FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this was their first trip (if I'm wrong please correct me). From an interview with Rob Allen, Jennifer's boyfriend, "[Responding to the interviewer's question if he had noticed anything peculiar the day Jennifer went missing] Nothing out of the ordinary. I've known Jennifer for about the last 12 months, and we talked periodically throughout the day every day, every night before she goes to bed, every morning before, when she wakes up. We`d recently just come back from a vacation, and we talked throughout the day on Monday, and then Monday evening, she called me `round about 10:00 o`clock. She was in bed. She was tired from the vacation that we had just recently taken, had a long day at work. We talked briefly. No problem at all. We both said we missed each other and we were looking forward to the next time we were going to spend with each other. ALLEN: Well, normally, like I've said, Jennifer and I had gotten into the routine -- Jennifer always woke up before me. She had to go to work before I did. So she every day would either call me just to say, Good morning, Have a great day, or just text me to wish me to, you know, have a great day, Love you, that type of thing. And when I didn't receive it Tuesday morning, I thought it was odd, but I was running a little late for work, so I called her on the way into work and just (INAUDIBLE) her voice- mail. I called her both..." -CNN Nancy Grace Transcript from February 7, 2000.

*This should be checked for accuracy: So he was the last one to see her alive? Also, I have heard in other interviews with Rob that despite having been together for nearly a year, Jennifer did not tell him that she loved him. Also, I believe an ex of her was house-sitting her condo that weekend she was gone - he was staying there with her brother Logan and another friend.

Was Rob's house, her brother Logan's place, or the homes of the friends of Logan (who had stayed the weekend at Jennifer's condo) ever searched or sprayed with Luminol?

Did Jennifer and Rob take long weekend vacations often or was this their first trip?

In the color picture the perp has a solid black high necked pullover of some sort. In the b/w the area is just slightly darker than his face. On that picture alone wouldn't be able to call it an undershirt, but in the color picture the solid black is a very strong contrast with his lavendar (?) shirt and circles around his neck.

No, the only thing they said, and they probably regret giving any information out, just causes annoyances while they wait for someone to drop a dime, but the only thing said was "we noticed our own uniforms were showing up light, but hey don't worry about the clothes". I'm pretty sure that was the extent of their curiosity.

I've said all along that the clothese could be light, there's no way of knowing without testing which the police would not accommodate by divulging the camera make and settings in place. That would be too much like work to let other people do their work for them.

You would think that if I/R was washing out the clothes that white would be whither than white, but consider the following:
- The 24 hour surveillance cameras were outdoors which would require I/R for night vision
- Lower cost models were known either to not have the light sensitive I/R shutter for daytime or for it to break easily and not be reliable
- The police uniforms showing up light takes all guesswork out of it; the cameras were recording with I/R sensors during the day
- Examples if I/R washed out images I've seen on the web (very few) of greenery has the same look as these POI images. The tops of the hedges and the palm tree fronds have this washed out, lightened look.
- An example of a color camera with I/R during light alongside a normal picture showed that white wasn't white, it was a very light greenish tint to it. Clothes like a sweater that had white patterns were less white patterns with I/R in color. I don't know how a b/w/gray camera would render.
- People are conditioned to see a white t-shirt in the POI images because of the hidden arms, however no arms can be seen and I have said previously that's it's unable to be determined if it's a short sleeved shirt. However after taking a look at the video of the POI getting out of the car, his horizontal arm with white sleeve can clearly be seen. I believe he is putting a backpack on.
- I believe there to be a law enforcement shoulder patchseen as blurry and hovering in image 1 and the shape of a police badge in image 3. We have a sample security shirt (short sleeved) posted here not long ago with that kind of shoulder patch. It's light gray. White shirts with shoulder patches are possible but not a t-shirt.
- People have talked about white uniforms from the beginning but this shirt and pants are different shades of darkness, not both same shade of white. The pants are darker.
- I'm looking at a couple of pictures of Miami bike patrol officers right now. (They're real people, the faces would need to be obscured pretty well to put them on public display.) White short sleeved shirts with prominent shoulder patches (roundish and stripes though, charcoal blue pants, bike helmet like I've pointed out, the neck strap goes riht around the back of the neck just like I've pointed out the ring on the back of the neck but have rarely seen a strap go around like like that.

