FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think this is correct. But they’ve had Donna’s phone for a year now. Why are we just seeing this?

You’re right on Sobe, but in my opinion, only people who want to sound cool (but are not) call it that. (Stop trying to make Sobe happen!) Same with Sofi, the dental practice where Katie worked. (Sofi Dental). This is a dumb name (in my opinion) for an even more specific and “exclusive” area of Sobe, SOuth of FIfth street. (Where the Icon and Continuum are.)
Again a long shot...but I think they have found the "other device!" IE exact wording from the search warrant:
"These emails were not located in any other device or search warrant previously served."
Sounds as if DA & CA had new and private email accounts they created only for burner phones and the crime they planned?

I am very tech challenged, but guessing one can use a phone just for emails and it never goes to a computer? Humpff, Grandma1SoBe is a lot more sophisticated than she let on! Unless one had access to one of the burner phones, it would be impossible to track the "email chain" between grandma1sobe@gmail.com (burner phone) and co-conspirator charlesadelson@gmail.com (burner phone.)? Ugh...so many crumbs but it is coming together. Flashback to the release of previously sealed PCA cautioning that if the co-conspirators knew, they would attempt to destroy/hide evidence or change their methods of communicating?
(Boris Badenov and the aging Natasha Fatale of SoBe with burner phones)

So search warrant, dated Sept.30, 2024, is for a newly disclosed email address for DA & CA communications. Reading this correctly? DA had another account besides the one she shared with HA.
...."These emails were not located in any other device or search warrant previously served.
Due to Charles Adelson communicating with Donna Adelson that had not previously been observed investigators are requesting a search warrant for Charles Adelson's email to locate any and all communication pertaining to the murder of Dan Markel."
grandma1sobe@gmail.com
I know my sleuthing skills and piecing together skills are far below par, but I did figure out "sobe" is also the abbreviation for South Beach!! (maybe, lol)
Many months ago, looking up their condo, I found what looked like 5 e-mail addresses for Donna online. I think it was even here we were chatting about it.
About the storage—-there is one conversation (jail call) she was having with CA where she mentioned a friend of hers who sounded like a hoarder, or just someone who moved from a house into a condo- and she mentioned the storage place she has. I think She even mentions her name.
The “Sofi” mention has a lot of luxury associated with it.
Like saying “The Hamptons”…immediate $$$ in your mind.

Wow...was the motion/request filed by Morris? I have always wondered what items/documents may have been "hidden, locked away and stored." DA said she needed to share information with WA. Can anyone recall the hot mic of DA saying something about "codes or keys" if the plane crashed? I can't find it, but I remember hearing it.
I have never been able to wrap my mind around a (long time married) couple selling their family home, getting rid of a lifetime of memories (collectibles/art/heirlooms) and moving to a condo. If given the same situation, I would have to rent a storage space until I could come to terms with leaving everything. The same for CA's home contents. It always seemed odd.
DA WTTE ..."I have all the information. I have the cemetary property. I want her to see all that. I want her to her to have all these papers and the wills. I want her to see all this."
PS. I know LE was still looking for "a burner or extra phone used by Charlie." LE asked June Umchinda about it when they interviewed her prior to CA's trial. @25:10 of the interview. The interviewers were very laid back in their questions. Intentionally matching June's hesitance/low energy? (Please do not take that as a slight on JU as she has had her life turned upside down. I hope she has a wonderful future.) They were amazing and got lots of useful information!
Jason Newlin

Again a long shot...but I think they have found the "other device!" IE exact wording from the search warrant:
"These emails were not located in any other device or search warrant previously served."
Sounds as if DA & CA had new and private email accounts they created only for burner phones and the crime they planned?

I am very tech challenged, but guessing one can use a phone just for emails and it never goes to a computer? Humpff, Grandma1SoBe is a lot more sophisticated than she let on! Unless one had access to one of the burner phones, it would be impossible to track the "email chain" between grandma1sobe@gmail.com (burner phone) and co-conspirator charlesadelson@gmail.com (burner phone.)? Ugh...so many crumbs but it is coming together. Flashback to the release of previously sealed PCA cautioning that if the co-conspirators knew, they would attempt to destroy/hide evidence or change their methods of communicating?
(Boris Badenov and the aging Natasha Fatale of SoBe with burner phones)
This one says at the bottom that Google should absolutely not disclose to anyone that they’ve been asked for this stuff. So much for that!

Many months ago, looking up their condo, I found what looked like 5 e-mail addresses for Donna online. I think it was even here we were chatting about it.
About the storage—-there is one conversation (jail call) she was having with CA where she mentioned a friend of hers who sounded like a hoarder, or just someone who moved from a house into a condo- and she mentioned the storage place she has. I think She even mentions her name.
The “Sofi” mention has a lot of luxury associated with it.
Like saying “The Hamptons”…immediate $$$ in your mind.
Sort of, except people have actually heard of the Hamptons. I imagine if you go to the Hamptons and say “I live in SoFi,” they will have no idea what you are talking about.

It’s a five-block neighborhood with some luxury condo towers and some very expensive restaurants. One fact which might be of particular interest to followers of this case is that it also has some smaller non-luxury low-rise buildings and one of the only public elementary schools in Miami that is halfway decent. (Many people in even the wealthier Miami neighborhoods go private.)

Few people who live in the luxury high rises have young kids. (They’re mostly Europeans, absentee owners, single professionals, and snowbirds). But for a middle class family (or a single mom, speaking hypothetically), living in one of the smaller non-luxury apartment buildings is a pretty good deal, because you can live in a hip luxury area with trendy restaurants and lots of other single people, but you can send your kids to public school.

In my opinion, it is possible Charlie may have been familiar with the neighborhood - and the fact that it was super high-end and fun but also had one of the only halfway decent public elementary schools in the county - because he worked at the SoFi dental office.

Last edited:
This one says at the bottom that Google should absolutely not disclose to anyone that they’ve been asked for this stuff. So much for that!
amicuscurie...interesting legal language "should not" is not the same as "will not" ,"can not" or "must not." I'm going to guess a subpeona for the records beats "should not" every time.
And many thanks for giving us background & color commentary of the SoBe, SoFi areas. As you stated, if not from there, we would never know what it means.

I am very tech challenged, but guessing one can use a phone just for emails and it never goes to a computer? Humpff,
Do you mean that their computers would have no trace of that email address? I think if they used burner phones and a different email account that was only accessed on those burner phones then yes that's pretty smart on their part. But with the Adelsons for every smart thing they did, they did 5 dumb things and ultimately they got caught...

I think we've all known that burner phones were used at some stage. They're dumb, but they've probably watched enough crime shows to understand the importance of burner phones. That said, they can still be traced. If they know a suspects actual mobile phone number and there is another number pinging from the same location as their mobile, then they have the burner number.

Wow...was the motion/request filed by Morris? I have always wondered what items/documents may have been "hidden, locked away and stored."
I think this comment was fairly innocent and innocuous. Simply letting WA know info about wills and other pertinent info in case they never came back from Vietnam or died.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edlynch
Back