Found Deceased FL - Jeneen Ann Catanzaro, 50, Sunrise, 28 Nov 2018 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
47572546_2362811337094524_6552421842152325120_n.jpg

Detectives are asking for your assistance with this case.

Jeneen Catanzaro has been missing for the past 7 days and it is not usual for her to be out of contact for that amount of time. We have limited information at this time but would like the public’s help. If you have seen or heard from her please contact the 954-764-4357 or Crimestoppers at 954-493-8477.

City of Sunrise Police Department

Police Searching For Missing Sunrise Woman

No word in the articles as to why she's been listed as "endangered".

City of Sunrise Police Department | 12/06/2018 8:43pm (EST)

***Flyer Updated to include the following information***
Jeneen Catanzaro was last seen in the community of Riverwalk in the area of New River Circle and Weston Road in the City of Sunrise on Wednesday, November 28th, 2018.

Detectives are asking for your assistance with this case.

Jeneen Catanzaro has been missing for the past 7 days and it is not usual for her to be out of contact for that amount of time. We have limited information at this time but would like the public’s help. If you have seen or heard from her please contact the 954-764-4357 or Crimestoppers at 954-493-8477.

48200264_2364115816964076_5985118046023319552_n.png

Sunrise Police FL on Twitter

Still missing:
Search underway for missing Sunrise woman

'Not the cop-calling type': Florida man accused of killing wife who had gone missing

A South Florida man is accused of fatally stabbing his wife, who had been missing for nearly a month, wrapping her in trash bags and leaving her outside to be picked up by a garbage truck, the Sun-Sentinel reported.

According to court records in Broward County, Joseph Edward Traeger, 50, was arrested Thursday and charged with the murder of Jeneen Ann Catanzaro, 50. Traeger also was charged with giving giving false information to police and tampering with evidence, the newspaper reported.

[...]

When police asked why Traeger waited to call police, he said “I’m not the cop-calling type,” the television station reported, citing an arrest form.

Traeger later admitted to police that he fatally stabbed Catanzaro and used three garbage bags to conceal her body, the Sun-Sentinel reported. He then left her in a trash can on the curb in front of their home in Sunrise, the arrest report said.

Catanzaro’s body was later found several miles away in a landfill in Davie, the newspaper reported.

[...]

upload_2018-12-23_7-14-0.jpeg

New details (much more at link):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/sunrise-woman-killed-three-weeks-after-telling-police-husband-attacked-her/2022913/%3fakmobile=y&akdevice=androidphone&sslEnabled=true&amp

Police records lay out what happened based on his confession and other evidence gathered during the investigation.

Traeger returned that morning to the home, asking Catanzaro to let him move back in.

She refused and, as she tried to call 911, Traeger told police he stabbed her in the base of the skull with a kitchen knife that "went into her neck easily," killing her instantly.

Traeger would confess, police say, to putting her body in a trash bin and waiting for a garbage truck to take her to a dump, where her body would be incinerated.
In his first videotaped interview with police, around 3:30 a.m. on Dec. 7, Traeger presents himself as the concerned, loving husband.

"You can call me anytime you want, I not trying to hide," Traeger said. "I'm just telling you, I mean. Listen I know this whole situation does not look great, I get that. But at the same time if I was responsible for anything, you guys would never have found me and I'm not going anywhere."

Later that day, according to a police report, Traeger's stepfather contacted police from Illinois, telling them he was "100 percent certain" Traeger had killed Catanzaro.

And he added this telling detail: Traeger had spent 10 years in prison in New Mexico for the 1997 rape and attempted murder of his now-ex-wife, after she demanded a divorce.

Mistrial declared because the jury heard Traeger's polygraph results which should have been redacted from an interrogation video, but were not:
A judge declared a mistrial for an accused murderer because jurors heard through video that he failed a polygraph test, contrary to a ruling to omit such evidence from court.

Prosecutors in Broward County, Florida, must start over in showing that Joseph Edward Traeger, 55, killed his estranged wife, Jeneen Ann Catanzaro, 50, according to Miami NBC affiliate WTVJ.

“On the afternoon of November 28, 2023, the State published State’s Exhibit 41, which contained five videos,” the defense wrote in a motion filed Tuesday. “The second segment of the videos on State’s 41 (Disc 8) depicts a conversation between Det. Haggard and Mr. Treager. At the 8:12 mark, Det. Haggard says to Mr. Traeger: ‘then you failed a polygraph.’ This was clearly heard by the jury.”
[...]
Charges against Traeger are murder in the second degree, tampering with physical evidence, and false information to law enforcement during the investigation. A court hearing is scheduled for Jan. 3.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramsie101
Back