FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Young families tend to like that particular Beach neighborhood (small and quiet and outside the entertainment district) because of the elementary school - one of the few decent places you can send your kid for free (or for 60k a year in rent). I’m curious as to why not just sell it- she may want income or want to keep it just in case. Why claim to be moving to Austin? It’s so puzzling.
exactly

why put it up for rent for 1 year only if you're moving lock, stock n barrel to Texas? ( Renting furnishing or unfurnished as required)

Furthermore, according to a real realtor ( Patty) she'll be lucky to realise $1K per month income even on $5k pm rent.
( There's no info as to whether she paid for it outright or took a mortgage. $615K)

exactly

why put it up for rent for 1 year only if you're moving lock, stock n barrel to Texas? ( Renting furnishing or unfurnished as required)

Furthermore, according to a real realtor ( Patty) she'll be lucky to realise $1K per month income even on $5k pm rent.
( There's no info as to whether she paid for it outright or took a mortgage. $615K)
I believe I heard somewhere that she has a mortgage. I believe one can look this up in county property records. If she does have a mortgage, it would seem to me that the bulk of the rent would go to that and condo fees, so not much income, it would seem.

Young families tend to like that particular Beach neighborhood (small and quiet and outside the entertainment district) because of the elementary school - one of the few decent places you can send your kid for free (or for 60k a year in rent). I’m curious as to why not just sell it- she may want income or want to keep it just in case. Why claim to be moving to Austin? It’s so puzzling.
Lincoln Rd on Miami Beach IS where all the action is.

Young families tend to like that particular Beach neighborhood (small and quiet and outside the entertainment district) because of the elementary school - one of the few decent places you can send your kid for free (or for 60k a year in rent). I’m curious as to why not just sell it- she may want income or want to keep it just in case. Why claim to be moving to Austin? It’s so puzzling
Collin’s Ave used to be where my grandparents went in the 1960’s to get away from the snow. We went there after HS graduation. Old hotels and such. Not so anymore! I remember Rascal House- waiting online for 2 hours!
Maybe at the tip of S Beach it’s quiet but the “island” is where all the action is. Lots going on there. Imo it’s a selfish place for a rich girl to raise her kids. Did you see the bedroom those boys shared at 13 and 14 years old? With a millionaire mother/(grandparents )who’s getting 5K a month from their father…she could have done better imo..such as let them be raised in their fathers home for a start!

OK I know kids have to share bedrooms. I shared one with my brother till I was 11. But these people are not your average family. They are rich…super rich and Wendi was getting a lot from DMs death.

Last edited:
Lincoln Rd on Miami Beach IS where all the action is.
Lincoln Road is definitely where all the cool Halloween parties are, as Katie so memorably testified.

Otherwise it’s become more of a mall with a ton of vacant stores. It was more happening at the time Charlie lived there and the murder took place. But now, the real cutting-edge Miami action in terms of hip stores and restaurants has moved to Wynwood/design district. South Beach is still fun and urban, but it’s more for tourists and people who haven’t discovered Wynwood yet. It’s not on the forward edge anymore. The old people are returning, like in the ‘70’s.

Collin’s Ave used to be where my grandparents went in the 1960’s to get away from the snow. We went there after HS graduation. Old hotels and such. Not so anymore! I remember Rascal House- waiting online for 2 hours!
Maybe at the tip of S Beach it’s quiet but the “island” is where all the action is. Lots going on there. Imo it’s a selfish place for a rich girl to raise her kids. Did you see the bedroom those boys shared at 13 and 14 years old? With a millionaire mother/(grandparents )who’s getting 5K a month from their father…she could have done better imo..such as let them be raised in their fathers home for a start!

OK I know kids have to share bedrooms. I shared one with my brother till I was 11. But these people are not your average family. They are rich…super rich and Wendi was getting a lot from DMs death.
I’m not sure they have as much money as they seemed to before, legal fees might have eaten up a lot, and we don’t know how much of their $ W had access to, although she did get the $for the kids from what I’ve read. I believe she’s testified that Dan’s sister is in charge of the kids” $, though she does get social security for them as well. 5k a month won’t buy you much.

I can’t imagine WA is “getting her affairs in order” calmly and without an escape plan — I mean like “disappear” — a self imposed witness protection of sorts. She knows leaving the country won’t work. I’ve wondered if she’s thought about becoming someone else — completely changing her hairstyle/color, getting contacts with a different tint, changing her wardrobe, moving someplace off the grid, getting plastic surgery under a false name, and then living in a place of her choosing with a new moniker and identity. I mean her family has proven themselves big schemers. It’s been done before.