It could be a white shirt, but it'd be like the Miami bike patrol shirt in my opinion.
It's so frustrating. We have pictures; we have video--but it seems we can't confirm the slightest thing from them. :banghead:

Yes, I would expect that only the people closest to her would know this. And, you know, I never made the connection to the point you are making here. How very, very interesting, indeed.

You are always respectful of Jennifer, Marky. I'd love to hear your theories.

By "torch" do you mean a flashlight with batteries used to light the darkness? Or more like a welding torch with a real flame used for cutting metal or something? (Sorry I'm so dumb sometimes).

If you are meaning a flashlight with batteries--yes, I have heard mention of it. I have a very poor quality picture of it sitting on Jenn's kitchen counter, but I have never heard much discussion on it.

I'm not sure why but I always believed it may have belonged to Jenn's parents--I'm sure when the picture was taken they were staying in her condo at that time. I've never heard it was part of the re-enactment, but I could really be wrong there.

Now that I'm thinking about it and just as a theory that is definitely a little bit odd--but would it be possible that someone cut Jenn's electricity off in her condo somehow and she got her flashlight out to check what the problem was, maybe even going out into the hallway or at least opening her door to see if the hall lights were on?

Not saying I believe that happened or anything--just spinning my theory wheels to see where it might go, I guess.

View attachment 133827 http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/jjkimages/media/bWVkaWFJZDozMjg5MzE3/?ref=1

I've never heard mention of any other kind of torch, though.

Thanks Truth.

My 3 theories are :

Worker being late the morning she went missing (if correct) and scrapping his car soon after.

Ex being in a pub nearby, drunk the night of the abduction ( note , is it correct he moved from where jen previously lived to “follow” her to Orlando?)

Lastly , the workers. The painter who was arrested for statutory rape , and when asked re jen , mentioned she told him to lock up her place after doing work there, even tho her dad was on the phone with her at the time , and said it was untrue?

These are my 3 theories.

Sorry by torch i mean flashlight , uk/usa eh?:-) good theory tho , especially if a electrician was part of the workers group...?

BBM - You reminded me that the whole complex was under construction at the time and there is a picture of one condo building under major construction. It is not Jennifer's--Jennifer's appears in the background, I believe.

But the parking area appears to have been all dug up and it is just generally one big mess.

What I'm getting at, though, is could the area construction be the source of the mud underneath Jenn's vehicle? For example, when they are digging up old pavement and trucking it out or even hauling it elsewhere in the complex for temporary holding until they need to refill--the mud gets all over the truck tires and is tracked everywhere. I've seen it get bad enough that the mud will coat a paved road and be really messy. They usually have to wash the streets after.

Just food for thought, hoping it makes sense. Click on the picture for enlargement, or if you click on the link you will see that it is titled "Feb. 2006 construction behind Mosaic". I think Jennifer's condo is actually the one in the center, background. I'm not positive, but I think it would be her assigned parking space side.

A special thanks to the owner of the account for keeping it open for public viewing:

View attachment 133828 http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/popmac/media/bWVkaWFJZDoxMTIyMjQzOA==/?ref=1

Not a nice thought but , could jen be buried on site ? Looks like the ideal opportunity to do this and not be discovered?

I believe this was their first trip (if I'm wrong please correct me). From an interview with Rob Allen, Jennifer's boyfriend, "[Responding to the interviewer's question if he had noticed anything peculiar the day Jennifer went missing] Nothing out of the ordinary. I've known Jennifer for about the last 12 months, and we talked periodically throughout the day every day, every night before she goes to bed, every morning before, when she wakes up. We`d recently just come back from a vacation, and we talked throughout the day on Monday, and then Monday evening, she called me `round about 10:00 o`clock. She was in bed. She was tired from the vacation that we had just recently taken, had a long day at work. We talked briefly. No problem at all. We both said we missed each other and we were looking forward to the next time we were going to spend with each other. ALLEN: Well, normally, like I've said, Jennifer and I had gotten into the routine -- Jennifer always woke up before me. She had to go to work before I did. So she every day would either call me just to say, Good morning, Have a great day, or just text me to wish me to, you know, have a great day, Love you, that type of thing. And when I didn't receive it Tuesday morning, I thought it was odd, but I was running a little late for work, so I called her on the way into work and just (INAUDIBLE) her voice- mail. I called her both..." -CNN Nancy Grace Transcript from February 7, 2000.

