GUILTY FL - Janiya Thomas, 11, Bradenton, Jan 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
S
So many states see this -- things are tight, so there go the schools, the teacher pay, and this and other social causes. Overlooked, overworked, underpaid, understaffed. SMH.

Grrrrrr.

And yet the U.S. spends billions of taxpayers money toward the aid of foreign countries while we face cutback after cutback. When I graduated from high school in California many years ago, the California school system was No. 1 in the country; now it comes in at 48th.

We, like so many other states, have endured budget cuts to schools, social services for both the elderly and poor, the court system; prison overcrowding; fire and police lay-offs; the list is too long to recite here.

While the U.S. is the richest country in the world, our governments at both the state and federal levels are remiss in their responsibilities to its citizens.

What happened to this poor child is beyond tragic. Unfortunately, child abuse goes on every day, but this one has a face, and Janiya could have been safe had the authorities acted sooner. I know there is enough blame to pass around; no matter, this child was let down by those who should have protected her. All the "should haves" in the world won't change this outcome.

RIP, dear Janiya. No one can ever hurt you again.

The way the sibling seemed to state very matter of fact that he/she thinks Janiya is dead. So sad.

From the affidavit:

It seems one of her siblings gave the information about Janiya in an interview. In short he said, she would be kept in the bathroom for up to a week when she she had 'accidents'. Slept in there too. Tried to sneak out sometimes at night, would then get beaten with the hand or a belt by mom. Would not get to eat either.

This is horrendous! I'm so sad and angry! What an evil person!

Siblings came home from school one day and Janiya was simply not there anymore. I guess LE will get an approximate date for her death this way. Siblings had a feeling she might be dead.

My 6 year old son has encopresis. It's not fun and involves many, many accidents. And requires a ton of patience. None of it is his fault. Its terrible to live with (for him and us). I can't fathom confining him to a bathroom as punishment. He's totally innocent and doesnt intentionally have accidents. He is all I picture when Janiya's accidents and bathroom torture are mentioned. Breaks my heart.

OMG! this is so terribly sad😢
Speechless. Fly high baby girl. No one can hurt you now😭

What tells me that mom has been collecting the benefits for the child who was in the freezer for 18 months. NOTHING surprises me anymore. Maybe she didn't have a daddy to send any money but if the child had any issues at all, we have a million resources to help, until school is out for summer. Hmmm.

Firstly...too many of these cases...it just seems so non-stop lately :'(

When I read the articles about this poor little girl...she had accidents...my heart ached even more...
My daughter...who is now 34 years old....had accidents until she was about 10...
She would be invited to sleepovers...she would tell them she couldn't go to sleepovers...
Middle of the night we'd be changing sheets...quietly...getting her into the tub...fresh jammies...
She was so mortified and it was so upsetting for her....she'd cry almost every time it happened & I would too...it didn't always happen...but...
Eventually ..as the doctor said it would...her bladder 'grew into her body size'...and one day...we realized ...she wasn't having accidents...
When she went on her first real sleepover.....oh you can't believe it...she was so happy...she was crying again...this time for all the right reasons...& I did too!
What mother...punishes their child....beats their child.....*shakes head*...I can't get my head around this....I KNOW...how it can be frustrating...I KNOW how painful it can be...but my tears weren't for myself...and having to do clean up and baths and bed changes at 2am...it was for my daughter.....
I don't even want to tell me daughter about this case because I know how upset she will get ..She is now an adult and a registered nurse *so proud of her btw! & she's helping the little ones!*
RIP little Janiya....there are a lot of mommies out here who DO love you!

LoriMcA, thank you so much for telling this story, made my eyes water.

You are what defines a Mother and it's the hardest most rewarding job on the planet, and the epitome of Grace.

Godspeed Janiya :innocent: :angel:

While a medical examiner works to identify a child found in a freezer in a Bradenton home, authorities are trying to answer the many questions surrounding the disappearance of 11-year-old Janiya Thomas.
"She's done something with this child that she knows she should not have done, and she will get charged for it once we can prove what it is she did," said Lt. James Racky with the Bradenton Police Department.
The last contact Child Protective Services officials had with Janiya was in August 2014.
Thomas has a history with child abuse allegations dating back to 2003. In 2014, CPS monitored her after allegations involving her older son. Officials said that case was later closed with no follow up required. It wasn't until three weeks ago that the same son called to say he had been abused again after he stole something from the Walmart Thomas worked at.

Thomas' other children, ages 2, 9, 12 and 15, are now in state custody.

"We try to be professional, we try to put on a calm face about it, but it disgusts me," Bradenton police spokesman Lt. James Racky said. "I've got children myself. However this happened, it's just not right, and we have to find out who is responsible. We need hold them accountable, that child is someone's child. Whether it's hers or not, we'll find that out for sure."

