FL-Jacksonville, Multiple people, suspect dead in dollar store shooting.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I saw part of the press conference where the sheriff mentioned the shooter had previous contact with law enforcement in 2016 for donestic disturbance AND in 2017 related to the Baker Act (I gathered that someone thought he posed a danger to himself or others and asked that he be involuntarily committed to a mental health facility for evaluation/treatment). I am curious to learn when the firearms used in the crime were purchased (after this time?) and by whom (presser said he lived with his parents).
This kid would have been in very big trouble at the tender age of 14. One wonders what people who knew him thought.

I cannot even fathom the depth of hatred for another human being. I'm sure his parents must be so sad. If he had help in his teens, you know they had to have tried their best. No parent wants to commit their kid. I just wish it would have helped.

— A.J. Laguerre worked at a Dollar General store after finishing high school to help support the grandmother who raised him. Angela Michelle Carr was an Uber driver beloved by her children. Jerrald Gallion relished weekends with his 4-year-old daughter.

— A.J. Laguerre worked at a Dollar General store after finishing high school to help support the grandmother who raised him. Angela Michelle Carr was an Uber driver beloved by her children. Jerrald Gallion relished weekends with his 4-year-old daughter.

Rest in peace, fellow Americans just living your lives and loving your families. My condolences to the loved ones, and condolences to all of us for continued existence in this violent culture we've created.

I am sad and pissed off.

jmo

In a press release on the company website, Dollar General said two nonprofits, including the First Coast Relief Fund, will receive a $500,000 donation. The donation to the First Coast fund will support the Jacksonville community immediately and in the long term. The company also announced that it would be pledging $1 million toward its Employee Assistance Foundation, which provides employees of the company with assistance in their times of need.

Dollar General’s CEO, Jeff Owen, stressed the company is focused on helping heal the Jacksonville community.

“The entire DG family continues to mourn the senseless, hate-driven loss of life that took place last weekend,” Owen explained. “Our focus continues to be on supporting the victims’ families, our employees, and their loved ones, alongside how we can best support and stand with the greater Jacksonville community. The actions we are taking are in an effort to begin to heal together.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isla_lei
Back