*This should be checked for accuracy: So he was the last one to see her alive? Also, I have heard in other interviews with Rob that despite having been together for nearly a year, Jennifer did not tell him that she loved him. Also, I believe an ex of her was house-sitting her condo that weekend she was gone - he was staying there with her brother Logan and another friend.

Was Rob's house, her brother Logan's place, or the homes of the friends of Logan (who had stayed the weekend at Jennifer's condo) ever searched or sprayed with Luminol?

Jennifer drove to work on Monday morning. She spent all day at work.

This statement from Rob I commented on at the time. For some reason (well, the reason is well known) the morning interaction between the two became a "Jennifer calls him on the way to work, but she was abducted when getting in the car to go to work" narrative.

I commented from beginning that there was no call or text from Jennifer when she got up as every other morning per Rob's comment above. I was puzzled when "every morning before, when she wakes up" became "she calls when driving to work".
I'm not saying she doesn't, I am saying there was clearly a history of some interacton on phone earlier after she got up for work that wasn't there Tuesday morning.

You would think that if the perp was a maintenance or construction worker at the condo he would have hit more places.

Also I wonder if anyone ever commented on seeing people go through the broken fence. Just wondering if this was a common route to cut across to the mall & other businesses across the street.

The fact that we've never heard if the dog hit anywhere else is something I had not thought about before. It would seem the dog would hit in more places.

Years ago a well known DJ, Debbie Dicus, who was with a local radio station here, was murdered while tending to her plot in a community garden. Police suspected the killer went in on foot and left that way. After the dog was given a chance to sniff the murder weapon, a garden hoe, the dog turned around and went straight to one of the onlookers on the scene. LE saw blood splatter on his shirt and arrested him. It is covered in an episode of "Forensic Files" called "Garden of Evil".

I believe this was their first trip (if I'm wrong please correct me).
I believe I have heard this in passing, too. It would be nice to have confirmation, though.

From an interview with Rob Allen, Jennifer's boyfriend, "[Responding to the interviewer's question if he had noticed anything peculiar the day Jennifer went missing] Nothing out of the ordinary. I've known Jennifer for about the last 12 months, and we talked periodically throughout the day every day, every night before she goes to bed, every morning before, when she wakes up. We`d recently just come back from a vacation, and we talked throughout the day on Monday, and then Monday evening, she called me `round about 10:00 o`clock. She was in bed. She was tired from the vacation that we had just recently taken, had a long day at work. We talked briefly. No problem at all. We both said we missed each other and we were looking forward to the next time we were going to spend with each other. ALLEN: Well, normally, like I've said, Jennifer and I had gotten into the routine -- Jennifer always woke up before me. She had to go to work before I did. So she every day would either call me just to say, Good morning, Have a great day, or just text me to wish me to, you know, have a great day, Love you, that type of thing. And when I didn't receive it Tuesday morning, I thought it was odd, but I was running a little late for work, so I called her on the way into work and just (INAUDIBLE) her voice- mail. I called her both..." -CNN Nancy Grace Transcript from February 7, 2000.

BBM - Which do you think should be checked for accuracy--the CNN Transcript of the Nancy Grace show, or the statements of her guests?

There are a couple of your statements that--in my humble opinion--should be checked for accuracy:

You said: #1
So, he was the last one to see her alive?
This is classically incorrect. I believe you have been provided with links on back pages of this thread pointing you to who was the last person to see Jennifer alive.

You said: #2
Also, I have heard in other interviews with Rob that despite having been together for nearly a year, Jennifer did not tell him that she loved him.
I can provide a link for Mrs. Kesse saying that Jennifer believed Rob was "the one" for her. Can you provide a link supporting what you are saying here?

