Found Deceased FL - Jason Winoker 52, from Tampa, Springhill Suites, Tallahassee, 17 Aug 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Was he even at the hotel that night?
I would think they'd confirm that prior to bringing in such resources as dogs, etc. But yes, I question nearly all things- the only thing I am sure of here, the family came to Tally to leave a daughter here for school, however, dad goes MIA and the mom seems to take notice after he's been gone for 18-/+ hours- possibly missing the very event he came for?

So, so many questions. I respect that LE must remain tight-lipped but it is frustrating for us mere mortals. My heart hurts for these kids.

IMO just based on the story and his frequency of taking walks during the night even at home that he walked away. Having his wallet meant he has all he needs for identification, he maybe had $$ or bank accounts already set up so he doesn't need to use his banking cards and wouldn't want to use them so he can't be tracked.
JMO MOO

Tallahassee Police, family asking for help in search for Tampa man last seen in capital city
snipped
On the night of August 16, Renee Winoker says her husband, Jason, woke up groggy and disoriented around 1 a.m., grabbed his wallet and keys, and left their Springfield Suites hotel room without his phone.

”I’ve been married to my husband for 21 years and it’s not like him to just disappear,” Renee said. “Maybe I thought he went down to the lobby, I don’t think I thought much of it in the moment because it wasn’t that weird for to, you know, go down to the lobby or something.”

Once Jason wasn’t there when she woke up or when they returned to their hotel later that evening, she called the police to report him missing.

”You know, I don’t really know what he was thinking that night so of course my imagination run wild but I’m going to hope that he’s okay,” she continued.
-

The next day, the Tallahassee Police Department reported him as missing and, as of Thursday, say they do not expect foul play to be involved, but his wife and four children are still worried.

”Something could have definitely happened, you know, and I just worried that we won’t see him again or that he is suffering or did suffer or you know I would like to get some answers,” Renee said.
---
---
BBM -these statements are confusing to me - it's the "or" part that I'm having trouble understanding.

I'm guessing they had two rooms rented? Have I missed that information?

That’s a good question, but I don’t think I’ve seen the answer to that. However, it is possible for the family to share one room, as the place is called Springhill Suites, and suite accommodations are larger and I think could fit them all if they wanted to. The sofa in there could be opened and used as a bed.

IMO just based on the story and his frequency of taking walks during the night even at home that he walked away. Having his wallet meant he has all he needs for identification, he maybe had $$ or bank accounts already set up so he doesn't need to use his banking cards and wouldn't want to use them so he can't be tracked.
JMO MOO
But tracking dogs showed no signs that he had left that hotel.

But tracking dogs showed no signs that he had left that hotel.

I don’t know that we can conclude that. The quote regarding the dogs was: .. “but they haven’t been able to pick up on a solid trail.”
‘Your mind runs wild with possibilities’: Pasco Co. father of 4 goes missing after dropping daughter off at FSU | WFLA

IMO Conditions can affect whether or not trained dogs can pick up a good scent such as heat, humidity, how good the dog is at this work. I know in the P Kreycik case recently, the dogs were only able to track him a very short distance, from the car to I think the trailhead even though he did do a full run there (found deceased off trail—very sad). JMO

Tallahassee Police, family asking for help in search for Tampa man last seen in capital city
snipped
On the night of August 16, Renee Winoker says her husband, Jason, woke up groggy and disoriented around 1 a.m., grabbed his wallet and keys, and left their Springfield Suites hotel room without his phone.

”I’ve been married to my husband for 21 years and it’s not like him to just disappear,” Renee said. “Maybe I thought he went down to the lobby, I don’t think I thought much of it in the moment because it wasn’t that weird for to, you know, go down to the lobby or something.”

Once Jason wasn’t there when she woke up or when they returned to their hotel later that evening, she called the police to report him missing.

”You know, I don’t really know what he was thinking that night so of course my imagination run wild but I’m going to hope that he’s okay,” she continued.
-

The next day, the Tallahassee Police Department reported him as missing and, as of Thursday, say they do not expect foul play to be involved, but his wife and four children are still worried.

”Something could have definitely happened, you know, and I just worried that we won’t see him again or that he is suffering or did suffer or you know I would like to get some answers,” Renee said.
---
---
BBM -these statements are confusing to me - it's the "or" part that I'm having trouble understanding.
Oh, I agree! Her statements are intriguing.

Anybody else read the description on the *** donation page?

Google shows two....fwiw...???????????????????????????????

ETA: scratch THAT^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Google shows two but there seems to only be one....SORRY

ETA2: it's working alright lol

Google shows two....fwiw...???????????????????????????????

ETA: scratch THAT^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Google shows two but there seems to only be one....SORRY

ETA2: it's working alright lol
There are other fundraising efforts as well.

ETA:::Ha! I totally fell for it, too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back