FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It is fascinating to me how many people believe the myth of the hit man. I really wonder what made the Adelsons believe they could pull this off.

My guess would be pride. They thought they were invincible, high IQ, successful, wealthy, respected and the like.

It’s beyond me how anyone would think that they would not get caught. Perceived superiority leads them to believe they won’t be caught.

Would anyone plan a death knowing that the police would show up at the airport to take them in? DA thought they/she were above the law and that they were on their way to live out of the country.

As it turns out their ‘intelligence’ was lost on their lack of intelligence.

A little on/off subject while so much is up in the air and we await further news. HA and DA thought fleeing to Viet Nam was the best option for them...maybe not after all. Apparently "non-extradition" is not a set in concrete concept or assurance of evading U.S. laws by fleeing to Viet Nam. VN does not want murderers in their country either. And are willing to cooperate in a very short time period. (4 months)
"The Ministry of Public Security (MPS) in Vietnam demonstrated its commitment to international cooperation and ensuring public safety as it coordinated with U.S. law enforcement to locate and arrest two high-profile U.S. fugitives, Polie Phan and Jaiden Nguyen, on June 20 and June 22, 2023, respectively. The duo, wanted for their alleged involvement in a double murder in Houston in January 2023, were apprehended based on an INTERPOL Red Notice, marking the culmination of a four-month joint transnational fugitive operation.
ps.FYI The victims were cannabis farmers from Oregon (where it is legal to grow and use.)

A little on/off subject while so much is up in the air and we await further news. HA and DA thought fleeing to Viet Nam was the best option for them...maybe not after all. Apparently "non-extradition" is not a set in concrete concept or assurance of evading U.S. laws by fleeing to Viet Nam. VN does not want murderers in their country either. And are willing to cooperate in a very short time period. (4 months)
"The Ministry of Public Security (MPS) in Vietnam demonstrated its commitment to international cooperation and ensuring public safety as it coordinated with U.S. law enforcement to locate and arrest two high-profile U.S. fugitives, Polie Phan and Jaiden Nguyen, on June 20 and June 22, 2023, respectively. The duo, wanted for their alleged involvement in a double murder in Houston in January 2023, were apprehended based on an INTERPOL Red Notice, marking the culmination of a four-month joint transnational fugitive operation.
ps.FYI The victims were cannabis farmers from Oregon (where it is legal to grow and use.)
Doesn’t Donna say on the hot mic that she needs to speak with Wendi because she needs legal advice concerning extradition, or something to that effect, because Wendi knows about that stuff?

I thought I heard the DA and HA were in Italy during Charlie's trial. I wonder why they came back to the United States at all??? Surely all of the loose ends they needed to tie up could be done remotely?

So what do you think about that search warrant filed today?
Patty posted it on her new Reddit sub.
Do you think it’s Charlie’s phone that was mentioned?
Wow...was the motion/request filed by Morris? I have always wondered what items/documents may have been "hidden, locked away and stored." DA said she needed to share information with WA. Can anyone recall the hot mic of DA saying something about "codes or keys" if the plane crashed? I can't find it, but I remember hearing it.
I have never been able to wrap my mind around a (long time married) couple selling their family home, getting rid of a lifetime of memories (collectibles/art/heirlooms) and moving to a condo. If given the same situation, I would have to rent a storage space until I could come to terms with leaving everything. The same for CA's home contents. It always seemed odd.
DA WTTE ..."I have all the information. I have the cemetary property. I want her to see all that. I want her to her to have all these papers and the wills. I want her to see all this."
PS. I know LE was still looking for "a burner or extra phone used by Charlie." LE asked June Umchinda about it when they interviewed her prior to CA's trial. @25:10 of the interview. The interviewers were very laid back in their questions. Intentionally matching June's hesitance/low energy? (Please do not take that as a slight on JU as she has had her life turned upside down. I hope she has a wonderful future.) They were amazing and got lots of useful information!

Last edited:
With no new trial date for DA, I find it interesting that CA is still being held at the Leon County jail while KM/LR have been returned to their respective prisons.