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...cles/bn9/2015/10/19/mother_in_jail_as_au.html

Wow it's beautiful! Why could she not or would she not get medical help for Janiya's incontinence problem? Money should not have been a problem?

Whatever the problem was, it was something that ultimately led to or contributed to her father's death, according to the news link shared earlier. That tells me it wasn't something so simple as Janiya wetting the bed or having "leakage" due to constipation. It sounds more likely to be something quite serious, like Crohn's disease or colitis (that's pure speculation and I'm not saying she had either). And that is even more rage-inducing. She needed treatment! Not punishment! Was her mom medically neglecting her? It seems like she was neglecting her in every other way, so I can certainly believe it.

Has anybody found any social media for the "mother"?

I homeschool my son and there is plenty of documentation required in PA.
Additionally Medicaid will pay for incontinence supplies for a disabled child with a physicians prescription.

She may not have had a 'medical condition'. I'm leaning more towards a terror filled girl who could not control her bowels under constant threats. :( ** speculative**

BRADENTON -- Keishanna Thomas again refused Tuesday morning to tell a judge anything about what happened to her missing and now presumed dead 11-year-old daughter Janiya, as a new police report detailed abuse investigators say the girl suffered at the hands of her mother.
Thomas appeared before Circuit Judge Diana Moreland Tuesday morning to address the contempt charge.

"She is not going to be making any statements at all," Assistant Public Defender Franklin Roberts said on behalf of Thomas.
According to a report dated Monday, detectives said the last time Janiya was physically seen was June 9, 2014.

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article40435170.html

I'm just not getting the point of her continuing to plead the 5th. Gah. She's like a combination of Ruben Ebron and Shanesha Taylor.

What if...

she didn't kill her?

What if... she's covering for someone else who did? Obviously she knew she was in the freezer (maybe even put her in there herself), but what if the reason she's not answering is because she's covering for someone, and thinking she can't be charged with her death because she knows she didn't do it?

Is that even possible?

It's absolutely possible. Women cover for men who beat and kill their kids just about every day it seems. But if your own mother will not stand up for you , who will? She's just as guilty to me if she did it or is covering for it.

if you google Janiya Thomas some images come up from a myspace page but I do not feel confident enough that they are photos of her or that the myspace page in question is that of mom.

It is older and contains many images of other individuals including minors so it should not be linked here.

From the affidavit:

It seems one of her siblings gave the information about Janiya in an interview. In short he said, she would be kept in the bathroom for up to a week when she she had 'accidents'. Slept in there too. Tried to sneak out sometimes at night, would then get beaten with the hand or a belt by mom. Would not get to eat either.

This is horrendous! I'm so sad and angry! What an evil person!

Siblings came home from school one day and Janiya was simply not there anymore. I guess LE will get an approximate date for her death this way. Siblings had a feeling she might be dead.

This woman is the devil. I'm beyond sick of parents beating their children to death because of ' potty training' issues. Stop killing our babies. I said in another thread about my dog who is 6 now and just cannot get her feet wet or cold and has many , many accidents in the winter. SO many that we don't call them accidents and we actually laugh about her precious tender feet she cannot get cold to go outside. I have never beaten her for it and it's never even crossed my mind. I can hardly even bring myself to give her a stern talk about it because its' not her fault her feet or so sensitive to cold weather. Janiya's life is over because of a mess? A mess you were too busy, high, angry, missing to clean up one more time? A week in the bathroom with no food? I'm guessing no food so her bowels would be empty so no more accidents, right? I'm thinking very unChristian like things about this woman but suffice it to say whatever you are due, you cannot escape. That much I have confidence in.

Florida Police Chief 'Flabbergasted' That No One Reported 11-Year-Old Janiya Thomas Missing for More Than a Year.

http://www.people.com/article/janiy...bergasted-no-one-reported-11-year-old-missing

"And she's not the only one who should be afraid, says Radzilowski. The police chief tells PEOPLE that his investigators have "a lot of people running for cover."

"There was a failure to do right by this girl," he says, adding that he plans to hold anyone involved in her disappearance accountable."

She may not have had a 'medical condition'. I'm leaning more towards a terror filled girl who could not control her bowels under constant threats. :( ** speculative**

I think it's possible that the stress and fear certainly affected her, but it was reported that she did have a medical problem like the one that killed her father.

"Racky said Janiya had a condition that impacted her digestion and bowel movements.

'She could not always tell when she had to go to the bathroom,' Racky said. 'That's one of the reasons the mother was frustrated with the child and kept the child in the bathroom at her residence. That medical condition is the same one that killed Janiya's father.'"
http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article39855885.html

ETA: BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734