FL - Jeannine Campbell for child abuse, Jacksonville, 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Disturbing hidden-camera video of a babysitter slapping an 11-month-old child, throwing things and handling the boy violently shown Thursday evening in Channel 4's report on a 53-year-old woman's arrest has shocked many viewers.Perhaps no one was more shocked than the Jacksonville-area spokesman for the state agency charged with protecting children."Oh my God. Oh my God. She picked up the child and put him in a container," said John Harrell of the Florida Department of Children and Families. "This is terrible. This is inhumane, and its an outrage what happened to this child."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22891652/detail.html#

omg that poor baby!!
and this thing has been a babysitter for how many years? no telling how many others she has abused like this!!!

I know some people are against nanny cams but I am in favor of them.

It was very upsetting to see her smack the baby, knocking him down and seeing how easily he could be very seriously injured. I can't imagine how horrible it was for the father to view!

VB

yup that video is an optical illusion

I didn't watch it. It's that bad, huh? Obviously.

One thing that amazes me when something like this happens is that the parent has a gut instinct. They then go get the hidden camera. Personally I'd think if I felt like that I just would have ditched the lady there and then.

No matter as I don't trust anyone anyway. Thank goodness one of those kids wasn't killed.

It was very upsetting to see her smack the baby, knocking him down and seeing how easily he could be very seriously injured. I can't imagine how horrible it was for the father to view!

VB

My thought exactly, its amazing that child wasnt badly hurt - the force of which she slings him into the playpen is just.. sad. The story said that the father noticed the child had a black eye 2 months ago and thats why they installed the nanny cam. This child suffered months of abuse at the hands of this horrible woman. :(

Ok, This is one of those things I will NEVER understand - the husband of the 'nanny' says he doesnt believe the allegations? Really? Its on video how on earth could he not believe it?!?!?
http://www.news4jax.com/news/22884296/detail.html

I didn't watch it. It's that bad, huh? Obviously.

One thing that amazes me when something like this happens is that the parent has a gut instinct. They then go get the hidden camera. Personally I'd think if I felt like that I just would have ditched the lady there and then.

No matter as I don't trust anyone anyway. Thank goodness one of those kids wasn't killed.

Yeah, thats something I dont understand either - when the child had a black eye he must have thought something was going on because he installed the nanny cam, but Im sure he must have not known anything like that was going on like that. If he has an older brother, I wonder if she ever abused that child as well? Im shocked the older child didnt tell on her.

Apparently shes saying she did it because she was 'angry' at his parents:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/19/1537815/police-baby-sitter-accused-of.html#ixzz0ihhkELIg

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A baby sitter in north Florida who police say was caught on camera swatting, slapping and kicking a boy allegedly told an investigator she did it out of anger at his parents.

Police say that 53-year-old Jeannine Marie Campbell has been charged with battery on a child. She was arrested earlier this week and remains jailed on $75,000 bail. It was not immediately known if she had an attorney.

Authorities say the boy's parents told them they noticed a black eye on one of their two children about eight weeks ago, and Campbell couldn't explain what happened. They installed a hidden camera.

Authorities say the parents reported the abuse after watching the video.

The arrest report says she told an investigator she knew about the video, was mad at the parents and took it out on the child.

Yeah, thats something I dont understand either - when the child had a black eye he must have thought something was going on because he installed the nanny cam, but Im sure he must have not known anything like that was going on like that. If he has an older brother, I wonder if she ever abused that child as well? Im shocked the older child didnt tell on her.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/19/1537815/police-baby-sitter-accused-of.html#ixzz0ihhkELIg

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- A baby sitter in north Florida who police say was caught on camera swatting, slapping and kicking a boy allegedly told an investigator she did it out of anger at his parents.

Police say that 53-year-old Jeannine Marie Campbell has been charged with battery on a child. She was arrested earlier this week and remains jailed on $75,000 bail. It was not immediately known if she had an attorney.

Authorities say the boy's parents told them they noticed a black eye on one of their two children about eight weeks ago, and Campbell couldn't explain what happened. They installed a hidden camera.

The arrest report says she told an investigator she knew about the video, was mad at the parents and took it out on the child.

No doubt she was steaming mad. Crazed wench.