You said: #3
Also, I believe an ex of her was house-sitting her condo that weekend she was gone - he was staying there with her brother Logan and another friend.
BBM - Again, this is absolutely incorrect. There are plenty of links available on this topic. I do not understand what or where you are reading that makes you believe this.

Logan was still living with his parents--Jennifer's parents.

If I remember correctly, you have mentioned in past comments on this thread that you have law enforcement experience or were a former park ranger--maybe both? So, I'm thinking you would know that LE needs a search warrant to start spraying luminol in a private residence. And to get a search warrant they need to show a judge probable cause--do you agree? Maybe I'm wrong.

I'll provide a short transcript with a link to the video I transcribed it from regarding Rob--which you will probably choose to ignore, but I hope I'm wrong.

@ about 31:26 minutes in:
Orlando Homicide Detective, Joel Wright: And since her door was locked and there were no signs of forced entry a good deduction would be that she did make it, at least, out the door.

Host: The next day, detectives interviewed family members and Rob.

Rob: They started asking me, you know, if had an argument with her or if you had disagreements; or if you had done something to her. I mean, it was kind of nerve-racking.

Host: But nothing raised suspicions. Rob’s alibi checked out. He was at work two and a half hours away in Fort Lauderdale that day and his cell phone was pinging down there.

Orlando Homicide Detective, Joel Wright: I would consider Rob not a suspect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8zk_Kfq8FI

Actually, I have another one handy that I'll add. This one is Mr. Kesse addressing the issue: (And in addition to everything else mentioned in these links, LE had Rob witness an opening of the trunk to gauge his reaction).

@ about 5:26 minutes in:
Female Host: Police had already interviewed person’s of interest, including Jennifer’s boyfriend, Rob, who had an airtight alibi. He was more than two hundred miles away in Fort Lauderdale at the time of her disappearance.

Male Host: Police have said between his phone records and the fact that he was in south Florida—we don’t believe that he was involved.

Female Host: Nor does Jennifer’s family.

Host: Rob has been very cooperative.

Mr. Kesse: Beyond cooperative.

Host: He has given DNA not once, but twice.

Mr. Kesse: Correct. Rob has been put over the coals. Rob has been polygraphed three or four times. Rob has been interviewed probably a dozen times. And the people that we want interviewed and polygraphed even a second time don’t even make it back to the list.

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/03/21/cold-case-jennifer-kesse-disappears-steps-from-orlando-home/

I ask you--how much more could they have put Rob through? At what point do they start pushing the legal limits of the law? At what point do they accept that they need to move on?

Rob is an intelligent man and he didn't even lawyer up. He chose to fully and freely co-operate.

Thanks Truth.

My 3 theories are :

Worker being late the morning she went missing (if correct) and scrapping his car soon after.

Ex being in a pub nearby, drunk the night of the abduction ( note , is it correct he moved from where jen previously lived to “follow” her to Orlando?)

Lastly , the workers. The painter who was arrested for statutory rape , and when asked re jen , mentioned she told him to lock up her place after doing work there, even tho her dad was on the phone with her at the time , and said it was untrue?

These are my 3 theories.

Sorry by torch i mean flashlight , uk/usa eh?:-) good theory tho , especially if a electrician was part of the workers group...?
I'm with you in that I believe that whoever abducted Jennifer, must belong to one of those three groups: 1) someone she worked with; 2) someone she personally knew well; 3) someone who was employed in the apartment to condo conversion of the complex. I would add as a 4th)--a stalker that she did not know about.

Trying to think outside the box in my somewhat limited way, I guess; I have begun to contemplate that maybe the person or persons responsible belongs in one of those four groups, but has not even come onto the radar in the whole twelve years since Jennifer's abduction.

Not a nice thought but , could jen be buried on site ? Looks like the ideal opportunity to do this and not be discovered?
I've read where people say it's not really possible. It would be hard to dig a hole and keep it private--at night you would need some kind of light which might be visible for some distance making yourself quite a target of interest. And in the daylight--there would probably have been a lot of people around. Surely, one person would care enough to step forward if they had witnessed anything like that? I dunno.

