FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody on another forum (not sure if I can mention the name so I won't) made a compelling case that the POI may have been in security/law enforcement concluding from technical analysis of the video that POI was wearing what appeared to a bike helmet and had some type of logo on his shirt which appeared to a be a uniform of some sort. Has anybody else here read this? Do you think this theory holds water? I personally thought this was an interesting angle and something that should be given a closer look.
I have seen it here I think. It started out they thought the person was a bike courier or something. The "patch" or logo came from using the contrast and messing around with it, imo. It isn't very convincing to me as I have used that same process and it can manipulate the photo into things which simply aren't there. They appear and disappear when you change the contrast. I don't put much faith into it myself. I could be wrong, but that is my take on it.

There are 2 links on this page to part 1 and part 2 of the Jennifer Kesse press conference.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/mi...-discuss-10-year-anniversary-of-disappearance

Not a lot of info as it is mostly a plea to the public. Some things brought out are: Mrs. Kesse would like to track down the children who lived in Huntington on the Green where her car was found and talk with them about what they saw that day.
Jennifer's car was actually leased and Mr. Kesse it was a mess when picked up (Jennifer evidently had it cluttered up) and when turned back over to him it was spotless. Everything taken out, car thoroughly dusted for prints and vacuumed everywhere. The 2 detectives who have been on the case since 2012 said they took some of the evidence to FDLE to see if new technology can either get more DNA or get a more refined result from what they had already.
The case is technically not cold because both the Kesse's and OPD still get tips. Mr. Kesse stated there are pros and cons to moving it to cold case. As a cold case they would get LE dedicated and experienced in cold cases and cold case units are better funded. OTH, the detectives on the case now are familiar with it and still work it on a weekly basis.
FBI looked at it. Including the car after it was given back to the Kesse'. But they haven't looked at in 5 years.
I think it is a good idea to talk to the children. I wondered early on about talking to the postman. I noted when they did the story with Greta VS., it was around the same time of day as when the car was returned and there was a postal truck sitting in a parking space at HOG. IIRC, it was near the pool, but I could be mistaken. He would have parked in the same spot or near every day. He would have been outside the vehicle and could have seen something on his way to or from the post boxes.

I wonder if perhaps the people who took care of the pool were ever questioned?

I think it is a good idea to talk to the children. I wondered early on about talking to the postman. I noted when they did the story with Greta VS., it was around the same time of day as when the car was returned and there was a postal truck sitting in a parking space at HOG. IIRC, it was near the pool, but I could be mistaken. He would have parked in the same spot or near every day. He would have been outside the vehicle and could have seen something on his way to or from the post boxes.

I didn't think about the postman. If he was sitting the car for 30 seconds, he was probably checking out the area in addition to removing prints in the car. He might have waited till the area was clear.

I still believe he was fairly knowledgeable of that complex. I believe that was a visitor's spot he parked in and, if so, he knew where it was. He knew someone there and had been there in the past? If he was someone who did some of the work at Jennifer's complex, could he have done work at HOG?

If this was a guy that parked her car and he was 5'3" to 5'5" that is much less than the average height of man. If he were 5'9" to about 6' that should have been much more difficult to track down as that would cover a large percentage of the male population. But 5'3" to 5'5"?!!?! That should have narrowed down the list of suspects considerably if LE questioned the company that employed the workers around the complex. And yet 10 years later, nothing. At the very least, you'd think there would have been tips called in pointing LE toward one person or another.

Man, I can't belive its been 10 years... I live a block away from Huntington at the time. Im telling you it makes no sense to me why they would have parked the car at those apartments unless they were local and lived in the ghetto.. So many potential eye balls.. He could have parked it at a fast food joint.. Unless they thought that the car would go longer undetected being parked there.. but that's alot of planing in mere hours. Unless they knew her..

If the dog scent trail is accurate, that is a long walk back to the mosiac. Unless he was picked up. So many parking lots.. Burger king / Mcdonalds/ Publix, the freakin Mall is basically across the street.. makes no sense.. such a tragedy.

Hoping Kesse family gets answers this year. This is just unbearable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only thing that makes any sense to me is that the abductor, poi parked at the Mosaic and when she was abducted and did not want to drive Jennifers's car back there....then, I think, who in their right mind would take a chance being stopped driving a car that belonged to an abducted woman..

I have always thought also that the poi/abductor thought that they had more time before the Kesse's realized Jennifer was missing...

Jennifer is going to be featured in the upcoming season of Disappeared.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1563280/episodes
Season 7 | Episode 5: Girl Interupted
Days after recent graduate Jennifer Kesse goes missing, her car is found abandoned near her home. Police search miles of terrain and interrogate dozens of suspects, yet a decade later her disappearance remains one of Florida's most baffling crimes.