On the other hand, yes, WA may be preparing for an arrest and period of jail, but thinking she will never be found guilty. IMO she is arrogant and conniving. She probably thinks she’s covered her tracks and there isn’t sufficient evidence to incarcerate her for life. If she’s getting things in order it’s probably for the short-term.

In my opinion, h€11 or high water, she has no intentions of going to prison!
Only my musings :rolleyes:
Georgia Cappleman may have other intentions.

I believe Georgia thinks the same as you. WA is Arrogant and Conniving and believes she can get away with murder. I think back to that moment that Cappleman asks WA a question in trial. Wendy laughs and says what would I ever be arrested for. Georgia looked like she was vowing to wipe that smug look off of WA face. Maybe someone has the clip.

Lincoln Road is definitely where all the cool Halloween parties are, as Katie so memorably testified.

Otherwise it’s become more of a mall with a ton of vacant stores. It was more happening at the time Charlie lived there and the murder took place. But now, the real cutting-edge Miami action in terms of hip stores and restaurants has moved to Wynwood/design district. South Beach is still fun and urban, but it’s more for tourists and people who haven’t discovered Wynwood yet. It’s not on the forward edge anymore. The old people are returning, like in the ‘70’s
Replying on the wrong comment lol.
I think W made out pretty good from the divorce, life insurance policy, half of Dans house, Social security.
Remember , most parents have to put away for college for their kids and living expenses (Unless you get full scholarships as W did). I’d say 2.7 million for the kids, (life ins) 60K a year (SS)), her settlement , half of the house, her parents investment account for her, owning a 1 mil. Condo she paid 600K for, puts her in a much better situation than most. And her parents put $ in trust for the kids and Dans parents are very well off and I am sure also considered the boys.

Georgia Cappleman may have other intentions.

I believe Georgia thinks the same as you. WA is Arrogant and Conniving and believes she can get away with murder. I think back to that moment that Cappleman asks WA a question in trial. Wendy laughs and says what would I ever be arrested for. Georgia looked like she was vowing to wipe that smug look off of WA face. Maybe someone has the clip.
Soon a rude awakening.

Replying on the wrong comment lol.
I think W made out pretty good from the divorce, life insurance policy, half of Dans house, Social security.
Remember , most parents have to put away for college for their kids and living expenses (Unless you get full scholarships as W did). I’d say 2.7 million for the kids, (life ins) 60K a year (SS)), her settlement , half of the house, her parents investment account for her, owning a 1 mil. Condo she paid 600K for, puts her in a much better situation than most. And her parents put $ in trust for the kids and Dans parents are very well off and I am sure also considered the boys.
From what W said on the stand, Dan’s family has money set aside for the boys, from that life insurance, but they don’t give her much of it. She did say she gets social security for the boys, but that would only amount to 60k, which might cover mortgage and condo fees, but barely. I agree she appears to live like she’s struggling for money. 60k a year is not enough to live on, and the other money might have gone pretty quickly, if she wasn’t working or was working on and off. I still think Donna and Harvey have spent a lot on legal fees. And they were probably paying a lot for Charlie’s house, cars, child support, etc. while he was awaiting trial.

Last edited:
From what W said on the stand, Dan’s family has money set aside for the boys, from that life insurance, but they don’t give her much of it. She did say she gets social security for the boys, but that would only amount to 60k, which might cover mortgage and condo fees, but barely. I agree she appears to live like she’s struggling for money. 60k a year is not enough to live on, and the other money might have gone pretty quickly, if she wasn’t working or was working on and off. I still think Donna and Harvey have spent a lot on legal fees. And they were probably paying a lot for Charlie’s house, cars, child support, etc. while he was awaiting trial.
When did W say on the stand that Dans family is setting aside the life insurance money and that they don’t give her much of it? I have seen her on the stand more times than I want to admit and all I remember is that Shelly controls it. I’d think if she wasn’t working (seems she isnt much) she could ask for more to live on (for the boys as an excuse)
Of course I know that 60K a year tax free may not be enough to life on, but I think its a heck of a lot of free money. And whatever she invested from the marriage settlement.

When did W say on the stand that Dans family is setting aside the life insurance money and that they don’t give her much of it? I have seen her on the stand more times than I want to admit and all I remember is that Shelly controls it. I’d think if she wasn’t working (seems she isnt much) she could ask for more to live on (for the boys as an excuse)
Of course I know that 60K a year tax free may not be enough to life on, but I think its a heck of a lot of free money. And whatever she invested from the marriage settlement.
She seemed to me to indicate that she had to ask Shelley for money when she needed it, and that she didn’t always get it. If I recall correctly, she complained that she had to pay the taxes on that fund, even though she couldn’t access it.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back