FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you think her car was at 11:30 when the condo manager checked?

With the another vehicle theory, her car would have needed to be moved at least twice.
The car was moved along with the other vehicle to whatever location . Then it was moved to the apartment as per the video

But, why would the abductor take the car if Jennifer wasn't in it? If she was the target, it wouldn't make any sense to take the car if that was the case. I have always felt the abduction occurred in the morning of the 24th. I believe she got to her car to go to work when MORE THAN 1 ABDUCTOR ambushed her, forced her in her car and left the parking lot with her inside. The observed swerving may very well have been the abductors, including the driver struggling with her. I can see her kicking and fighting from the onset. One of the abductors could have knocked her unconscious to stop her from resisting. That would explain no swerving, etc. as they proceeded to where they took her. I have always felt that whatever they did to her was completed before the car was returned to where it was found. MOO.
The car was moved to throw off the investigation. The apartment complex was notified by Jennifer’s parents who called concerned that they could not get in touch with her and asked the maintenance people at the apartment complex to go and take a look at her apartment to see if she was there….Now if the maintenance people were actually the ones responsible for her disappearance don’t you think that they would move her car to make her parents believe as though she had taken off somewhere prior to them arriving as they knew her parents were heading there to find out what was going on?

The car was moved to throw off the investigation. The apartment complex was notified by Jennifer’s parents who called concerned that they could not get in touch with her and asked the maintenance people at the apartment complex to go and take a look at her apartment to see if she was there….Now if the maintenance people were actually the ones responsible for her disappearance don’t you think that they would move her car to make her parents believe as though she had taken off somewhere prior to them arriving as they knew her parents were heading there to find out what was going on?
Actually the apartment manager not the maintenance staff checked her condo for the Kesse’s. His name was Brian. Drew gave this info on the House of Broken Dreams podcast #1. Brian first checked the parking lot for her car. Then he had to wait on another manager to enter her condo for the wellness check.

Per her parents, one of the things Jennifer did was to call someone on her cell while on her way to and from her car. I believe she did this at night in particular when she out somewhere. But walking to her car in the morning? I wonder if she felt safe walking to her car in the daylight? LE would have had her cell phone history so she apparently didn't do that in the morning. Or was she attacked almost immediately after she left her condo? Abductors would have to have known her car and where it was parked. Since I don't remember if there was anything - purse, shoe, etc. - found near her parking space or between her condo and car it is difficult to determine where it occurred.

I still wish OPD had got on this from the beginning. Maybe round up some of the workers. That complex was not fully leased so I would hope LE would have checked the other residents and their whereabouts that morning. IOW, who was absent or very late for work. (Given OPD's work though I don't assume that they even tried.) I've come to believe there wasn't one person involved. Someone to pick up anything she might drop - keys, purse, etc. - at the abduction site while someone else controlled her? The fact that she hasn't been found means they had some knowledge of the area and that apartment complex. Even if only one person is involved, I find it hard to believe at least one of the workers didn't see SOMETHING. Of course, now over 15 years later, the person(s) may no longer be in FL or even in the US. If that is the case, how do you motivate such a person to come forward?

It's sad that this case doesn't get the publicity any more.

Per her parents, one of the things Jennifer did was to call someone on her cell while on her way to and from her car. I believe she did this at night in particular when she out somewhere. But walking to her car in the morning? I wonder if she felt safe walking to her car in the daylight? LE would have had her cell phone history so she apparently didn't do that in the morning. Or was she attacked almost immediately after she left her condo? Abductors would have to have known her car and where it was parked. Since I don't remember if there was anything - purse, shoe, etc. - found near her parking space or between her condo and car it is difficult to determine where it occurred.

I still wish OPD had got on this from the beginning. Maybe round up some of the workers. That complex was not fully leased so I would hope LE would have checked the other residents and their whereabouts that morning. IOW, who was absent or very late for work. (Given OPD's work though I don't assume that they even tried.) I've come to believe there wasn't one person involved. Someone to pick up anything she might drop - keys, purse, etc. - at the abduction site while someone else controlled her? The fact that she hasn't been found means they had some knowledge of the area and that apartment complex. Even if only one person is involved, I find it hard to believe at least one of the workers didn't see SOMETHING. Of course, now over 15 years later, the person(s) may no longer be in FL or even in the US. If that is the case, how do you motivate such a person to come forward?

It's sad that this case doesn't get the publicity any more.
I hope that le did their own analysis of Jennifer’s cell phone history and her habits. I would think they did since there was so much confusion about when she would contact Rob in the morning. He originally said when she woke up. I’m not sure if they said she always made the safe calls or when exactly she made them, but that would also be good to know. Did she always make a call walking to and from that condo? That question has never been answered publicily that I’m aware of. Lindsay, one of her sorority sisters, was open to the idea of her going out Monday night on Unconcluded. To me that was very telling. I was in the same sorority, different university, as her, and I know my sorority sisters would know me well at that age. The police were also open to her going out Monday night.

