FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also, I am not buying that anyone would text someone “outside your house” while whizzing by any of the Turnpike exits in that area at 70 mph, no matter how close Charlie may have lived to one.

There are high walls and/or tall trees all along the route, and big commercial buildings right next to the highway. In my experience, you wouldn’t even know exactly when you’d be passing by any specific home, it’s just a blur.

Remember, if I recall correctly, the text doesn’t say “passing by your exit,” or something like that. If I recall correctly the text says specifically “outside your house.” You can’t even see any houses from the Turnpike in the Ft. Lauderdale area in my experience (I do recall that you can see some really crappy ones a little further south by Hollywood).

The whole thing, in my opinion, is ridiculous. You’re not “outside” anyone’s house when you’re whizzing by on the Turnpike at 70 mph.

Last edited:
What about D and H’s records of paying for Sunpass? Or any statements they may have sent to the home?

I think the defense is arguing the state doesn’t keep those records after a certain time. Records of paying for SunPass would not necessarily show exactly where the transponder was read, I believe that sometimes you can just pay monthly or pay as you go, and you can set it so it tops up automatically when you run out if you want it to. I suppose your personal statement might show where the tolls were collected, but, again, Donna and/or Harvey might not have kept those.

Last edited:
The reason for texting "outside the house" is to bring Charlie outside to help safeguard a very large amount of cash. I've felt nervous carrying cash to buy a used car, but nothing like this amount of money. You really feel the risk of robbery.

The reason for texting "outside the house" is to bring Charlie outside to help safeguard a very large amount of cash. I've felt nervous carrying cash to buy a used car, but nothing like this amount of money. You really feel the risk of robbery.
I agree.

Is the second one something I wrote? It looks like i wrote it bc its in the yellow box, but I don’t remember writing that.
If you get a bill to your home, it will tell you what toll they are charging you for.
If you change your car, or credit card, then you may get a bill for a toll you went through that wasn’t paid for.

And really CA's reply just wrecks DA's hope that "outside your house" means passing by. he "said 10 minutes." So he understood DA's message to be that she was actually outside his house and that he would be there in 10 minutes and she didn't correct him.

I am surprised that the State doesn't have something else to prove DA and HA's movements on the night of the 18th. e.g credit card statements from fuel stops or food stops, CCTV, google maps data, GPS data from the their car if it had that tech fitted, information from the hotel they stayed in in Orlando. e.g they would have checked in around 1.30am.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vec416
Back