FL FL - Jacksonville, BlkMale Pre50, Poss. Name Mike/Michael, Nickname "Pepper", Poss. Presented as Different Gender, Found in Transient Camp, Nov'23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Hochman

Reaction score

POSSIBLE FIRST NAME - MIKE/MICHAEL
NICKNAME - PEPPER

Sketch
1703787345252.png
"The decedent was found by a fellow transient in camp off Hodges Blvd., Jacksonville, FL."

Sex - Male (Possibly presented as different gender)
Race - Black
Age - Pre-50
DBF - November 11, 2023
Location - Transient camp off Hodges Blvd., Jacksonville, Florida
Condition - Recognizable
All parts recovered

Height - 5' 5"(65 inches) Measured
Weight - 110 lbs Measured

Hair Color - Black
Eye Color - Unknown (Presumably Brown)

Piercing - Both ear lobes

Tattoos
- Feather and outline birds trailing away (Right Arm)
1703787842029.png
- Indistinguishable tattoo (Left Arm)
1703787947423.png

Clothing
- Green sweatshirt
- Black pants
- Black underwear
- Nylon thigh high stockings

Jewelry/Accessories
- Yellow metal chain with attached black chain
- Black beaded chain
- Two post earrings
- White metal ring
- Red string bracelet
- Hair tie

Demographics​

Biological SexMale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First NameMike/Michael
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Nickname/Alias"Pepper"
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years)--
Estimated Year of Death--
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 5"(65 inches) , Measured
Weight110 lbs, Measured

Circumstances​

TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundNovember 11, 2023
NamUs Case CreatedDecember 13, 2023
ME/C QA Reviewed--

Location Found Map

LocationJacksonville, Florida 32224
CountyDuval County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Found On Tribal LandNo
Circumstances of RecoveryThe decedent was found by a fellow transient in camp off Hodges Blvd., Jacksonville, FL. Decedent may have presented as a gender different than the one assigned at birth. Decedent went by the name "Pepper."

Details of Recovery​

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsRecognizable face

A recent case that has just been added to the UID wiki. I have submitted them to the Trans Doe Task Force.

UID wikia link won't show up, but search "Pepper" and you will find their page.
This is their reconstruction- sorry it's sideways!

Attachments

• pepper recon.jpg
    pepper recon.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 5
There’s not much room in the title, but if you add the UP/MP # in the opening post (or anywhere in the thread, like ChatteringBirds did) it will show up when you’re searching WS! ;) :)

Cases involving trans/potentially trans Does break my heart. As a lesbian, trans people, especially trans women, are the reason I have the rights I have today, but they still face so much injustice and discrimination. It's the least I can do to try and help out.

Cases involving trans/potentially trans Does break my heart. As a lesbian, trans people, especially trans women, are the reason I have the rights I have today, but they still face so much injustice and discrimination. It's the least I can do to try and help out.
*applauds* Hear, hear.

for the ‘indistinguishable’ left arm tattoo, I see an outline of a Chinese style dragon, with its mouth open and those almost catfish-like whiskers? Then the body looping down the arm. Amazing job on sharpening that up! Because I would have struggled to recognise it from the NAMUS pics.
I’m sure that’s not much help, but thought I’d put it forth anyway. May Pepper get their name back and RIP

for the ‘indistinguishable’ left arm tattoo, I see an outline of a Chinese style dragon, with its mouth open and those almost catfish-like whiskers? Then the body looping down the arm. Amazing job on sharpening that up! Because I would have struggled to recognise it from the NAMUS pics.
I’m sure that’s not much help, but thought I’d put it forth anyway. May Pepper get their name back and RIP
I stared at it for the longest time, and you're right, it IS a dragon. I think it might be an incomplete one, the lower coil seems like it's just an outline, not filled in. Good job. I can't believe I couldn't see it, but I just couldn't, until you said it.

Fellow lesbian websleuther here! I hope that this poor soul gets their name back soon. :(

I stared at it for the longest time, and you're right, it IS a dragon. I think it might be an incomplete one, the lower coil seems like it's just an outline, not filled in. Good job. I can't believe I couldn't see it, but I just couldn't, until you said it.
Thank you, @iamshadow21 :) it just kinda jumped out at me, am usually last to twig onto magic eye pics etc. I don’t know if it should be passed on to someone at namus? Or if it would even help really. I’m in aus so not sure of how these things work. (Ps, I am familiar with your username because I closely followed the Gannon trial, and just wanted to say I appreciated your input and posts in that one so very much ♥️)

Thank you, @iamshadow21 :) it just kinda jumped out at me, am usually last to twig onto magic eye pics etc. I don’t know if it should be passed on to someone at namus? Or if it would even help really. I’m in aus so not sure of how these things work. (Ps, I am familiar with your username because I closely followed the Gannon trial, and just wanted to say I appreciated your input and posts in that one so very much ♥️)
It probably should, especially if they're trying to match this Doe with missing persons reports, which may include tattoo descriptions . I don't know how to do that, though, and I am also in Australia. @MadMcGoo , do you know how to pass on @Suspish 's finding?

I agree that the left arm tattoo is a dragon; seeing the edited/enhanced pic helped me a lot. The possible "crescent moon/yin-yang" mentioned on NamUs seems to be the dragon's tail.
I traced over what I could see of the tattoo- Obviously I'm no professional and I'm not saying the tattoo actually looked like this. I just traced what I saw, and this is what I came up with.

Attachments

• pepper tattoo recon.png
    pepper tattoo recon.png
    432.4 KB · Views: 36
Interesting that you mention a Chinese dragon. 2024 is The Year of the Dragon coincidentally. I wonder if these years are of significance to an important event. Transitioning, birth of a child, death of someone, etc.

Snip
According to the Chinese zodiac, the Year of the Dragon comes once every 12 years. The dragon (龙 lóng) years of the last century were 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, and 2012.

A string bracelet usually has a meaning. It could be a connection to his partner or his religion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe
Back