GUILTY FL - Jason Rodriguez accused of shooting 6 coworkers in Orlando, 1 dead

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The jury has been excused to begin their deliberations. (I think there was a glich in the stream and parts of Judge Perry reading the instructions were repeated.)

BillSheafferWFTV:
The Defense put on a strong case. It could go either way.

The jury passed some questions to Judge Perry via a note.

They wanted the poster board the State used in closing arguments--they can't have that as it was not entered into evidence.

The wanted the 3D fly through video--they have that. (They are helping them find it.)

The wanted the surveillance video--they have that. (They are helping them find it.)

Judge Perry said he will give the jury a choice of whether or not they want to deliberate on Saturday, if they don't decide today.

It seems he may let them deliberate until about 10:00 pm today.

Edited to add: He just released everyone until 2:45 pm, but hey have to leave a number where they can be reached.

We are back in the courtroom! I am not sure why yet?

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 1m
Verdict in #JasonRodriguez trial...that was fast!

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 10m
Jury has found #JasonRodriguez guilty of 1st degree murder on all counts (victims) 1, 2, 3, 4, attempted 1st degree murder guilty 5, 6.

Trial Diva Jen ™ ‏@TrialDivasJ 7m
#JasonRodriguez discharged a firearm during the crime and is found guilty for count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Just posting this for a record.

I see they didn't buy the insanity plea either. That was so quick I think they already had their mind made up.

clearly jury tossed out testimony of expert witnesses for defense

clearly jury tossed out testimony of expert witnesses for defense

They paid for those witness's also. The defense team looked a little mad after the verdict was read. I thought they looked a little mad as Jason tried talking to them before the verdict was read. Or maybe they are afraid of Jason. idk

Jason Rodriguez guilty in 2009 downtown Orlando shooting spree
Jason Rodriguez, 44, faces life in prison after murder conviction.

After days of complex testimony delving into the mind of a killer, prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick told jurors that the case against the Gateway Center shooter boiled down to one question alone:

"Did Jason Rodriguez know it was wrong to kill people?"

Less than 3 1/2 hours later, a 12-member jury returned its verdict: Rodriguez was guilty of first-degree murder in the shooting death of 26-year-old Otis Beckford, and five counts of attempted first-degree murder for wounding five other people Nov. 6, 2009.

video at link:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...do-shootings-verdict-20131115,0,7495050.story

Just got home last night and just got to this thread. The McStay discovery had me reading last night and all this morning.

I'm pleased with the guilty verdicts. I believe the prosecution didn't bother presenting an expert on JR's sanity issue because they felt that the defense had given them so many experts to cross-examine and make their case for them.

I'm off to watch the closing arguments and verdict.

LDB did an excellent job; was happy to see her again in the court room doing what she does best! I'm very happy with the verdicts; two verdicts yesterday in two cases, wham bam thank you mam!

The mcstay's ....finding them...has rendered me silent. Am just way too upset and cried all weekend, because even without the formal id's of the boys the sheriff's dept did say; it's them; all four. and that is just too hard to accept or even believe at this point. Wrong thread, but I had always always held out hope that they were out there alive somewhere, and had their reasons. I was wrong; we were all so wrong. :rose:

I sure hope the Supreme Court reviews this and finds no error was made! Thanks for the original heads-up, ATL.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back