FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Right the two judges know each other personally. I 100% believe Wendi leveraged her ‘relationship’ with the judge she clerked for in Miami and asked if he could get her information and he probably said I will ‘see what I can find out’. At that time of the call you reference between Donna & Charlie, the Adelsons weren’t publicly named and I’m sure ‘IF” the judge in Miami was looped into what was alleged in the affidavit re the Adelson's involvement he would NOT have shared that with Wendi. Let's give the two judges a little more credit.
Perhaps. At the time of the bump call they weren’t publicly named, I believe you are correct there. But they were named in the affidavit in my understanding. The Tallahassee judge, I believe, is the same one who originally ordered the affidavit sealed in the first place, per the request of the state. It’s possible he did not know what it said at the time he ordered it sealed.

Perhaps. At the time of the bump call they weren’t publicly named, I believe you are correct there. But they were named in the affidavit in my understanding. The Tallahassee judge, I believe, is the same one who originally ordered the affidavit sealed in the first place, per the request of the state. It’s possible he did not know what it said.
This is a murder case, investigation right? Wouldn't it be very dangerous for LE, witnesses and victims for a judge to "unseal" documents they haven't read??? Even more so, not to advise law enforcement in advance?
So I'm not even thinking that was a possibility. This is a murder case, investigation right?

You’re leaving out what the issue is. The judge gave Wendi information that she should not have been privy to. (Without the motive you are suggesting bc we don’t know the motive. We can only make assumptions)

What information did the judge give Wendi? I already said I can see Wendi asking him to help her get information based on the circumstance AND I can see him saying ‘Ill see what I can find out’. Do you really think once (or if) he found out the Adelsons were implicated in the affidavit he passed that info onto Wendi. Like I said, lets give the judges a little more credit.

This is a murder case, investigation right? Wouldn't it be very dangerous for LE, witnesses and victims for a judge to "unseal" documents they haven't read??? Even more so, not to advise law enforcement in advance?
So I'm not even thinking that was a possibility. This is a murder case, investigation right?
According to the article I read, law enforcement was NOT informed in advance that the affidavit was going to be un-sealed, and this is not typical.

I just listened to Mentour’s video with the bump call again. According to what I hear, Donna says that the judge Wendi works for “had some stuff to tell her,” because he “knows the judge up in Tallahassee” and is “giving her some information from that”.

Per Mutz, the TPD believed that Meggs contacted the judge and asked that he unseal the affidavit.

It is possible that the unsealing of the affidavit was unrelated to Donna’s statements in the bump call.

Last edited:
What information did the judge give Wendi? I already said I can see Wendi asking him to help her get information based on the circumstance AND I can see him saying ‘Ill see what I can find out’. Do you really think once (or if) he found out the Adelsons were implicated in the affidavit he passed that info onto Wendi. Like I said, lets give the judges a little more credit.
Dbm

Last edited:
What information did the judge give Wendi? I already said I can see Wendi asking him to help her get information based on the circumstance AND I can see him saying ‘I’ll see what I can find out’. Do you really think once (or if) he found out the Adelsons were implicated in the affidavit he passed that info onto Wendi. Like I said, let’s give the judges a little more credit.
Donna talked to Charlie about it. On the wiretap call. She wasn’t specific so how would I know?

Courtesy of attorney Judy at AALegal Focus
He's being held at a different site to Rivera & Magbanua
Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 22.31.23.pngScreenshot 2024-09-10 at 22.32.15.png

Last edited:
Donna talked to Charlie about it. On the wiretap call. She wasn’t specific so how would I know?

Of course you don’t know. That’s my point - there is no proof the judge gave Wendi ANY information or anything of substance or anything that compromised the investigation or was unethical / inappropriate. All we know is Donna told Charlie that Wendi told her she is going to get information from the judge.

Yet you said – “the judge gave Wendi information that she should not have been privy to”, and are basing that statement on what Donna said to Charlie. My point remains, lets give BOTH judges a little more credit. I think a lot of people are making the same assumption you are making. I literally had this same conversation with someone else over 2 years ago about this very incident ;) I don't mean to offend your thought process - I had a feeling Mentour Lawyers video was going to open up this debate.

According to the article I read, law enforcement was NOT informed in advance that the affidavit was going to be un-sealed, and this is not typical.

I just listened to Mentour’s video with the bump call again. According to what I hear, Donna says that the judge Wendi works for “had some stuff to tell her,” because he “knows the judge up in Tallahassee” and is “giving her some information from that”.

Per Mutz, the TPD believed that Meggs contacted the judge and asked that he unseal the affidavit.

It is possible that the unsealing of the affidavit was unrelated to Donna’s statements in the bump call.

When you say “unrelated to Donna’s statements in the bump call” - are you referring to the call featured in Mentour Lawyers recent video where Donna told Charlie Wendi is finding out info from the judge? That call was more than a month after the bump. If you are referring to that call, the ‘unsealing’ of the affidavit is unrelated to any statement made in that call - it was unsealed a week later.

Of course you don’t know. That’s my point - there is no proof the judge gave Wendi ANY information or anything of substance or anything that compromised the investigation or was unethical / inappropriate. All we know is Donna told Charlie that Wendi told her she is going to get information from the judge.

Yet you said – “the judge gave Wendi information that she should not have been privy to”, and are basing that statement on what Donna said to Charlie. My point remains, lets give BOTH judges a little more credit. I think a lot of people are making the same assumption you are making. I literally had this same conversation with someone else over 2 years ago about this very incident ;) I don't mean to offend your thought process - I had a feeling Mentour Lawyers video was going to open up this debate.
I think we can assume that if the judge spoke to the judge in Tallahassee and the judge in Miami spoke to Wendi, it was about the case right? So what would YOU say he spoke to her about? On that specific day?

I think we can assume that if the judge spoke to the judge in Tallahassee and the judge in Miami spoke to Wendi, it was about the case right? So what would YOU say he spoke to her about? On that specific day?

Again, I believe Wendi asked the judge she clerked for if he could get her information at the time of Sigfredo’s arrest and he probably told her would see what he could find out. I base that assumption off of what Donna said to Charlie.

I have no idea what information was shared between the judges (if any) BUT I would bet no information was passed onto Wendi that would have compromised the investigation in anyway. Another words, if the judge in Miami was told by his ‘friend’ (the judge in Tallahassee) in confidence that any of the Adelsons were suspects, I sincerely doubt the judge in Miami would have passed that information onto Wendi. If he did, then it would be a very foolish thing for him to have done not to mention very risky, unethical, and illegal. As I keep saying, lets give both judges more credit before we start jumping to conclusions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Metcalflovestruecrime
Back