FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The only evidence that’s less than 2 years old (that is meaningful) is her text to Dan re if he was planning to travel the week of the murder. ’.
Potential new evidence incriminating WA:
- text from DM to WA "and now you're not guilty?"
- emails and texts from Sara Yousef
- emails from Orin Snyder
- Whatsapp messages between CA and WA on day of the bump
- WA's intention to leave TL prior to the murder, closing down internet and cable accounts, OK Cupid data etc
- plus all the upcoming depositions and interviews from the likes of her lunch dates and TV repair guy

Once DA is convicted, it's not going to be hard for a jury to put all the puzzle pieces together and convict WA. I also believe CA is going to throw WA under the bus. He doesn't have to be obvious about it, accidentally on purpose. He stated to KM he ad been on Whatsapp all day with WA on the day of the bump, he can confirm, when asked on the stand, that he had told her about the bump.

I also think think that in WA's emails to SY, she has stated that she is innocent, but has inferred her family was involved in DM's murder. If that's true and it comes out at trial, then CA will be extremely motivated to turn on his sister. He already has, to some extent, listening to the jailhouse calls. He must me extremely embittered and when he sees the state of his Mum in court and how much she is suffering, he will be even more enraged at his sister who is living footloose and fancy free whilst they rot in jail. They are not going to stay quiet and allow WA to live free. This is not how sociopaths operate.

Last edited:
Potential new evidence incriminating WA:
- text from DM to WA "and now you're not guilty?"
- emails and texts from Sara Yousef
- emails from Orin Snyder
- Whatsapp messages between CA and WA on day of the bump
- WA's intention to leave TL prior to the murder, closing down internet and cable accounts, OK Cupid data etc
- plus all the upcoming depositions and interviews from the likes of her lunch dates and TV repair guy

Once DA is convicted, it's not going to be hard for a jury to put all the puzzle pieces together and convict WA. I also believe CA is going to throw WA under the bus. He doesn't have to be obvious about it, accidentally on purpose. He stated to KM he ad been on Whatsapp all day with WA on the day of the bump, he can confirm, when asked on the stand, that he had told her about the bump.

I also think think that in WA's emails to SY, she has stated that she is innocent, but has inferred her family was involved in DM's murder. If that's true and it comes out at trial, then CA will be extremely motivated to turn on his sister. He already has, to some extent, listening to the jailhouse calls. He must me extremely embittered and when he sees the state of his Mum in court and how much she is suffering, he will be even more enraged at his sister who is living footloose and fancy free whilst they rot in jail. They are not going to stay quiet and allow WA to live free. This is not how sociopaths operate.

Re the WhatsApp messages on the day (?) of the bump, there is no content - so it’s meaningless from an evidentiary perspective. Also, all Charlie said was (paraphrasing) - “I was sending WhatsApp messages all day to several people Wendi being one of them”. Also, not sure that was said on the day of the bump, I believe it was ‘around’ the timeframe but not in that day. Not sure how this is evidence?

First I’m hearing about closing internet / cable - where did this info come from? I’m surprised I never heard that. I’m aware of the OkCupid activity, but unless she was lining up dates in Miami, it’s meaningless to me - is that the case?

Re the Donna text, that can be interpreted either way. The other stuff you mentioned was not moved to public record. Yes we know it exists, but we don’t know the content so I’m not going to assume it’s anything inculpatory.

Start @36:50. Where he starts talking after the hearing yesterday.
WOWZI!! @Going Rogue—are you now more convinced your gal is not innocent/part of?
Wendi re: DMs life insurance policy.

Thanks Mentour.
We can have a nice conversation on this one.

Wow Donna looks really weatherbeaten and tired.

I'm very surprised at how tired she looks. What a stupid way to have behaved, throwing a life of luxury and privilege that most folks could only dream of for spite, anger and nastiness.

I've no sympathy for her at all and as my Irish granny would have said "well now yer've made yer bed ye can sleep in it too."

My sympathy lies with the Markel family - what a disaster it was for their son to cross paths with Wendi!

Re the WhatsApp messages on the day (?) of the bump, there is no content - so it’s meaningless from an evidentiary perspective. Also, all Charlie said was (paraphrasing) - “I was sending WhatsApp messages all day to several people Wendi being one of them”. Also, not sure that was said on the day of the bump, I believe it was ‘around’ the timeframe but not in that day. Not sure how this is evidence?

First I’m hearing about closing internet / cable - where did this info come from? I’m surprised I never heard that. I’m aware of the OkCupid activity, but unless she was lining up dates in Miami, it’s meaningless to me - is that the case?