Yes, I too have been wondering about this. Possible reasons, in no particular order, any others?
  • CA is needed somehow for the upcoming DA hearing
  • Florida Department of Corrections is attempting to find an in-state location for him (again) where he can get some protection. A South Dakota return is not guaranteed.
  • If South Dakota is the destination, it takes time to arrange transportation especially via transport bus that is shared with other prisoners.
  • Hurricane Helene aftermath with LE resource shortage is delaying transport through the southeast.
  • CA is cooperating now with State [unlikely]
The Leon County Sheriff would want CA out of there ASAP so there must be some reason for the extended stay.

Yes, I too have been wondering about this. Possible reasons, in no particular order, any others?
  • Florida Department of Corrections is attempting to find an in-state location for him (again) where he can get some protection. A South Dakota return is not guaranteed.
  • If South Dakota is the destination, it takes time to arrange transportation especially via transport bus that is shared with other prisoners.
  • Hurricane Helene aftermath with LE resource shortage is delaying transport through the southeast.
The Leon County Sheriff would want CA out of there ASAP so there must be some reason for the extended stay.
FERPO (bbma) Maybe they don't want him back? There are a lot of reasons to delay/deny transfers. However, I think you are correct; the devastation of the hurricane has put CA interstate on the back burner. States have more pressing issues.

The interstate transfer process is too hard and takes too long.

Common Interstate Transfer Concerns | ICAOS

Last edited:
Could he also remain so he is able to meet with his appellate attorney?

I'd love to think it's because of cooperation with the State Attorney but I find that extremely unlikley at this point in CA's appeal.

So search warrant, dated Sept.30, 2024, is for a newly disclosed email address for DA & CA communications. Reading this correctly? DA had another account besides the one she shared with HA.
...."These emails were not located in any other device or search warrant previously served.
Due to Charles Adelson communicating with Donna Adelson that had not previously been observed investigators are requesting a search warrant for Charles Adelson's email to locate any and all communication pertaining to the murder of Dan Markel."
grandma1sobe@gmail.com
I know my sleuthing skills and piecing together skills are far below par, but I did figure out "sobe" is also the abbreviation for South Beach!! (maybe, lol)

Last edited:

I'm inclined to believe it's a combination of the hurricane and a delay in transport back to South Dakota although I doubt they would send him by bus.

So search warrant, dated Sept.30, 2024, is for a newly disclosed email address for DA & CA communications. Reading this correctly? DA had another account besides the one she shared with HA.
...."These emails were not located in any other device or search warrant previously served.
Due to Charles Adelson communicating with Donna Adelson that had not previously been observed investigators are requesting a search warrant for Charles Adelson's email to locate any and all communication pertaining to the murder of Dan Markel."
grandma1sobe@gmail.com
I know my sleuthing skills and piecing together skills are far below par, but I did figure out "sobe" is also the abbreviation for South Beach!! (maybe, lol)
I was coming here to see what folks thought about this being issued now. I am making an assumption that this might have something to do with some undiscovered CA phone that people were referencing in the last hearing? It was being inferred that maybe Charlie had some other burner phone that he was asking one of the attorneys about, I'm not sure. But the problem that we will all say is how late in the game all this is. They convicted everyone so far, but so much evidence we have to wonder will not be discoverable because it was so long ago. What does everyone else think?

grandma1sobe@gmail.com
I think this is correct. But they’ve had Donna’s phone for a year now. Why are we just seeing this?

You’re right on Sobe, but in my opinion, only people who want to sound cool (but are not) call it that. (Stop trying to make Sobe happen!) Same with Sofi, the dental practice where Katie worked. (Sofi Dental). This is a dumb name (in my opinion) for an even more specific and “exclusive” area of Sobe, SOuth of FIfth street. (Where the Icon and Continuum are.)

Last edited:
In the 1987 murder of Lita Sullivan, it took 11 years for hitman Phillip Anthony "Tony" Harwood's ex-girlfriend to go to police and tell them that her then-ex had accepted $25,000 from Sullivan's estranged husband to pose as a flower-delivery man and shoot Lita. So there's one case where the hit man was real and got away with it for 11 years. James Sullivan, who hired him, fled the country and escaped justice for even longer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FridayCrimeClub
Back