FL FL - Jacksonville, WhtMale UP12334, 40-75, Nike cap & shoes, Mar'13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Still no ruleouts listed.

Alan Tuott very strongly resembles the sketch, with the long square face, big chin, and high wide forehead. Height matches, age is in range, timeline is good, clothing is similar though not an exact match. It's a bit of a haul from Coral Springs to Jacksonville, but not prohibitive. There's not enough information to know whether the injuries match up.

Alan Tuott?
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
He was 58 in 2012 when he left a doctor's appointment and hasn't been seen since. He was from Coral Springs, FL. There isn't a whole lot of information, but his left eye is listed as lazy which might explain the need for glasses/contacts. I can't find a photo of him shaved which would be helpful to compare to the sketch because the sketch has a distinguishable chin, but the face looks similar to me. I wish there was more information about the appointment or from his doctor, as the UID had healed fractures and a suture and it would be interesting to know if Alan had any of those things as well as Eagle's syndrome.

Yeah I mean Tuott has that long face that I always found so odd in the way the sketch was drawn. I am going to hunt and peck around more to see if I can find anymore details. Nice find.

October 16, 2023

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office highlights cold cases each month as part of the Cold Case Spotlight campaign. This month, investigators are asking for help to identify human remains found in the woods on the Southside.

1697493307829.jpeg

A sketch shows what a man whose remains were found in 2013 may have looked like | Jacksonville Sheriff's Office

In the Southside case, one part of the man’s remains were found March 8, 2013, off Brightman Boulevard, near what is now Topgolf. Workers clearing land found a skull in what had been a wooded site. Homicide detectives found more skeletal remains nearby when searching the next day, all looking like they had been in the woods for a long time, police said.

Police say the remains were those of a man who had been wearing a black Nike hat, T-shirt and sweatpants, plus white and black Nike shoes at the time of his death. An autopsy determined that he had been hit in the head.

Michael Dean Britt was last seen headed to Jacksonville on his boat On September 16, 2011. They don’t know if he made it there.
His case is interesting and I don’t believe it has an entry here on Webslueths. From a case law page related to his insurance claim:
The insurance related case law site

”From 2004 onward, the sailboat served as Michael's residence in Florida; Michael had no other established residence. In early September 2011, Michael telephoned Britt, Michael's father, and told Britt that he had accepted a job driving a commercial truck and that he had to attend orientation for the new job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Michael informed Britt that he planned to sail the sailboat from West Palm Beach, Florida, to Jacksonville, Florida, store the boat in Jacksonville, and rent a car in Jacksonville to drive to Oklahoma City for the orientation.

On or around September 11, 2011, Michael set sail for Jacksonville. On September 15, 2011, the United States Coast Guard boarded the sailboat approximately one mile off the coast of Cape Canaveral, Florida, for a “cold hit” inspection. That inspection revealed that the sailboat was seaworthy as of September 15, 2011. There is no evidence of any severe weather in the Cape Canaveral area on September 15, 2011, or in the days immediately thereafter. Also on September 15, 2011, Michael telephoned Britt and informed Britt that, given a lack of wind, he would arrive in Jacksonville later than anticipated but that he would telephone Britt when he arrived. That telephone call never came, and, to the parties' knowledge, no one has seen Michael or the sailboat since September 15, 2011, despite search efforts by Britt and his family, the United States Coast Guard, and Florida authorities.”

The Coast Guard's reports from its investigation into Michael's disappearance indicate that Michael last used his cellular telephone on September 17, 2011, at 11:58 p.m. to call a debt-collection agency that had a lien on the sailboat.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatsTheStoryLori
Back