(FL) FWC seeks information regarding a body found near MacDill AFB.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

kuromiiiilove

Reaction score

‘That day (July 17), a body was found near MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa that had marks conducive to being hit by a boat propeller. An investigation revealed that the victim may have left Apollo Beach on July 15 in a blue kayak.

The FWC said a boating accident likely happened between July 15 and July 17.’

An interesting unidentified persons case near me. Very sad. This was just published yesterday. I wonder how no one has looked for this person / reported them as missing for over a month now. They haven’t said if the body is male or female, or given any identifying features. If you’ve ever seen a manatee hit by a prop, it’s pretty devastating.

Likely launched in Apollo beach, was found near MacDill. It’s quite a kayak across. I wonder if the currents may have taken the body. MOO

Attachments

• IMG_2397.png
    IMG_2397.png
    319.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
There’s only one missing person reported in Hillsborough county during the time period of the body and kayak being found. However, he was reported 7/31, which would still be a couple weeks after the kayaking trip.

Edit: I misread. Reported 7/21, 4 days after the body was found. I emailed HCSO. Not a lot of information on him, whether he was an outdoorsman, etc.

Last edited:
HCSO have released the identity of the kayaker as Nathan Richard Williams.
An obituary can be found here with a matching birth date to records released by HCSO: Nate Williams Obituary 2024 - Faupel Funeral Home & Crematory

I have reached out to FWC for comment. I have a sneaking suspicion HCSO was not supposed to release what they did, or maybe that they weren’t aware of FWC releasing the statement that the identity of the kayaker was unknown.

On the other hand, everything is redacted. I wonder if he WAS initially unidentified, and if so, when he was ID’d.The article on the unidentified kayaker was released August 21st.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pencat
Back