FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
is his boss Ben ?

is it definite that they both were sitting outside in a van (not a pickup?) and had a interaction (or lack of) with Logan that day ?

Also, can anyone confirm that that both Chino and Ben worked on jenns apartment the week before she vanished?

i have read that jenn/ family thought workers were deliberately taking there time and not completing tasks with a view to keep returning? Drew had suggested Jenn get a Tupperware container and request paint from them to finish touch ups herself for example.

I don't recall reading about what sort of things were having to be done in Jenns condo other than some painting , do you know what was needing to be done? I suppose that it is possible that the workers were dragging the tasks out ....

I would think if Chino/Ben were the POI that Bo the Bloodhound would have been sniffing all over the Mosaic compound wherever Chino/Ben had been instead of stopping at the stairs in Jennifers building or her parking spot?

You are right a body weighing around 135 lbs that Jennifer was reported to weigh plus the weight of the carpet would have taken more than one person to roll up and move I would think ...Also , I may have missed it but the person who saw the rolled up rug dumped in Lake Fisher in Gotha , did they mention anything about the rolled up carpet being loaded on a boat to get it out toward the middle of the lake instead of at the edge ? It seems like if it was dumped at the edge that there would not have been any doubt whether a body had been deposited there due to the smell and animal activity (sorry for being gross) ....Drew insists that cadaver dogs that they used hit on that lake so perhaps there is a body in there ??

No, the articles that I have read do not say anything about a boat. It says a man in a pickup truck drove up and dumped a piece of 6-8 ft carpet into the lake. It implies he did it from the side but doesn’t come right out and say it. I agree with you. I would think that if a body was in this carpet and the carpet was close to the edge there wouldn’t have been any doubt. I would also think that the carpet would still be close to where it was dumped due to its size and weight. Once the carpet is submerged into water it’s going to be that much heavier due to water absorption. I also think it would be highly risky to dump a body from the edge of the water. Wouldn’t you want it out in the middle therefore needing a boat? If using a boat, you’d need one large enough so it doesn’t flip when you dump the body (think what almost happened to Scott Peterson). I’ve looked at google earth from 2006 and today. I don’t see any boat ramps. It looks like you could only get small boats or canoes into this lake. There are ways to get boats into lakes without a ramp, but it’s a lot of trouble and takes more than one person.

I did notice there is a Christian Camp and Retreat Center on this lake. It’s called Camp Ithiel. It looks like there would be a lot of activity in and around the lake due to this camp. Here’s a link: Camp Ithiel - Camp and Retreat Center, Gotha, FL (Orlando)

There has also been a lot of construction on this lake since the time she disappeared. I’ll post google overheads of 2006 vs now. It looks like in 2006 they were just putting in the roads. They’re interested in the south side of the lake according to this article.
Jennifer Kesse disappearance: New tip leads to search at Orange County lake

I did just get through looking at some of the old real estate listings from the houses on this lake. There are some photos that put into perspective how small this lake actually is.

It also wouldn’t surprise me that if people were dumping trash on the edge of this lake that it could have been cleaned up already by either the camp or the contractors before they sold these houses. They’re nice & expensive homes.

As far as the cadaver dogs go. I’ve read articles that say they can hit on old Native American remains so it could be something like that. This lake also gets run off from other areas according to this article. I find that interesting.
[URL="https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/watchdog/2020/06/10/gothas-lake-fischer-is-causing-problems-for-homeowners"]Gotha’s Lake Fischer is Causing Problems for Homeowners[/URL]

Attachments

• 55ACBCEA-A3D2-48FE-A00C-9EEB5D654283.jpeg
    55ACBCEA-A3D2-48FE-A00C-9EEB5D654283.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 18
  • F9C75A03-9297-45A1-ADDE-53AE3F293233.jpeg
    F9C75A03-9297-45A1-ADDE-53AE3F293233.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 17
I don't recall reading about what sort of things were having to be done in Jenns condo other than some painting , do you know what was needing to be done? I suppose that it is possible that the workers were dragging the tasks out ....

I would think if Chino/Ben were the POI that Bo the Bloodhound would have been sniffing all over the Mosaic compound wherever Chino/Ben had been instead of stopping at the stairs in Jennifers building or her parking spot?
Bo went to the bushes directly under her balcony. Opd thinks that he was actually following Jenn’s scent. I actually don’t think the poi walked back to the mosaic after reading their report.

Sorry for being lacking knowledge (or just being dense) on this point. Can a dog follow scent at that distance without the person walking en route?

Why would Jen's scent only be up to the stairs that makes no sense to me.

Now I forget, did they bring dogs into the building?

The bushes beneath her balcony: what would that mean what scenario does anyone have if that has meaning?