Also, apparently cement wouldn't be poured thick enough to sufficiently cover.

One more thing--LE had cadaver dogs sniffing around the complex. (Bo was a tracking hound--beyond excellent at what he does but not for hitting on human remains).

But, here is a little snipped quote from a MSM article (link still works, yay). It's Mr. Kesse on this topic:

Snipped quote: "It is absolutely possible that a construction worker abducted her and Jennifer is in one of those buildings -- buried in the ground and has not been found yet," Kesse said. "They were building condos behind hers at the time and they were pouring concrete the day after she was taken."
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/jennifer-kesse-missing_n_2536613

Jennifer drove to work on Monday morning. She spent all day at work.

This statement from Rob I commented on at the time. For some reason (well, the reason is well known) the morning interaction between the two became a "Jennifer calls him on the way to work, but she was abducted when getting in the car to go to work" narrative.

I commented from beginning that there was no call or text from Jennifer when she got up as every other morning per Rob's comment above. I was puzzled when "every morning before, when she wakes up" became "she calls when driving to work".
I'm not saying she doesn't, I am saying there was clearly a history of some interacton on phone earlier after she got up for work that wasn't there Tuesday morning.
Ahhh, I've been waiting for the topic of conversation to turn back to this. I have a couple of links which may be of interest to you, and I have a question.

Here are the links. I know they are not what you are hoping for, but they are clear, still work and two that indicate the same thing--which is a rarity in this case. :)

First link:
Snipped quote: J. KESSE: Well, Jen typically left for work between 7:30 and 8 in the morning and it was her habit to call Rob when she got in her car. So, as she got in her car and was driving to work is when she would make that good morning call and, as we know, Rob never received that call.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1103/17/ng.03.html

Second link:
At about 9:45 minutes in:
They immediately contact her boyfriend, Rob. He is in a meeting, but still takes the call. He tells them he hasn’t heard from Jennifer either.

Rob: “Jen would always call me or text me on her way to work. On that morning, I never got the text message or I never received a phone call. I called her and texted on my way to work cause I hadn’t heard from her which I thought was kind of strange, but then I know both of us had just got back from vacation so I just assumed that she had a busy schedule like I did.”

Jennifer’s mom: “And Rob said, ‘Wait, I’ve already called her home—her cell phone went right to voice mail …”

https://youtu.be/hWTa1dlgOIY

Now, it's the very last line of the 2nd quote that gives me the idea to ask the following. I have heard that it would take at least 8 hours without a ping from a cell phone before a call would go directly to voice mail. Would you have any idea if this is correct? I have spent a fair amount of time Googling for the answer but can't find the magic words to bring up anything that might be related and able to confirm what I'm interested in.

Another reason I wanted to bring this to your attention is because if we go ahead eight hours from 10:40 pm, that brings us to 6:40 am.

If this is accurate, do you see it as any kind of backup support for the phones indicating their final event pings at 10:40 pm and Jennifer simply never having been in her condo on the morning of the 24th?

Ahhh, I've been waiting for the topic of conversation to turn back to this. I have a couple of links which may be of interest to you, and I have a question.

Here are the links. I know they are not what you are hoping for, but they are clear, still work and two that indicate the same thing--which is a rarity in this case. :)

First link:
Snipped quote: J. KESSE: Well, Jen typically left for work between 7:30 and 8 in the morning and it was her habit to call Rob when she got in her car. So, as she got in her car and was driving to work is when she would make that good morning call and, as we know, Rob never received that call.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1103/17/ng.03.html

Second link:
At about 9:45 minutes in:
They immediately contact her boyfriend, Rob. He is in a meeting, but still takes the call. He tells them he hasn’t heard from Jennifer either.

Rob: “Jen would always call me or text me on her way to work. On that morning, I never got the text message or I never received a phone call. I called her and texted on my way to work cause I hadn’t heard from her which I thought was kind of strange, but then I know both of us had just got back from vacation so I just assumed that she had a busy schedule like I did.”

