FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her story that she didn’t want to give away Sigfredo makes little sense to me. As I recall, said on the stand in Charlie’s trial that it was because he was facing the death penalty, but it is my understanding that even after that was taken off the table and he was convicted, and before her second trial, she still refused to talk. As I recall she was asked about this on the stand, and she said that she didn’t want to hurt Sig’s appeal. None of this makes sense to me, because I have seen correspondence between Sig and his attorneys in which Sig himself is strongly encouraged to take a deal, and told that the state is willing to make a deal with Katie. (I believe his attorney even tells him his chances on appeal are slim, but I am not certain I am remembering that correctly.). In the correspondence that I’ve seen, my impression is that he seems bent on taking his chances at trial and on appeal, despite all legal advice against it.

I was under the impression that Sig loved Katie very much and would do anything for her, but he seems to me in this case to have been reluctant to take a deal that might have helped them both. One would think that if Katie had been told about his refusal to take an opportunity to save her and help himself, she would have changed her mind on being reluctant to tell on him, especially with the death penalty off the table. It’s possible that the offer for him, and his refusal to take it, was not communicated to her. Something is not adding up for me.
Right. Not adding up. At all. She said “If i gave Charlie away I’d have to give up the father of my children..you can arrest Charlie…” or something like that. She said it several times to Rashbaum.
Theres something really fishy and I’m wondering if her appeal could have to do with lawyer issues.
She did admit she was involved in the murder, so what do you think her appeal can be?
And shouldn’t that have already been happening?

Re the subject of ' bumping into Magbanua at the office', as per @GordonX 's WS post

@pattysplayhouse
On the last episode of STS, Joel said that one his sources had told him that Markus moved into a new office which just so happened to be in the same building complex as Magbanua's attorney. That he moved in, just when the case ' started to go down.' ( I assume Joel meant he moved in 2016)
Joel didn't elaborate further but it might be something you could delve into - if interested - due to your access & knowledge of so many property and rental records ? Attorney Daryl Cohen also agreed with Joel that it was a 'contrived' move

Last edited:
Seven minutes from Josh Ritter on the task ahead for the Prosecution.
Ritter ' Am I overthinking this?'
I don't think he is, no.

( Josh Ritter, former L.A. County prosecutor, currently a criminal defense attorney)

So why was Judge Hankinson satisfied re: who paid Katies defense?

Maybe DeCoste got a super discounted rental rate from Markus to sub-let office space in Penthouse One which Charlie paid for through Markus in exchange for most (~90%) of Katie's legal fees? That's one way to hide it. And Katie's family paying ~10% for show. That would be one way to fool the court and Hankinson.

Maybe DeCoste got a super discounted rental rate from Markus to sub-let office space in Penthouse One which Charlie paid for through Markus in exchange for most (~90%) of Katie's legal fees? That's one way to hide it. And Katie's family paying ~10% for show. That would be one way to fool the court and Hankinson.
It could be as simple as Katie needed a lawyer and Markus suggested these people down the hall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BDunnam
Back