FL FL - Jean-Marie Monfort, 25, Naples, 14 November 1997

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ELaudat

Reaction score
I'm from the Uk and am not sure how the legal system works in Florida. I would really like to find out a little more info on this case, for example is there a drivers license for Jean and who reported him missing. If anyone had tips on where I can obtain this kind of information please contact me.

I payed for a background search including a criminal records check, but that leaves me still at a dead end. He appears to have no criminal record, no driving license, no marriage certificates, no previous addresses, and interestingly no birth certificate.

Is it common for there to be no record of a birth certificate? My hunch is that he is not native to Florida.

I found something else that may be of interest. In the property records section on the check, there are three listed. Dos this mean that he owned three properties? If so isn't that a bit unusual of someone so young, and one of the properties is listed as having the sale date of 1986. That would make him like 14 at the time. Maybe my understanding of a property record is way off. idk.

I'm from the Uk and am not sure how the legal system works in Florida. I would really like to find out a little more info on this case, for example is there a drivers license for Jean and who reported him missing. If anyone had tips on where I can obtain this kind of information please contact me.

I payed for a background search including a criminal records check, but that leaves me still at a dead end. He appears to have no criminal record, no driving license, no marriage certificates, no previous addresses, and interestingly no birth certificate.

Is it common for there to be no record of a birth certificate? My hunch is that he is not native to Florida.

I found something else that may be of interest. In the property records section on the check, there are three listed. Dos this mean that he owned three properties? If so isn't that a bit unusual of someone so young, and one of the properties is listed as having the sale date of 1986. That would make him like 14 at the time. Maybe my understanding of a property record is way off. idk.

I am guessing from his name that Mr. Monfort might be from Haiti (Florida has a sizable Haitian population) or another Francophone country.

The Collier County Sheriff's Department website page for him doesn't really have much information either -- http://www2.colliersheriff.org/CaseProfiles/CCSOMissing/CaseProfile.aspx?ID=51&i=0

I am guessing from his name that Mr. Monfort might be from Haiti (Florida has a sizable Haitian population) or another Francophone country.

The Collier County Sheriff's Department website page for him doesn't really have much information either -- http://www2.colliersheriff.org/CaseProfiles/CCSOMissing/CaseProfile.aspx?ID=51&i=0

Yes I came to the same conclusion that he is possibly from Haiti. This could also be why there is very little information on him. When I did the background check there were no known relatives shown which could also explain why he wasn't reported missing for about two weeks after his disappearance and backs up the theory of him being an immigrant. I would be very curious to find out who reported him missing. Would Collier County LE disclose that kind of information?

Why is no-one looking for this man?

I'm not seeing any missing persons flyers.

I'm not seeing any social media appeals.

This case is just so sad. Where are this mans loved ones and friends? It breaks my heart that Jean-Marie Monfort has been seemingly given up on.

There must be more information out there somewhere. Everything about his disappearance is just so vague.

I would certainly say that Case File 478UMFL could be a match, the age and dates are possible. Odd that there is a 4 year difference in is possible year of birth. Surely he has family looking for him that can provide accurate information.

Bear’s Paw in Naples is a Country Club and Shoney’s is a restaurant. If I had to guess, one of those 2 employers must have reported him missing. Maybe a supervisor or coworker?

How long had he been in the US and what were the circumstances of his arrival? That could have played a role in his disappearance. Maybe he returned to Haiti to care for family?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest
Back