Jennifer’s mom: “And Rob said, ‘Wait, I’ve already called her home—her cell phone went right to voice mail …”

https://youtu.be/hWTa1dlgOIY

Now, it's the very last line of the 2nd quote that gives me the idea to ask the following. I have heard that it would take at least 8 hours without a ping from a cell phone before a call would go directly to voice mail. Would you have any idea if this is correct? I have spent a fair amount of time Googling for the answer but can't find the magic words to bring up anything that might be related and able to confirm what I'm interested in.

Another reason I wanted to bring this to your attention is because if we go ahead eight hours from 10:40 pm, that brings us to 6:40 am.

If this is accurate, do you see it as any kind of backup support for the phones indicating their final event pings at 10:40 pm and Jennifer simply never having been in her condo on the morning of the 24th?

Thanks for the info, Truth. Certainly the narrative was about Jennifer calling on her way to work, and that narrative set by the above quotes. But "before, when she wakes up" is also part of the narrative. If Rob clarifies to say that he usually never heard from Jennifer until after Jennifer was driving to work I will withdraw "when she wakes up" as a critical missing event Tuesday morning.

But my feel is that "when she wakes up" is based on a good morning text from Jennifer sometime after waking up while getting ready for work that didn't happen Tuesday morning.

The 8 hours comes from a policy per carrier on location ping, that is, with no other activity the phone will ping after this many hours to update location (that is, location of controlling tower).

Prior to that periodic ping, the carrier has only last contact information available. It would try to forward calls and texts to that tower. A call or text not received would put it into offline status. But with no activity it would take a missed scheduled location update to put it into offline status. Offline status is when calls go directlly to voice mail.

This is all based on my research and because it theoretically can vary greatly by carrier there are no hard and fast rules given. But 8 hours was given as an example of a periodic location update lacking any other activity, activity which would include movement and the resulting pings with towers even though there are no calls or texts involved.

By the way regarding research, there was no one or two sources of clear information to link to on this, as you found re: magic words. This is gleaned from dozens of searches over years on answers here or there on related questions or narrowly scoped articles. And it's all buried in an avalanche of stuff about tracking people.

I would also say this info is basically not relevant after smartphone apps because any app communication such as email checking is communications the same as a call or text in terms of establishing online. The info would be relevant to say what I had in 2006, a Motorola Razr, with nothing checking for updates, of which maybe a really barebones smartphone with no services enabled theoretically could behave similarly. Probably been a few years since a modern smartphone could be kept incommunicado.

So yes, Truth, the statement you quoted is true to my understanding and yes, there should have been at least a location update since 10:40 until going out to go to work between 7:30 and 8:00. And yes, that is yet one more critical missing event that says Jennifer was not leaving for work as normal on Tuesday morning.

Excellent insight as always, Truth.

Thanks Truth & Rd , good , interesting reading as always!

Difficult to quote properly on iPad, but here goes..

*Mr. Kesse: Correct. Rob has been put over the coals. Rob has been polygraphed three or four times. Rob has been interviewed probably a dozen times. And the people that we want interviewed and polygraphed even a second time don’t even make it back to the list.
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/03/...-orlando-home/*

^ Do we know who Mr kesse wanted looked at again ??

*So yes, Truth, the statement you quoted is true to my understanding and yes, there should have been at least a location update since 10:40 until going out to go to work between 7:30 and 8:00. And yes, that is yet one more critical missing event that says Jennifer was not leaving for work as normal on Tuesday morning.*

^So basically , overnight the phone/phones should have made some sort of automatic “touching base” ? Even whilst sitting unused ?

Thanks , mark.

Thanks Truth & Rd , good , interesting reading as always!

Difficult to quote properly on iPad, but here goes..

*Mr. Kesse: Correct. Rob has been put over the coals. Rob has been polygraphed three or four times. Rob has been interviewed probably a dozen times. And the people that we want interviewed and polygraphed even a second time don’t even make it back to the list.
https://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/03/...-orlando-home/*

^ Do we know who Mr kesse wanted looked at again ??

Thanks , mark.
Comment respectfully snipped by me to address only this portion.

BBM. I would venture a guess that one is the painter who was arrested in 2008 for statutory rape.

He passed a polygraph, but Mr. Kesse said he knows for a fact the guy was lying at least about the fact that Jennifer simply told him to lock the door when he and the others were done and then she left to go back to her job.

