FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Re your question, I did wonder whether he'd listened to every Bump call closely. They're multiple hours of audio, its a huge task for a working lawyer. Could easily have been missed.

OR

OTOH he did say, last week after supplying all that Vietnam & S Yousuf info, that he was going to now look into something which he'd never pursued in the past but which he should have. This might be that item.

Jeremy Mutz - lawyer & former staffer in Meggs SAO - was on STS yesterday and he certainly didn't think this was much ado about nothing. He explained that since 2019 he's been raising the issue of why it was unsealed. ( He raised it with OMDBody but they weren't really interested in the ' Inside Baseball' type material either. He said it would make a great book. Mutz was of the belief that Meggs had forced it but that he can't be sure ( it = unsealing)
The article I read was in the Tallahassee Democrat and seemed to me to indicate they were going to look into it further, but it doesn’t seem to me like they did.

The article I read was in the Tallahassee Democrat and seemed to me to indicate they were going to look into it further, but it doesn’t seem to me like they did.
well, everybody on STS agreed on one thing, that there was huge antipathy between Meggs & TPD, in general. One of the panellists also noted that it was outrageous for Meggs to make that public statement saying that there was zero evidence against the Adelsons.

Do you recall that statement? I do but I can't recall the date

To avoid confusion, this is the latest STS episode where Jeremy Mutz reiterates what he thinks about the topic as a former Meggs SAO insider

Last edited:
To avoid confusion, this is the latest STS episode where Jeremy Mutz reiterates what he thinks about the topic as a former Meggs SAO insider
That was interesting. Both Mutz and Webster seemed, to me, to be focused entirely on Meggs and whether he may or may not have wanted the affidavit unsealed. But as far as I can see, the recent Mentour video doesn’t mention Meggs at all.

The focus of Mentour’s recent video, it seems to me, is the fact that there is a bump call in which Donna says that “Wendi’s judge” is friends with a Tallahassee judge and wants to talk to Wendi about the case, and that a Tallahassee judge unsealed the probable cause affidavit sometime after that bump call. In my opinion the panel did not address this and did not mention “Wendi’s judge” though they did talk about the Tallahassee judge who unsealed the affidavit.

Last edited:
I just looked up an old article about how the police were basically blindsided by the unsealing, it does say the judge apparently did it on his own, and that this is pretty much unprecedented. I do think Mentour may have a point, that the judge may have unsealed it once he realized that he had inadvertently released confidential info to Jordan and/or Wendi. I don’t personally think Meggs was involved in that, and I do think it’s possible he may have felt his hands were tied in terms of further prosecutions once it was released.

Why is Mentour on this all of a sudden?
. Look at the date.

Its very clear that the Tallahassee PD and the DA’s office were never on the same page while Willie Meggs was the State Attorney and its also very clear to me missteps were made and its an understatement to say its very fair to question some of the decision making. We can only make educated guesses based on snippets of information that are publicly available and that are being shared by people that were in the know as to why there was such a disconnect. I think the person that has the most information that is willing to ‘share’ more of the story ‘if’ the right questions are asked is Jeremy Mutz. I have a very high opinion of Jeremy Mutz – he is measured, articulate and doesn’t mince his words. Personally, I would love to hear more from Jeremy on this topic and more of the the ‘inside baseball’. I get the impression he is willing to say more, we just need to ‘right’ setting and person to ask the probing questions. Joel shared an email from Jeremy in the video you referenced where he is alleging the judge was ‘contacted’ by someone requesting he unseal the affidavit and further that the TPD wasn’t aware and was not happy about the decision. I have a hunch Jeremy has a good idea who that person may be. I don’t agree with all the speculation that the judges ‘may’ have done anything unethical or prejudicial based on the data being presented in ML’s video. I’m not saying ML is directly saying that, but it seems to me ML’s latest video on this topic is being interpreted as the judge in Tally & the judge in Miami acted in a prejudicial manner when, in my opinion, there is no evidence to support such a claim - we shouldn't speculate either judge did anything wrong based on Donna and Charlies phone conversation. I completely believe Wendi asked the judge she clerked for help getting information – I seriously doubt he would pass information onto her once / ‘if’ it was made clear to him the Adelson family was suspected.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurorabae
Back