FL FL - Jacksonville, WhtMale 1085UMFL, 40-60, heart & arrow tattoo, Jun'87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can I bump a thread from 2010? James Boyd (Jimmy) was my relative. His dad was my grandpas brother. He and my dad were first cousins.

I loved this thread. I have been researching him lightly over the last few years.

Can I bump a thread from 2010? James Boyd (Jimmy) was my relative. His dad was my grandpas brother. He and my dad were first cousins.

I loved this thread. I have been researching him lightly over the last few years.

H
Thanks for information on post minimum, Carl,

This is so interesting. How strange to find these discussions.

And, I'll apologize for not knowing whether to post this here or the other thread - No, the other 'unidentified' man isn't James either.

Something I find odd is that they record him (James) with brown hair. His hair was blonde, although it'd been many years since I'd seen him, and it was possibly somewhat darker (or more gray), I still can't imagine it might be mistaken for brown.

Thanks for directing me to the other thread, it didn't come up on my Google searches, so I might have never seen it.

I'm still a bit awed by this, so excuse me if I sound somewhat flustered.

Thanks to you guys for your good intentions.

Hi. I’m brand new here, I stumbled on this thread searching for James Boyd (Jimmy). Is this the man you knew? He is my dads first cousin.

Of course you can bump, as long as the case is unsolved (with an unidentified victim - UID). Please contribute, here and anywhere else. We are all here with the same aim - to help the deceased find their way back to their loved ones.

There are now 5 NamUs rule outs listed:

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP22185Jerry Floyd
Date of Last ContactFebruary 20, 1983
StateFL
CountyVolusia

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP23410John Truett
Date of Last ContactMay 21, 1985
StateFL
CountyVolusia

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP33291Kenneth Gautier
Date of Last ContactJune 01, 1975
StateFL
CountyHillsborough

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP7515Douglas Mackenzie
Date of Last ContactJuly 02, 1985
StateFL
CountyOsceola

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP1752Christopher King
Date of Last ContactAugust 02, 1974
StateCA
CountySan Bernardino

It states that "this individual was the victim of an undetermined drowning at 600 E Monroe Street in Jacksonville."

Do they mean the 600 block? I couldn't find a 600 E Monroe Street in Jacksonville but maybe the address existed in 1987. What I find bizarre is that he had been dead for about five days, and died of an undetermined drowning. Does that mean he wasn't found in water such as in a bathtub, or pool?

Today, I submitted this case, and missing person Howard Vaughn Gratteau.

There's a lot of biometrics data for both cases in the system, so it seems highly likely that these two cases may already be indirect exclusions.

Howard-Vaughn-Gratteau.jpg

Although Howard is stated as being 3 inches taller, and weighing 45 more pounds, there are a few compelling details:

1. While the UID was found deceased in Jacksonville, FL, he had a business card for a gynecologist, roughly 315 miles south in Pembroke Pines, FL that was dated 5/13/1987 at 10:45 am. Pembroke Pines appears to directly neighbor Davie, FL which is where Howard Vaughn Gratteau was last seen. It may be that Howard had an affair with another woman who lived near his home, and that he had a card for an appointment with a gynecologist for this woman he may have impregnated.

2. If you look at the UID's face, you can make out a difference in skin colorization around the eyes where tinted glasses may have set. Although, I'm not sure if Howard wore tinted sunglasses, or if his prescription lenses had a slight tint to them.

3. Both men appear to have upper eyelid dermatochalasis.

4. Despite the reconstruction of the UID's face, the two men look fairly similar, especially the nose. I've also seen photos of Howard's brothers, and they resemble the UID as well.

5. Howard has a "heart pierced with an arrow and his wife's name, Rejane" tattoo on his right arm, and the UID has a "heart with an arrow on upper left arm." While the tattoos are listed on different arms, I've seen cases where family were found to be confused about details.

Also note that the UID was in a state of decomposing/putrefaction, and that lettering may not have been distinguishable.

Howard Vaughn Gratteau (NamUs #MP13803)
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Jacksonville, FL Unidentified (NamUs #UP804)
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

12 new exclusions in the last couple of years.

17 Unidentified Person Exclusions
View attachment 522867
View attachment 522868
View attachment 522869
Are these exclusions for Mr. Gratteau?
Better to post them here:

Are these exclusions for Mr. Gratteau?
Better to post them here:
Oh yes. Thank you very much for catching that. I have removed my post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniellelacy
Back