FL FL - GERARD SCHAEFER -- How Many Victims?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The legal systems attitude makes me angry. Too many times it seems like when they get a serial killer, if they can convict the guy on one or two of his murders, they are ready to stop. Even when he is suspected of many more.

I hate that because it leaves so many other families with little to no info about their loved ones and about what happened to them. Much of the info is withheld for various reasons...... because of the killers "right to privacy" or because it is "sensitive to the investigation" (the investigation that is no longer happening). They don't continue to prosecute because of the cost. They don't continue to investigate for the same reason.

And the other families are supposed to be satisfied with "we think they were a victim of *advertiser censored*". It leaves the family with no body, no answers and so many questions. I don't presume to know all that you are and have felt through the years. But I understand a lack of closure. Of not knowing for sure.

The legal systems attitude makes me angry. Too many times it seems like when they get a serial killer, if they can convict the guy on one or two of his murders, they are ready to stop. Even when he is suspected of many more.

I hate that because it leaves so many other families with little to no info about their loved ones and about what happened to them. Much of the info is withheld for various reasons...... because of the killers "right to privacy" or because it is "sensitive to the investigation" (the investigation that is no longer happening). They don't continue to prosecute because of the cost. They don't continue to investigate for the same reason.

And the other families are supposed to be satisfied with "we think they were a victim of *advertiser censored*". It leaves the family with no body, no answers and so many questions. I don't presume to know all that you are and have felt through the years. But I understand a lack of closure. Of not knowing for sure.

And that fairly much sums up exactly where we are.....when left with a "we think" or even a "probably"then we the families have no other way than to read about the killer, or read things written by the killer, or look through anything we can that they left behind in hopes of finding out where they left our loved one.
Or we are told to just accept it and move on. For us there is no moving on, nor any getting past it....this is our sister, our flesh and blood, and by taking her he took a part of us, and we can't be whole again until we get her back. So we divide the tasks and then we all do what we can.....but we don't give up....not ever

I have been reading and trying to get caught up on this case. Hugs to you SSA and all of your family. I think we have to revisit getting your families DNA tested. Anyone have any ideas about the best way to do that?

I have been reading and trying to get caught up on this case. Hugs to you SSA and all of your family. I think we have to revisit getting your families DNA tested. Anyone have any ideas about the best way to do that?

I can't get over that either, they should definitely have DNA on file for a missing child if the family are willing and able to give it. Can the NCMEC be of any assistance there, does anybody know?

We have submitted DNA twice. We found her profile on NAMUS and it says DNA testing is complete. Her poster at the Charley Project says DNA available in CODIS. Right now we feel as if our best chance is to try to get her story viewed by many, so we are hoping we can get one of them to run this story for us. Until then we look through all missing sites trying to find someone that may match her.We also try to find articles from that time...we look for killers, and for people arrested around that time of human trafficking.Thank You for taking the time to care.....it is appreciated.....at the time she vanished it was as if nobody cared...

I can't get over that either, they should definitely have DNA on file for a missing child if the family are willing and able to give it. Can the NCMEC be of any assistance there, does anybody know?

We did find out today that our DNA profiles are in the system, so that is a big relief. The NCMEC did the first age enhanced photo of her that appears on her flyer, I am not certain who did the second age enhanced photo that shows now when ya click on her flyer. And Klass kids have been wonderful also. They sent us a bunch of mailing labels to help us keep her picture out there. So right now we are doing the only things we know to do, we are trying to get her story out there Nationally.....and we go through files of those unidentified/Jane does looking for anything that might link them to her......and we look for news articles from around that time that may identify human trafficking ties....

Everytime I read your posts I feel that you do have a understanding of how we feel.You may not have felt every emotion....but you at least grasp the concept...we flip from anger to guilt without even a moments notice...we have asked ourselves 1000 times, what could we have done different, how could we have better protected her that day....we constantly relive that day and ask ourselves what if....and did we miss anything that could have given us even a hint that she would be gone in a moment....
Those are the questions that haunt us, and my brothers who were older than her.....well those are the questions that eat at them...they feel as if they did not do enough to protect her....we wll feel that way....

I always try to remember to say Thank You for all of the help you have given us, and for the research you do, and the time you spend trying to solve this nightmare, and for the prayers you include Debbie in. So just in case I forgot to mention this to anybody....your help and caring are appreciated more than words could ever express and from our hearts we Thank You for all you have done.

Ok y'all this time I really need your skills. Somewhere in he many articles I have read over the past few days I remember seeing that Schaefer may have victims in West Virginia and/or PA. I need to know if he was actually connected to any missing person cases in W.Va......it dawned on me I maybe looking at this all backwards....If he promised to bring my sister back to W.Va....or maybe he did bring her back to here.....Maybe it gave him such a sense of power and control....But I keep looking and I can't remember where I saw it at........

Ok y'all this time I really need your skills. Somewhere in he many articles I have read over the past few days I remember seeing that Schaefer may have victims in West Virginia and/or PA. I need to know if he was actually connected to any missing person cases in W.Va......it dawned on me I maybe looking at this all backwards....If he promised to bring my sister back to W.Va....or maybe he did bring her back to here.....Maybe it gave him such a sense of power and control....But I keep looking and I can't remember where I saw it at........