Last edited:
If Chino and/or the workers had anything to do with this the crime would seem to be a combination of planned and stupid and and clueless. I am inclined to doubt it happened that way unless it was just an impulsive crime and they got very very lucky.

It would be so easy to kidnap Jen somewhere else away from her building. And then to just sit in a vehicle beside her parking space would that be wise? I mean they could have just rolled down the window and said no haven't seen her would that make them innocent in the brother's eyes?

The lake to me is a false trail and I am very surprised LE would follow it up given the difficulties with the idea logistically recently and previously expressed here. This is just conjecture now: were LE at this point trying to placate the Kesse's, were they willing to appear to be doing something? I just wonder if they ever had ideas about the case they cannot prove but that the Kesses rejected?

Last edited:
I havent looked on this thread for about a year, but I recall this video was published on December 1 2020,, that the video mentioned there was forensic evidence in the car. (briefly mentioned here FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #4 and here FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #12) It was a partial fingerprint (maybe on the steering wheel, I can't recall), however it was unable to be identified due to not enough information, but with the advancement of DNA technology maybe someday it will be. I think if that happens, the case will be close to being solved, at least we'll know who parked her car

Sorry for being lacking knowledge (or just being dense) on this point. Can a dog follow scent at that distance without the person walking en route?

The bushes beneath her balcony: what would that mean what scenario does anyone have if that has meaning?

According to the cop handling the dog, Bo did have the capability to follow her scent back to her condo without Jennifer having to actually walk the path. Direct quote from police file, “Deputy Brown stated that just because his dog tracked to Jennifer’s condo doesn’t mean that she walked back there it just means the dog picked up her scent and tracked it back to her condo.”

My theory is the dog went to the bushes under her balcony because that’s where her scent was the strongest. Think about where she would have spent the most time at the mosaic complex besides inside her apartment. I would think that would be her balcony.

Attachments

• ADBAF3CE-C899-4847-9B63-F820BABF033F.jpeg
    ADBAF3CE-C899-4847-9B63-F820BABF033F.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 6EAABD96-07F9-45DE-BEC2-40CC31F01FC7.jpeg
    6EAABD96-07F9-45DE-BEC2-40CC31F01FC7.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
If Chino and/or the workers had anything to do with this the crime would seem to be a combination of planned and stupid and and clueless. I am inclined to doubt it happened that way unless it was just an impulsive crime and they got very very lucky.

It would be so easy to kidnap Jen somewhere else away from her building. And then to just sit in a vehicle beside her parking space would that be wise? I mean they could have just rolled down the window and said no haven't seen her would that make them innocent in the brother's eyes?

The lake to me is a false trail and I am very surprised LE would follow it up given the difficulties with the idea logistically recently and previously expressed here. This is just conjecture now: were LE at this point trying to placate the Kesse's, were they willing to appear to be doing something? I just wonder if they ever had ideas about the case they cannot prove but that the Kesses rejected?

It would be very impulsive for a worker to attack her in the morning in broad daylight when they were on the clock.

I do think that it’s possible that le was trying to placate them with the lake search. If they thought the tip credible, I would think they would have done more years ago. I wonder the same things about le’s ideas and theories about the case. They have to remain tight lipped.

I have always thought that possibly the POI had put a bicycle behind the bushes or stood there for awhile watching for Jennifer ....

You would think that the dog would have picked upon Jennifers scent since she used the stairs there ...

It was a partial fingerprint (maybe on the steering wheel, I can't recall), however it was unable to be identified due to not enough information, but with the advancement of DNA technology maybe someday it will be. I think if that happens, the case will be close to being solved, at least we'll know who parked her car
Respectfully snipped by me.

Snipped quote:
Investigators also uncovered a previously unseen fingerprint belonging to the victim, ...
Jennifer Kesse’s family hopes recently released photos will lead to new tips in her disappearance

Complete quote from Q& A:
Q. Did LE check Jennifer’s car for fingerprints or anything else from the person who dropped her car off? And if so, was anything discovered?
A. Jennifer’s car was processed as a crime scene. The person within the car who dropped it off did a good job of wiping down the inside of her car. There was one latent print found in her entire car. Years later it was identified as Jennifer’s. There was also a minuscule piece of trace DNA on a piece of fabric (we are not in possession of this evidence by law). To our knowledge nothing has been done with that to date. We have asked for it to be processed which has fallen on deaf ears. In the not too distant future we will be sharing some additional vehicle photos.

February 10, 2020 by Drew Kesse, Organizer
Clearing Up Confusion, Part 1

So it looks like the latent print is not going to be helpful. Possibly the trace DNA on the piece of fabric, however, I wouldn't be surprised if the same sort of thing happens. The DNA will end up being Jenn's or that of a family member who helped clean her car just before she went on vacation. Something like that.

