FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Florida State University professor Dan Markel was found in his Tallahassee, Florida, home on Friday. Police say there were no signs of robbery or burglary and have yet to disclose any motive.
According to Tallahassee police, officers found Markel after a neighbor called 911 at about 11 a.m. with reports of a "loud bang."

Markel, 41, was rushed to a local hospital, where he died the following day. "While we cannot release specific information or details regarding this case, the Violent Crimes Unit is releasing that Mr. Markel's cause of death was a fatal gunshot wound to the head," Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo said in a statement.
By Monday, police had categorized the case as a homicide, and according to Tallahassee Police Department spokesman David Northway, Markel was the intended target.
Clues sought in slaying of FSU law professor Dan Markel - CNN
Probable Cause documents
Leon County Court Motions (dissolution of marriage)

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9

Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17
Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23

Last edited by a moderator:
The following is a fictional skit as a brief sally to elicit levity while we folks await for the gist of the Donna Adelson’s first degree murder trial.

Dr. Harvey Adelson
We are not lepers. Why are our friends and relatives running away from us? Even our dear first born son Dr. Robert Adelson stays far away a part! I don’t get it!

Mrs. Donna Adelson
Me too, I am flabbergasted by our people’s behavior toward us. Further, no matter when and where they all are smelling bad. Disgusting!

1725026301126.png
(Fair use composite screenshots)

Dr. Charles Adelson
Stop it Mamma! Excuse me for laughing out loud but you are too funny! If it smells bad no matter with whom, when and where we are, it must be the case that we smell bad.

Wendi Adelson, Esq.
Please, excuse me Charlie. You must speak for yourself only. Even when I don’t take a shower, I smell sweet. From now onward if you all want to communicate, you must go through our respective lawyers!

Last edited:
The State’s argument that the defense could’ve/shouldv’ve tried getting their own records years ago if they were so “exonerating” seemed pretty weak to me. The Judge’s questions made me think he was a bit skeptical about the strength of that argument.

Also it feels like some of DR’s arguments today were stronger than some of his arguments at Charlie’s trial. Interesting to hear all this JMOO tho

The State’s argument that the defense could’ve/shouldv’ve tried getting their own records years ago if they were so “exonerating” seemed pretty weak to me. The Judge’s questions made me think he was a bit skeptical about the strength of that argument.

Also it feels like some of DR’s arguments today were stronger than some of his arguments at Charlie’s trial. Interesting to hear all this JMOO tho
Maybe D and C should have called LE when they were extorted…..

So what happened? Any big Defense motions granted? I only managed the first ten minutes before I had to leave.

So what happened? Any big Defense motions granted? I only managed the first ten minutes before I had to leave.
This is not complete but here's what I jotted down:

Motion to Dismiss Indictment or Exclude Evidence: Decision Reserved
Motion to Exclude Travel Evidence: Denied
Motion to Exclude Autopsy Photos: Denied
Motion to Move to Smaller Courtroom: Denied
Motion to Exclude Evidence of Cumulative Wealth: Denied in Part, Granted in Part (State can intriduce evidence that Adelson had means to pay million bribe and payments for murder but cannot introduce evidence of general net worth)
Motion To Exlcude Wiretape Calls: Denied
Motion to Exlcude LaCasse Testimony Re: WA's Statement that CA had looked into hiring hitman: Decision Reserved
Motion To Exclude Evidence Re: Boys' Name Change and Denial of Visitation: Decision Reserved

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53
Back