Apparently he has a buddy, too.

I think I linked this recently so I won't add the link again (unless someone asks for it)--but in one of the video documentaries there is one reporter who said she thinks he and his buddy know something about Jenn's disappearance.

Jennifer showed good instincts, too, in making safe calls and standing in her open doorway when she was in their presence.

Comment respectfully snipped by me to address only this portion.

BBM. I would venture a guess that one is the painter who was arrested in 2008 for statutory rape.

He passed a polygraph, but Mr. Kesse said he knows for a fact the guy was lying at least about the fact that Jennifer simply told him to lock the door when he and the others were done and then she left to go back to her job.

Apparently he has a buddy, too.

I think I linked this recently so I won't add the link again (unless someone asks for it)--but in one of the video documentaries there is one reporter who said she thinks he and his buddy know something about Jenn's disappearance.

Jennifer showed good instincts, too, in making safe calls and standing in her open doorway when she was in their presence.

This could be significant?

I was asking about the trip to St Croix because in my gut I feel that she knew who abducted her. I also think that if she had someone that was interested in her, the trip may have been what pushed him over the edge. If the phone ping is any indication of Jenn is trouble, which I think it is, it happened very soon after she got off the phone with Rob. The perp could have known that she called him every night. I think they may have waited until they had a large block of time where she wouldn't be missed. If you think about it right after she gets off the phone with Rob would be the first large block of time they had after she returned from the trip.

Was there ever any mention of her wall cell phone charger? I know there was a car charger in the car.

Also the makeup may be a clue. Did she get ready that night to go out? Did she get ready for work? Was it staged? I doubt she left it there all weekend when her brother and his friend where there. I go between staging and she got ready that night.

I was asking about the trip to St Croix because in my gut I feel that she knew who abducted her. I also think that if she had someone that was interested in her, the trip may have been what pushed him over the edge. If the phone ping is any indication of Jenn is trouble, which I think it is, it happened very soon after she got off the phone with Rob. The perp could have known that she called him every night. I think they may have waited until they had a large block of time where she wouldn't be missed. If you think about it right after she gets off the phone with Rob would be the first large block of time they had after she returned from the trip.
BBM - I've thought about this, too. I agree with you and will suggest that it could point toward careful planning being put into Jennifer's abduction.

Was there ever any mention of her wall cell phone charger? I know there was a car charger in the car.
Oh, yes, there has been plenty of speculation about her wall cell phone charger--but no-one knows for sure where it was on the night of the 23rd. We don't know if she brought it with her on her trip; if it stayed packed in her luggage; or how she handled that. About all we know is that Mr. and Mrs. Kesse have said that Jennifer had a cell phone since she was approximately 14-years-old; and they say that in all that time, not once can they remember calling Jenn and having her cell phone go directly to voice mail. I think about that--that means all through her teenage years and all through her university years, she never once was negligent in her responsibility to keeping that cell phone charged.

Also the makeup may be a clue. Did she get ready that night to go out? Did she get ready for work? Was it staged? I doubt she left it there all weekend when her brother and his friend where there. I go between staging and she got ready that night.
Another way that I look at the make-up business is this: Jennifer moved away from home when she was about 18-years-old to go to university. So, it had been quite a few years since she lived with her parents--thus, with maybe the exception of her girlfriend who she lived with before buying her condo in November of 2005--who could say if her make-up was set out to be used soon or not? This doesn't make any more sense to me than the damp shower and damp towel tossed over the washer in another area with the door closed. Sadly, I don't think it's reliable evidence of anything.

Now, her contacts were apparently missing, but her glasses were present. Okay, maybe that could be used as evidence that she got ready to go out at some point; if we assume she took them out once she got home. It is quite likely that she did have them out at some point on the evening of the 23rd as she told Rob she was ready for bed.

The night clothes on the bathroom floor; the work outfits laid out on the hastily and/or sloppily made or unmade bed--was it real; was it staging; or are we being led down the garden path away from an evening abduction?

I have come to some conclusions on this case.