I don't remember off hand, but I have a collection of about 20 news articles from the 70' s on my computer at home. Some mention the other states that questioned him. I can check them this evening if you don't find it in the meantime.

I went to the library and searched every WV newspaper from 1972, and 1973. There is nothing in any of them referring to a serial killer. I found no missing reports, nor did I find any reports of unidentified remains of a 12-17 year old female. That just boggles my mind. The only connection he seems to have to W.Va. is that he is suspected of killing my sister, and she was from here. What a very sad way to make a connection, or if by making the connection they were trying to make it appear there was a reason for him to have murdered so many women and over a such long time frame, without being noticed.

I went to the library and searched every WV newspaper from 1972, and 1973. There is nothing in any of them referring to a serial killer. I found no missing reports, nor did I find any reports of unidentified remains of a 12-17 year old female. That just boggles my mind. The only connection he seems to have to W.Va. is that he is suspected of killing my sister, and she was from here. What a very sad way to make a connection, or if by making the connection they were trying to make it appear there was a reason for him to have murdered so many women and over a such long time frame, without being noticed.

Even today LE is reluctant to identify a serial killer unless they have the killer in custody. They are afraid of causing a panic. It was even worse back in the 70's. Unless the media connects multiple murders, LE won't publicly announce a connection. Even after media starts questioning it, often they will only admit that there were some similarites in the murders, they won't say serial killer. Sometimes all you can do is find the unsolved murders and try to connect through victimology. (eg young men, women of similar ages and/or looks, prostitutes and/or sources... women/girls picked up walking and so forth. Sometimes you can identify according to where victimis were found I'm thinking of the guy who left bodies in a depression covered with brush.) But usually you won't find them in the media identified as an unsolved serial killing.

Torture for the sake of torture did not interest me. It was, in those days, important to me to feel good about what I was doing. *advertiser censored* were agents of evil, and as a good Catholic young man I had no difficulty with what one might consider philosophical grey areas. There was good and evil; a well-defined line ran between the two. *advertiser censored* were evil. *advertiser censored* were to be killed. Once that decision was made, the problem became how to do it successfully. A great deal of practical study went into the matter. The *advertiser censored* had to be selected, transported, killed and disposed of. The best way to kill them was to hang them. It was convenient, quick, effective, silent and tidy - except for the excrements.

http://www.skcentral.com/articles2.php?article_id=374

Even today LE is reluctant to identify a serial killer unless they have the killer in custody. They are afraid of causing a panic. It was even worse back in the 70's. Unless the media connects multiple murders, LE won't publicly announce a connection. Even after media starts questioning it, often they will only admit that there were some similarites in the murders, they won't say serial killer. Sometimes all you can do is find the unsolved murders and try to connect through victimology. (eg young men, women of similar ages and/or looks, prostitutes and/or sources... women/girls picked up walking and so forth. Sometimes you can identify according to where victimis were found I'm thinking of the guy who left bodies in a depression covered with brush.) But usually you won't find them in the media identified as an unsolved serial killing.
I really should have known this.In all the years we have investigated this man LE still will try not to say how many other murders he is connected to. The theory is that someone will try to out do him on the body count. I'll go back to the library tomorrow and instead of attempting to find his name I will look for his types....who knows...maybe he was connected to here somehow....

I hope you're still awake, SSA. The West Virginia link. He was considered as a possible suspect in the 1970, killings of two UWV coeds. The first article says he was once married to a Quinwood woman and might have spent time in WV.

The articles also say that state attorney Stone reported inquiries from LE in 15 other states where very similar murders occurred.

Morgantown Post May 15, 1973

Charleston Gazette May 14, 1973

I hope you're still awake, SSA. The West Virginia link. He was considered as a possible suspect in the 1970, killings of two UWV coeds. The first article says he was once married to a Quinwood woman and might have spent time in WV.

The articles also say that state attorney Stone reported inquiries from LE in 15 other states where very similar murders occurred.

Morgantown Post May 15, 1973

Charleston Gazette May 14, 1973

WOW and how can I ever thank You. You not only gave me the link I needed, but you also gave me a clear understanding....all he would of had to do was promise to give my sister a ride back to W.Va. and he could have left her body in any of the states. I am speechless here, but Thank You oh so much....

WOW and how can I ever thank You. You not only gave me the link I needed, but you also gave me a clear understanding....all he would of had to do was promise to give my sister a ride back to W.Va. and he could have left her body in any of the states. I am speechless here, but Thank You oh so much....
Is there anyway I can copy these articles to save to my files? I keep trying, but it will not allow me to download them. OOPSSSSSS I got them...must have been a blonde moment....no insult intended....I am blonde

:rose: Debbie is our featured cold case from 1/15 to 1/22/2012:rose:

Her case will also be mentioned on Websleuths Radio tonight at 8PM/EST and 5PM/PST.

:rose: Debbie is our featured cold case from 1/15 to 1/22/2012:rose:

Her case will also be mentioned on Websleuths Radio tonight at 8PM/EST and 5PM/PST.

Thank You so very much. You will never know how much we appreciate your help in keeping her case active.

God bless you, SSA. 40 years of not knowing what happened is way too many.

I pray that you will find the answers you seek. What a loving brother, to continue to try to get answers about your beloved sister.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back