Re the Donna text, that can be interpreted either way. The other stuff you mentioned was not moved to public record. Yes we know it exists, but we don’t know the content so I’m not going to assume it’s anything inculpatory.
Re the Whatsapp messages. I'm pretty sure it the was the day of the bump and CA stated to KM "I've been messaging my sister all day on WhatsApp." That's verbatim or close to (I think). Obviously there isn't going to be any content, but two important factors with this:

1. it's incriminating that after minimal contact between WA and CA, shortly after the bump there is a flurry of text messages and phone calls. The jury don't need any context. The volume of calls/messages is enough as it's on the day of the bump. And its an opportunity for GC to encourage CA and WA to lie, look foolish and incriminate themselves further. Because they're going to have some lamo excuse why they sent 50+ text messages e.g maybe arranging to get a hair dryer repaired.

2.The Whatsapp messages are an opportunity for CA to throw WA under the bus.

I'll have to dig up the info closing the cable account. It was on Reddit.

Re Ok Cupid activity, speculation on my part, but remember we are talking about someone that is extremely impulsive, erratic and reckless. She has admitted on the stand, she messaged guys on OK Cupid the week of the murder to arrange dates. Now some have said that was to create some sort of alibi to show she wanted to stay in Tallahassee. But then she messaged guys on Ok Cupid, the day after DM was buried.

This shows someone that is completely lacking in empathy. If she really thought LE or the courts would be looking at her OK Cupid data there is no way she would have messaged guys in Miami shortly after the father of her kids was executed. That's something she'd want to keep secret, so I'd wager that the guys she was messaging before DM was shot were based in Miami. That's why GC brought it up.

The family as a whole shared their finances. I think Rashbaum was the “family” attorney even though technically he was Donna and Harveys. In Yiddish you call it Mishpookah.
KNITPICKER, Looked up DR public info and he specialized in white-collar criminal defense and/or complex business matters. This appears to be his first "murder for hire" defense case but HA & DA must have great trust in him in other previous legal matters...perhaps more than a "one off" representation? I always called it "circle of trust" but now expanded my vocabulary to include Mishpookah. (Who'd-a-known-it?) One learns so much from sleuths who bring information/insight beyond outside our routine purview of case knowledge.
II can't even imagine attempting to be lead counsel in such a serous matter./life changing case... it's not like trying to negotiate a financial settlement. After watching the last set of pleadings, I wanted to say. "Hold up there fella' no need to scream and flail your arms." Is there a word for being "too Mishpookah?"

KNITPICKER, Looked up DR public info and he specialized in white-collar criminal defense and/or complex business matters. This appears to be his first "murder for hire" defense case but HA & DA must have great trust in him in other previous legal matters...perhaps more than a "one off" representation? I always called it "circle of trust" but now expanded my vocabulary to include Mishpookah. (Who'd-a-known-it?) One learns so much from sleuths who bring information/insight beyond outside our routine purview of case knowledge.
II can't even imagine attempting to be lead counsel in such a serous matter./life changing case... it's not like trying to negotiate a financial settlement. After watching the last set of pleadings, I wanted to say. "Hold up there fella' no need to scream and flail your arms." Is there a word for being "too Mishpookah?"
Mishpocha is the correct spelling…never actually knew how to spell it but google says this is the correct spelling.
It sounds more like how I spelled it.

Just in case you use it yourself.
Yes at some point years ago, I did remember some online source (not sure if it was in print, etc, that the Adelsons worked with the law firm through the other attorneys. You’d have to I guess research all their legal battles to find out about that.

From Rashbaum website:
Daniel Rashbaum focuses his practice on white-collar criminal defense, internal investigations, regulatory enforcement, and qui tam litigation. He represents individuals and institutions in high-profile matters including those involving alleged violations of the federal securities and commodities laws, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, price-fixing, alleged violations of anti-bribery and anti-kickback statutes, insider trading, money laundering offenses, export violations, and fraud against health care benefit programs.

Yes, strange that they didn’t use a lawyer specializing in murder cases.
Rashbaum himself expresses great sentiment towards Donna
It’s “all in the family”.
Re: “Circle of trust” yeah lol. Funny movie.

Last edited:

Rashbaum had represented Adelson and her husband, Harvey, for years, co-signing the infamous August 2016 “fanciful fiction” letter that proclaimed the family’s innocence. He signed this alongside multiple attorneys representing different family members who had been named as co-conspirators to the murderDavid Oscar Markus and Michael Weinstein signed on behalf of Charlie Adelson, and John Lauro signed on behalf of Wendi. The oldest Adelson son, Robert, didn’t need a lawyer — he was uninvolved in the conspiracy and cooperated with law enforcement from the start.
_____
Markus, Weinstein and Rashbaum practice together (the later a childhood friend of Charlies)
I’m sure you know that but others may not.
The judge brought up this issue again at the last hearing,

From the article: For example, if one of them were ever to want to cooperate with authorities against the other, Rashbaum would be required to withdraw because lawyers can’t act against the interest of even former clients without their consent.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back