Found Deceased FL - Jason Winoker 52, from Tampa, Springhill Suites, Tallahassee, 17 Aug 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if Jason has a history of sleep walking? I couldn't find info in the article that states whether he left on foot. He grabbed his keys but did he take a vehicle?

Google Maps showing Springfield Suites.

The article is a bit... interesting.

”Something could have definitely happened, you know, and I just worried that we won’t see him again or that he is suffering or did suffer or you know I would like to get some answers,” Renee said.

Tallahassee Police, family asking for help in search for Tampa man last seen in capital city

TY for starting Jason's thread, @floridamomma! I'll edit the title to show his missing date as the 17th which is the same as what's on the flyer issued by TPD. The article you linked in the quoted post below quotes his wife as saying he "didn't have keys to a car". This is different than what's in the article linked in the OP. Most likely this is a reporting error. I suppose Jason left walking.

SBBM
Tallahassee Police, family asking for help in search for Tampa man last seen in capital city
woke up groggy and disoriented around 1 a.m., grabbed his wallet and keys, and left their Springfield Suites hotel room without his phone.

“I know that we’re all still hoping that you know, he is found,” said Renee. “This is something that is so life-changing. Like, how will they ever make sense of it? You know? So, I just worry about them.”

‘Your mind runs wild with possibilities’: Pasco Co. father of 4 goes missing after dropping daughter off at FSU | WFLA
SBBM
...drove up to Tallahassee [snip] ...on Aug. 17, [snip] Around 1 the next morning, he woke up.
Winoker says her husband didn’t have keys to a car, he left with his wallet, but there has been no credit card or debit card activity and not a single phone call.

TPD Twitter
18 Aug 2021
Please share to help locate this missing person. If you have information regarding Jason's whereabouts, please call TPD at 850-891-4200.

E9GboqyXoAIo6AX

TY for starting Jason's thread, @floridamomma! I'll edit the title to show his missing date as the 17th which is the same as what's on the flyer issued by TPD.

thank you! I want to stay up to date on this, but I am not feeling great. I'll try to be around, I'm off to see details, as I'm near Tally.

Edit: WHOA! I'm very familiar with this hotel/area. Definitely picking my husband's head later!

I wonder if he was on Ambien or some type of sleeping med that made him walk out in the middle of the night.

That's very possible. His wife states in the video interview at the link that he doesn't have his meds. She does not name the meds or say what type(s).

“I know that we’re all still hoping that you know, he is found,” said Renee. “This is something that is so life-changing. Like, how will they ever make sense of it? You know? So, I just worry about them.”

‘Your mind runs wild with possibilities’: Pasco Co. father of 4 goes missing after dropping daughter off at FSU | WFLA

Why was he irritable? Were they fighting? Was he dreaming or having a flashback perhaps from military service, maybe have PTSD or something similar? Interesting that she mentions that but states she "didn't think much of it" when he left?? You're in a hotel with your spouse, in a strange city, and he bails in the middle of the night but you don't think much of it? Doesn't pass the sniff test.

“He got up, he was definitely very groggy,” said Renee. “He got dressed, grabbed his wallet and left. And I just thought, I didn’t really think that much about it at the time. He was irritable.

Why was he irritable? Were they fighting? Was he dreaming or having a flashback perhaps from military service, maybe have PTSD or something similar? Interesting that she mentions that but states she "didn't think much of it" when he left?? You're in a hotel with your spouse, in a strange city, and he bails in the middle of the night but you don't think much of it? Doesn't pass the sniff test.

“He got up, he was definitely very groggy,” said Renee. “He got dressed, grabbed his wallet and left. And I just thought, I didn’t really think that much about it at the time. He was irritable.

Hmmmm

The hotel should have security cam?
Yes, they should. It's not a bad area, there are MANY businesses around, security footage should not be an issue. I've stayed there before, it's by no means a rough area- it's actually right by Apalachee Pkwy which is a main road, ends at the Capitol Bldg. There are drunks, homeless around but it's not an area he's likely to get shot at for walking around at 1-2am. (I personally wouldn't but I'm a weak old middle aged woman )

Last edited:
I wonder if he was on Ambien or some type of sleeping med that made him walk out in the middle of the night.
I wonder by the wife's lack of concern regarding the aggravated, groggy, confused husband who left a hotel room at 1am! Wasn't there in the morning- called TPD when he wasn't there at end of day? And he's there to drop his girl off for her first year at college?! Am I just too close (geographically) or does this stink farther away?

She didn't think much of it is REALLY weird. Did he get up at 1 and leave regularly? I agree does not pass the sniff test.

I can see the wife not thinking much of him leaving at 1:00 (that’s something I would do from waking up and feeling claustrophobic in a hotel room) maybe he went for a walk.
Strange he didn’t take his phone.
Where does it say what time she reported him missing?

Last edited:
I wonder by the wife's lack of concern regarding the aggravated, groggy, confused husband who left a hotel room at 1am! Wasn't there in the morning- called TPD when he wasn't there at end of day? And he's there to drop his girl off for her first year at college?! Am I just too close (geographically) or does this stink farther away?
From what we know - and that's not much - I don't find her inaction to be concerning. I have a husband who often just takes off for a walk. And it happens often in hotels if he's not sleeping well or feels confined or he's just bored, although boredom usually occurs during the daylight hours.

Maybe it's the same for this couple. She might have thought he was just going to get some air and didn't think twice about it until he didn't return. I can certainly put myself in her position.

That said, four weeks is a long time and the outcome is probably not a good one. I doubt he disappeared voluntarily, unless he was extremely depressed, on a trip to take his daughter to college.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back