FL FL - Haneul Oh, 22, susp circumstances, Davie, 20 Dec 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Davie Police are searching for a missing woman who disappeared last month under suspicious circumstances, officials said.

Haneul Oh, 22, was last seen in Davie on Dec. 20, police said Friday.

Officials said Oh went missing under suspicious circumstances but gave no other details.

Oh is 5-foot-0, 105 pounds with black hair and brown eyes.

She may be in a gray 2005 Toyota Corolla, with New Jersey tag L20NAZ.

FKM4aOpX0AUTut5

Davie Police Searching for Woman Who Disappeared Under Suspicious Circumstances

https://twitter.com/DaviePolice/status/1487094446357467150/photo/1

Haneul Oh​

oh_haneul.jpg
oh_haneul_car.jpg

Oh, circa 2021; Oh's car
  • Missing Since 12/20/2021
  • Missing From Davie, Florida
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Asian
  • Date of Birth 01/28/2000 (23)
  • Age 21 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0, 105 pounds
  • Associated Vehicle(s) Gray 2005 Toyota Corolla with the New Jersey license plate number L20NAZ
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Asian female. Black hair, brown eyes. Oh is from South Korea.

Details of Disappearance​

Oh was last seen in Davie, Florida on December 20, 2021. She is from South Korea and was living and studying in the United States at the time of her disappearance. She disappeared under mysterious circumstances and has never been heard from again.

Oh may be driving a gray 2005 Toyota Corolla with the New Jersey license plate number L20NAZ; a photo of it is posted with this case summary. She has ties to New Jersey and to Baltimore, Maryland as well as South Korea. Few details are available in her case.

Last updated December 12, 2023; casefile added.

Bumping.
Why so few details in a foreign student's case? Is the picture of the car from when she disappeared?

I don’t think Oh HaNeul went back to South Korea. I searched in Korean and found an article that states her parents lost contact with her. I translate the text:

I'm looking for a missing Korean international student (Oh Haneul Oh, 21 years old)"
The NC Greenville Korean Association set out to find missing Korean students.

It is said that Haneul Oh, a 21-year-old Korean international student, had lost contact with her parents in Korea for the last time last Christmas. There is a record of living in the city of Davie, Florida, and it is said that all the information that can be known is that she was registered and worked at a study abroad institute (presumably a language school).

A report of missing persons has been received through the Atlanta Consulate, and the Korean Association in Miami, including the Consular Cooperation, is making a statement, but it is said that there has been no progress so far.

If there are Koreans who know information about Miss Oh Ha-neul, please contact us at the contact number in the photo below (551-316-9130) or at the Atlanta Consulate (case accident emergency number: 404-295-2807).

1727721572398.jpeg

1727721600466.jpeg

I could not for now find any additional information…

I don’t think Oh HaNeul went back to South Korea. I searched in Korean and found an article that states her parents lost contact with her. I translate the text:

I'm looking for a missing Korean international student (Oh Haneul Oh, 21 years old)"
The NC Greenville Korean Association set out to find missing Korean students.

It is said that Haneul Oh, a 21-year-old Korean international student, had lost contact with her parents in Korea for the last time last Christmas. There is a record of living in the city of Davie, Florida, and it is said that all the information that can be known is that she was registered and worked at a study abroad institute (presumably a language school).

A report of missing persons has been received through the Atlanta Consulate, and the Korean Association in Miami, including the Consular Cooperation, is making a statement, but it is said that there has been no progress so far.

If there are Koreans who know information about Miss Oh Ha-neul, please contact us at the contact number in the photo below (551-316-9130) or at the Atlanta Consulate (case accident emergency number: 404-295-2807).

View attachment 534473

View attachment 534474

I could not for now find any additional information…
Good find!
I assume her car wasn't found either, so maybe she had an accident?

The lack of any information is apalling. The FBI probably got involved due to the inter-state nature of the case, but I wonder why no info,is shared and why media forgot about the case. Should make headlines, a foreign student going missing under suspicious circ and the fbi getting involved…..Very strange
There is IMO much more

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spudxii
Back