I sincerely hope the Disappeared program can uncover some new evidence in this sad mystery.
IMHO they have the job in front of them.

The comment of the lead detective, ten years ago, is etched in my mind:

'This is as close to a vanishing as I have seen.'

However, there is at least one person who knows what happened. Where are they? Who are they?

The comment of the lead detective, ten years ago, is etched in my mind:

'This is as close to a vanishing as I have seen.'

Not sure I would agree with that.

Off the top of my head I can think of numerous missing persons that don't have any clues or leads whatsoever.

In Jennifer's case, at least we have a POI/suspect caught on camera (albeit poorly).

Would anyone more knowledgeable than i on this case , be interested in doing a facts only recap for us all? As we are at 10 years and still nothing.

Mark.

I agree with you that this guy might very well have been in restaurant garb. For what its worth, while undocumented workers are often employed as construction workers, they are also very often employed as restaurant workers (line cooks, busboys, dishwashers, etc.) It's not inconceivable that two people in each respective work area would be acquainted and working in tandem here.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone came forward and the info was something else that fell through the cracks in this case. My overall opinion of LE on this case doesn't give them high points.

Initially, people were led to believe (at least I was of the notion), the brother and his friends were all cleared and in no way should be suspected for any reason. Rob was cleared due to his location. Her parents were cleared. But as we find out later, one of the friends should have been investigated, imo. When a woman turns up missing after her old boyfriend spends the weekend at her place while she is on a romantic cruise with new boyfriend...the possibilities are open. I still don't have an answer if the phone to be returned was his phone or not. We had been kept in the dark about this man until Mr. Kesse finally mentioned him during an interview. The light bulb flashed overhead at the same time I was picking my jaw off the floor. We have no info on him and can't get it because he is off limits due to his not being named a poi or a suspect. The only reason we can mention him at all is because Mr. Kesse did.

I have the driver pegged as wearing gear similar to the staff at a nearby restaurant. I posted each piece on here at one time. The rolled up cap, the tee shirt, the pants, and even the shoes are consistent with restaurant workers and chefs. I wondered if LE bothered to canvas nearby restaurants to see if anyone had info or to see if someone resembled the HOG man. Probably not.

Am i right in thinking that the video of the poi is not accurate in regarding colours? Ie the clothing (t shirt) is not actually white in reality....?

Am i right in thinking that the video of the poi is not accurate in regarding colours? Ie the clothing (t shirt) is not actually white in reality....?

Yes you are correct, it is a black and white video not possible to determine color

But more so that it is not even light coloured? Just the way the camera shows items (ie could be navy blue t shirt?)

The phones battery removal , is that 100 per cent? As that ob is suspect , and ties the crime to the night before.. Therefore making the wet shower , clothes on bed etc staged , and less likely a illegal unskilled worker?

Mark,

I agree with you...I definitely believe that whatever happened to Jennifer happened on Monday night after she spoke with Rob....How do you think that the person gained entry into her apartment? Did she let them in? Did she forget to set her security alarm? Did they have a key to her apartment? Were they hiding in her apartment(walk in closet perhaps) waiting to attack as soon as she got off the telephone?

If the apartment was "staged" then this would point to someone that had been in Jennifer's apartment and knew her habits well enough to stage it....

Been reading " blink on crime " ,not a website i was familiar with over here in the uk. A very very plausible scenario is put forward.

Reads as ,
jenn goes to meet a work colleague after last call to rob ( blink not 100% the call was from jenn's landline... Therefore explaining the strangely short gap to her mobiles battery removal..) this explains damp shower and clothes laid out , not for work but for a social meet...

Then something goes wrong and she is killed where or near where her phone last pinged ( ruling out a AM abduction) Next day either the killer or someone else paid to drop off the car unknowing of the reason behind it. Person is then 4 hours late arriving at work..

Blink mentions jenn's pepper spray and key holder turning up ages later , thats a puzzler.

Mark,

Jennifer's pepper spray and key fob was found in Windmere, approximately 10 miles from her condo....The owner of Westgate was building a house in Windmere on a lake and several acres surrounding the house....not saying that he had anything to do with it as I do not know, however, I am sure that the "coworker" was aware that this owner was building this house....could he have taken Jennifer to this property during the night or early in the morning BEFORE he reported for work four hours late??? Were dogs ever used on this property?

Some say there is no such thing as "coincidence", the older I get and the more that I read about missing persons the less I believe in coincidences.

Blink on Crime, is absolutely positive that Jennifer knew her abductor...I think so to...

Marable ,

When was it found timeline wise?

Whats your opinion on the car poi? The killer?

There is mention of her co-worker going with another member of staff for a random drive to another office for no reason , i cant figure what that could mean , if anything?

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member