I sure hope I'm wrong, though.

Respectfully snipped by me.

Snipped quote:
Investigators also uncovered a previously unseen fingerprint belonging to the victim, ...
Jennifer Kesse’s family hopes recently released photos will lead to new tips in her disappearance

Complete quote from Q& A:
Q. Did LE check Jennifer’s car for fingerprints or anything else from the person who dropped her car off? And if so, was anything discovered?
A. Jennifer’s car was processed as a crime scene. The person within the car who dropped it off did a good job of wiping down the inside of her car. There was one latent print found in her entire car. Years later it was identified as Jennifer’s. There was also a minuscule piece of trace DNA on a piece of fabric (we are not in possession of this evidence by law). To our knowledge nothing has been done with that to date. We have asked for it to be processed which has fallen on deaf ears. In the not too distant future we will be sharing some additional vehicle photos.

February 10, 2020 by Drew Kesse, Organizer
Clearing Up Confusion, Part 1

So it looks like the latent print is not going to be helpful. Possibly the trace DNA on the piece of fabric, however, I wouldn't be surprised if the same sort of thing happens. The DNA will end up being Jenn's or that of a family member who helped clean her car just before she went on vacation. Something like that.

I sure hope I'm wrong, though.

It’s strange to me that the poi would take the time to wipe down the DVD player and rebuckle it in the back seat just like Rob left it. Perhaps I’m overthinking things, but I wonder why he would do that. It seems like if he thought it had prints on it he would just remove it from her car.

Also I wonder how they were able to identify Jennifer’s prints. I don’t think she had been arrested.

It’s strange to me that the poi would take the time to wipe down the DVD player and rebuckle it in the back seat just like Rob left it. Perhaps I’m overthinking things, but I wonder why he would do that. It seems like if he thought it had prints on it he would just remove it from her car.

Also I wonder how they were able to identify Jennifer’s prints. I don’t think she had been arrested.
We don't know for a certainty that the POI wiped down the DVD player and re-buckled it in the back seat. Personally, I doubt that. If he didn't touch it; if he never even set foot or hand in the backseat of Jennifer's vehicle, why would he have to wipe anything down back there?

Interestingly enough, I've never heard how they were able to confirm the print was Jennifer's. It wouldn't surprise me if the whole Kesse family had their prints taken years ago for just such a contingency.

And no, no, no. I've never come across a single thing that indicated Jennifer had ever been in trouble with the law. I know Jenn's father said they checked the jails when she first went missing, but I believe that was to narrow down the possibilities of where she could be.

BBM... A lot of parents had their children fingerprinted when they were babies in case of a kidnapping. Both of my children were printed-that included fingerprints and footprints.

Also, some employers fingerprint their employees-especially those who work with children. I am not aware of Jen working any childcare jobs, but she may have done some of that type of work in college?

We don't know for a certainty that the POI wiped down the DVD player and re-buckled it in the back seat. Personally, I doubt that. If he didn't touch it; if he never even set foot or hand in the backseat of Jennifer's vehicle, why would he have to wipe anything down back there?

Interestingly enough, I've never heard how they were able to confirm the print was Jennifer's. It wouldn't surprise me if the whole Kesse family had their prints taken years ago for just such a contingency.

And no, no, no. I've never come across a single thing that indicated Jennifer had ever been in trouble with the law. I know Jenn's father said they checked the jails when she first went missing, but I believe that was to narrow down the possibilities of where she could be.
I agree 100% with you. It doesn’t seem like the poi touched it since it was found the way Rob left it. Would Rob’s prints be on the DVD player and the seat belt if it wasn’t wiped down by the poi?

Last edited:
I agree 100% with you. It doesn’t seem like the poi touched it since it was found the way Rob left it. Would Rob’s prints be on the DVD player and the seat belt if it wasn’t wiped down by the poi?
It would make sense that they should have been. However, we have never heard from law enforcement that they weren't. The one years later confirmed to be Jennifer's was mentioned early on as an unidentified partial. It took them some time to confirm it belonged to her.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to non approved, random website>

We are locked within the three sets of suspects in the larger sense 1. old boyfriend (the simplest) 2. construction workers 3. workmate.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are locked within the three sets of suspects in the larger sense 1. old boyfriend (the simplest) 2. construction workers 3. workmate.

Wasn’t the boyfriend cleared? Do you mean someone before him?

“Jennifer Kesse and her boyfriend, who lived several hours away in south Florida and was cleared early on by authorities, would call each other on the drive to work each morning.”
Family of Florida woman missing for 15-years say they are 'close' to solving the case | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member