It won't be solved due to LE be slow out of the blocks at the very beginning. Having said that there is a slim possibility of a death bed confession.
On this very site there are cold cases going back decades.

No crime scene.
No witnesses.
No physical evidence.

All we can do is guess what transpired.
LE has released nothing new in many years.

LE is most likely correct in that Jennifer was abducted at or near her car. That part was over in seconds.
In all likelihood carried out by one or two workers.

To quote what I have seen before in similar cases: 'They liked what they saw and they took what they liked.'
What happened next doesn't bare thinking about.

LE has interviewed (many times) all the people we would like to talk to.
No doubt the polygraph has been used numerous times.
A host of detectives has examined the case files and they finish up at square one. Nowhere.

As for the POI: Whoever this person is it is most likely a worker from Mosaic. How many of them vanished after the abduction?
There are times when I considered LE had talked to the perpetrator(s).
But how does that happen if they are nowhere to be found?

This is a truly sad case. The pure evil that carried this out has affected many lives and none for the better.

Oh, yes, there has been plenty of speculation about her wall cell phone charger--but no-one knows for sure where it was on the night of the 23rd. We don't know if she brought it with her on her trip; if it stayed packed in her luggage; or how she handled that. About all we know is that Mr. and Mrs. Kesse have said that Jennifer had a cell phone since she was approximately 14-years-old; and they say that in all that time, not once can they remember calling Jenn and having her cell phone go directly to voice mail. I think about that--that means all through her teenage years and all through her university years, she never once was negligent in her responsibility to keeping that cell phone charged.

Another way that I look at the make-up business is this: Jennifer moved away from home when she was about 18-years-old to go to university. So, it had been quite a few years since she lived with her parents--thus, with maybe the exception of her girlfriend who she lived with before buying her condo in November of 2005--who could say if her make-up was set out to be used soon or not? This doesn't make any more sense to me than the damp shower and damp towel tossed over the washer in another area with the door closed. Sadly, I don't think it's reliable evidence of anything.

Now, her contacts were apparently missing, but her glasses were present. Okay, maybe that could be used as evidence that she got ready to go out at some point; if we assume she took them out once she got home. It is quite likely that she did have them out at some point on the evening of the 23rd as she told Rob she was ready for bed.

The night clothes on the bathroom floor; the work outfits laid out on the hastily and/or sloppily made or unmade bed--was it real; was it staging; or are we being led down the garden path away from an evening abduction?

Sorry, tried to cancel my nonsensical post, but can't figure out who to do it!

I have come to some conclusions on this case.

It won't be solved due to LE be slow out of the blocks at the very beginning. Having said that there is a slim possibility of a death bed confession.
On this very site there are cold cases going back decades.

No crime scene.
No witnesses.
No physical evidence.

All we can do is guess what transpired.
LE has released nothing new in many years.

LE is most likely correct in that Jennifer was abducted at or near her car. That part was over in seconds.
In all likelihood carried out by one or two workers.

To quote what I have seen before in similar cases: 'They liked what they saw and they took what they liked.'
What happened next doesn't bare thinking about.

LE has interviewed (many times) all the people we would like to talk to.
No doubt the polygraph has been used numerous times.
A host of detectives has examined the case files and they finish up at square one. Nowhere.

As for the POI: Whoever this person is it is most likely a worker from Mosaic. How many of them vanished after the abduction?
There are times when I considered LE had talked to the perpetrator(s).
But how does that happen if they are nowhere to be found?

This is a truly sad case. The pure evil that carried this out has affected many lives and none for the better.

There is zero, absolutely zero, to support the contention that Jennifer was abducted by workers at the Mosaic.

There is plenty that supports Jennifer was abducted shortly after her 10 pm phone call, and no basis for an entry that bypasses a deadbolt and possibly even a practice of bracing a chair against the door.

One would have to ignore all that we do know, and ignore there is no indication that Jennifer was up and about Tuesday morning, and ignore the indications of the POI images, to contend that Jennifer was abducted by a Mosaic worker.

I understand that all the people that have much more at stake in this than any of us and the official accounts contend this, but the suspension of facts is also apparent.

One should have some basis for a contention other than a suspension of everything that is known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member