FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CA said he should have trusted his gut and left the country. DA & HA tried to flee. Why (if you don't mind me asking) would WA not be considering the same vein to avoid prosecution? I can not see the benefit of staying, getting arrested, huge legal expenses, trial and possibly being found guilty of being complicit in a murder for hire. (I wrote "possibly" because of hung jury, mistrial, meteor strike etc.)
We are dealing with quite a broken, maladjusted and unstable woman. She's completely deluded and has convinced herself she is innocent. That voice we all have our inner monologue that advises us, guides us, stops us from doing stupid things, makes us feel bad, or in WA's case tells us we're guilty and we need to run, well her inner monologue has been pretty much silenced.

So she is living her life like an innocent person would. She has told her lawyer she is innocent, because that's what she believes, she'd not trying to sneak her way out of being prosecuted, she's a lawyer, she believes in the law and she knows she can't be arrested because she didn't do anything wrong, there is no evidence.

It's like an athlete that takes performance enhancing drugs and wins an Olympic gold. Most of us wouldn't do that because our inner monologue would remind us daily how we cheated, well like WA, their inner monologue has been silenced...

Even when she is arrested, she'll still convince herself she won't be successfully prosecuted. The penny will drop after a few years of sitting in a prison cell, appeals exhausted..

And this is where her lawyer, John Lauro, (and CAs and DA's lawyers) is probably falling short. Speculative on my part, but I feel that he's probably forgotten what his main role as a criminal defence attorney is, act in his clients best interests.. I feel that he's constantly reassuring WA. stroking her fragile ego, telling her she has nothing to worry about, the state's case against her is weak, making her feel good.

I say that because if he had given her the brutal truth, she would have already unalived herself, fled to Mexico or tried to make a deal with the State. What JL needs to say to her is, imagine you're 20 years deep into a life sentence, you find a time machine and come back to this point. Do you do anything different? So that's what's stopping her fleeing, completely 100% deleuded.

I'm most excited to hear DA's explanation for "this TV is 5" and the even more obscure "they are repairing bridges" which caused CA to reprimand her "stop with the nonsense!"

I'm most excited to hear DA's explanation for "this TV is 5" and the even more obscure "they are repairing bridges" which caused CA to reprimand her "stop with the nonsense!"
I remember that. At one point it seems to me like she was trying to use some kind of coded language about the dental practice to cover that they were talking about how Katie was trying to figure out who was behind the bump.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back