Honestly I've seen people who watch children for a living treat the kids in relation to how they feel about the parents. Nothing in any way like this, but subtle ways.

Someone watching four kids say and one of the mom's always arrives late to pick the child up. Calls and says she needs to grocery shop first. Or dad says he'll be late because he has errands to run. I mean I have seen people out on the steps with the kids at exactly 5:30 like they can not wait to send these kids home. I guess if you're treated as if your time doesn't count and "oh you have to be home anyway" ya may just feel a tad miffed. However taking it out on a child isn't the answer.

Nobody could ever pay me enough to watch children. If I'm going to watch kids they're my family or my dear friends and I'm not getting paid. It's just my opinion of course, but it's a tough job. Maybe this woman felt like they took advantage of her? Again I didn't watch the video. It happens too often. It makes me ill.

Watch she'll get a slap on the wrist and be out watching kids again in no time.

She knew she was being videotaped and did it anyway? What an idiot. I hope they throw away the key.

She deserves everything she gets. Too bad Dad didn't see it all.

If she knew about the camera and did it anyway..she is more deranged than I could ever imagine. Let Dad have his way with her now, settle it between the adults. She is so mad at the parents she took it out on the baby? Yeah, she is a piece of work and deserves the whupping dad has to dish out.

Kelly

My thought exactly, its amazing that child wasnt badly hurt - the force of which she slings him into the playpen is just.. sad. The story said that the father noticed the child had a black eye 2 months ago and thats why they installed the nanny cam. This child suffered months of abuse at the hands of this horrible woman. :(

Ok, This is one of those things I will NEVER understand - the husband of the 'nanny' says he doesnt believe the allegations? Really? Its on video how on earth could he not believe it?!?!?

glaucoma.

love is blind, afterall

Well Jeannine Campbell's hubby don't believe it. Not one bit. He says she used to teach pre-school. In 35 years they've never had an allegation.

Alrightie then.

Well Mr Campbell why don't your open your god damn eyes and actually look at the video then you "might well believe it". Trust me, then you would be "upset". Your wife has physically abused a 11 month old baby FFS. Luckily the little guy is not dead juding by the dispicable way he was treated by your wife. If that were me I would start the divorce proceedings now citing the reason for divorce, Child abuser.

Oh I just HATE this woman-- she prob. has older/grown kids of her own, too;God only knows WHAT she did to them! It is a beautiful spring day here in SC and my windows are open... as I watched this, I involuntarily yelled out, "OH MY GOD!!!", very loudly, at least 5 times! SO loud that my next-door neighbor called to see if anything had happened to me! This video just breaks my heart, as we all know how often this must happen every day somewhere, with no documentation or knowledge by the parents...:furious:

personally im shocked no one has called the police on me for disturbing the peace when i read some of these cases

personally im shocked no one has called the police on me for disturbing the peace when i read some of these cases

They're on their way. A couple of Phillies Phinest. In a helicopter.

Annmarie, chances are very high if this nutter has her own children she never harmed them. She admitted being mad at the parents. Thus she took it out on the children.

Again I didn't see it. However, my mom who was heavy handed with us told me she saw it on the news and could not believe her eyes. She never saw anything so horrendous in her life. I figure it must be that bad. I hope those poor kids are alright.

K, you see the light from the chopper yet?

They're on their way. A couple of Phillies Phinest. In a helicopter.

Annmarie, chances are very high if this nutter has her own children she never harmed them. She admitted being mad at the parents. Thus she took it out on the children.

Again I didn't see it. However, my mom who was heavy handed with us told me she saw it on the news and could not believe her eyes. She never saw anything so horrendous in her life. I figure it must be that bad. I hope those poor kids are alright.

K, you see the light from the chopper yet?

i know you guys in philly cant read a map, so i just told them there out of theyre jurisidction ;)

lol thanks for the laugh

According to Nancy Grace, this evil woman, Jeannine Marie Campbell, has been sentenced to 8 years in prison for her ruthless attack on a tiny baby. The max would have been 15 (is that all?) but she seems to have struck a deal. Apparently she will have to serve 85% of her sentence. I think a person like this, who would batter a defenseless infant, should be in prison for at least 25 years. She will spend less than 7. These kinds of sentences are part of the reason wretches like this do what they do. I wish I had never seen any of this video.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back