regularly do interviews like he's doing.

When presented with the incriminating hot mic he has prepared notes because he's consulted an ethics attorney and he has to be careful, client privilege.
' She had offered to surrender at any point in time from 2016 on, I know that because I was involved' ( latter is meaningless imo )
@cottonweaver Thank you for this summary. I will watch tonight but haven't had a chance yet. So I guess the notion that Donna wants a trial in a few months is questionable at best.

@cottonweaver Thank you for this summary. I will watch tonight but haven't had a chance yet. So I guess the notion that Donna wants a trial in a few months is questionable at best.
I could only manage a small portion of it, it went on forever. I didn't realise how garbled the notes were til now - I was just reacting.

Yes, guess trial maybe early 2025?

Also he didn't need to be asked, he volunteered that he reads SM to check people's reactions. Guarantee he'll watch the reactions after- shows post this interview, he let slip lots of stuff which demonstrates that he takes it all in. He was very willing to discuss detailed aspects of his and Charlie's case which I thought was strange unless he's looking for a sounding board and setting the dogs running

Last edited:
I could only manage a small portion of it, it went on forever. I didn't realise how garbled the notes were til now - I was just reacting.

Yes, guess trial maybe early 2025?

Also he didn't need to be asked, he volunteered that he reads SM to check people's reactions. Guarantee he'll watch the reactions after- shows post this interview, he let slip lots of stuff which demonstrates that he takes it all in. He was very willing to discuss detailed aspects of his and Charlie's case which I thought was strange unless he's looking for a sounding board and setting the dogs running
Early 2025? Hmm, in her first appearance in Tallahassee it sounded like she wanted to move things along quickly and have a trial very soon. Seems the strategy may have changed with Rashbaum on the case. JMO.

Watching STS. Great guests with Tim and Jared. Tim said that DR said we will hear from Donna so he believes that means Donna will be testifying at her trial. Can't imagine she will be likable, especially to a north FL jury.

20 mins later
Tim Jansen is on now saying that he also thinks it was odd that DR is so keen to talk about specific details like he did.

@Missyrocks5 He's going to to try and pull off a full rebrand imo. IDK what this Alex Morris is like but personally I don't think DR has the creative skills for that, what he just served up - on Donna- was cliche and there are too many counter points in any case. He'd need to employ somebody else behind the scenes. ( Anyway, I guess that Georgia will be prepped for that kind of hire)

@clearskies1 Nobody on the show said 2025, I just think that they've all been exaggerating their urgency to get to trial

ETA- TIm J said he sources think aiming for May or June 2024. Hope that source is accurate. Also raises prospects of gag order due to too many DLawyers trying their case in the media
Later on, TJ adds it may change now that Donna is in GPop and she realises she can cope. He says no-one really knows when...

Last edited:
20 mins later
Tim Jansen is on now saying that he also thinks it was odd that DR is so keen to talk about specific details like he did.

@Missyrocks5 He's going to to try and pull off a full rebrand imo. IDK what this Alex Morris is like but personally I don't think DR has the creative skills for that, what he just served up - on Donna- was cliche and there are too many counter points in any case. He'd need to employ somebody else behind the scenes. ( Anyway, I guess that Georgia will be prepped for that kind of hire)

@clearskies1 Nobody on the show said 2025, I just think that they've all been exaggerating their urgency to get to trial
@cottonweaver good questions. I don't think any of us can figure out what he's doing. He certainly is saying good things about his clients, so I get that. Maybe he feels he is appealing to a potential jury pool. However, I would imagine if a juror is so down in the weeds to be watching these videos about this case, wouldn't they reveal that and then be dumped by the defense? I don't know.

Both guests are lawyers and they are baffled as to why he did this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member