Nothing of hers was found on the ground. We don’t even know what purse she was using. Her parents found the one pictured on their website years ago in her overnight bag. We don’t know if the briefcase is missing. The Kesse’s may know now if the police have it since they got the files. I really wish they’d clarify that. They made some comments before getting the files that the opd may have the briefcase because it could have been in the trunk.

I’ve thought about the layout of her building. If she was grabbed in the hallway by the front door, there wouldn’t be that many options for the attacker to take her. There were only 14 units on her side. There were only 5 on her floor. So unless he fought her up or down a flight of steps, there’s only her condo plus 4 more options. The condo that was unlocked across the hall was searched by Logan and Travis on Tuesday afternoon. They had contractors on unconcluded that stated they didn’t think she was inside the walls of her building because it wasn’t being constructed, just remodeled. Plus if she was inside the walls it would stink. The contractor stated that if she was buried under a foundation, it would be a multi person operation. I’m not sure if Jennifer was even around the construction workers that were working on the back side of the complex. Most of the attention has been on the maintenance workers that worked for Mosaic, and there were only 7. Drew has stated that they were able to speak to them.

If she was attacked in the parking lot, she didn’t drop or lose any clothing unless someone went behind the attacker and picked it up. I doubt the attacker stopped what he was doing to clean up. If she was attacked in the parking lot and put into another vehicle someone would have still had to move her car at least twice. We have no evidence of a violent struggle inside her car either making it unlikely that she was put in there.

There has been a few comments that have led me to believe that at least 2 people were involved. Shannon Butler has stated that she was told by the police department that more than one person was involved. So if we have a multi person operation, no one has talked. If anyone missed work on Tuesday, it hasn’t been reported to the public. I would think that if the perp was on the clock, that his absence would have been noticed. My husband is high up in a construction company. They would definitely noticed if one or more of their workers were missing and didn’t perform their assigned task. His workers also like to talk/gossip about each other. They get mad at each other. They remind me of a bunch of high school kids to be honest, and would have told on each other.

The Kesse’s just made an update on their . They said they can’t do anymore with the files so I guess their investigation is over. They want another police department besides opd to take over. I’m not even sure if that possible or they would find a willing agency if it was. The fbi has already looked at the case and gave it back very quickly. I hope I’m wrong. I really think this case needs a fresh set of professional eyes.

I‘ll always think she went out Monday evening and this crime happened away from Mosaic. A lot of sketchy things were going on there, but I really think they’re all distractions in this case. I haven’t saw any definite proof she was alive Tuesday morning.

I hope that le did their own analysis of Jennifer’s cell phone history and her habits. I would think they did since there was so much confusion about when she would contact Rob in the morning. He originally said when she woke up. I’m not sure if they said she always made the safe calls or when exactly she made them, but that would also be good to know. Did she always make a call walking to and from that condo? That question has never been answered publicily that I’m aware of. Lindsay, one of her sorority sisters, was open to the idea of her going out Monday night on Unconcluded. To me that was very telling. I was in the same sorority, different university, as her, and I know my sorority sisters would know me well at that age. The police were also open to her going out Monday night.

Nothing of hers was found on the ground. We don’t even know what purse she was using. Her parents found the one pictured on their website years ago in her overnight bag. We don’t know if the briefcase is missing. The Kesse’s may know now if the police have it since they got the files. I really wish they’d clarify that. They made some comments before getting the files that the opd may have the briefcase because it could have been in the trunk.

I’ve thought about the layout of her building. If she was grabbed in the hallway by the front door, there wouldn’t be that many options for the attacker to take her. There were only 14 units on her side. There were only 5 on her floor. So unless he fought her up or down a flight of steps, there’s only her condo plus 4 more options. The condo that was unlocked across the hall was searched by Logan and Travis on Tuesday afternoon. They had contractors on unconcluded that stated they didn’t think she was inside the walls of her building because it wasn’t being constructed, just remodeled. Plus if she was inside the walls it would stink. The contractor stated that if she was buried under a foundation, it would be a multi person operation. I’m not sure if Jennifer was even around the construction workers that were working on the back side of the complex. Most of the attention has been on the maintenance workers that worked for Mosaic, and there were only 7. Drew has stated that they were able to speak to them.

If she was attacked in the parking lot, she didn’t drop or lose any clothing unless someone went behind the attacker and picked it up. I doubt the attacker stopped what he was doing to clean up. If she was attacked in the parking lot and put into another vehicle someone would have still had to move her car at least twice. We have no evidence of a violent struggle inside her car either making it unlikely that she was put in there.

There has been a few comments that have led me to believe that at least 2 people were involved. Shannon Butler has stated that she was told by the police department that more than one person was involved. So if we have a multi person operation, no one has talked. If anyone missed work on Tuesday, it hasn’t been reported to the public. I would think that if the perp was on the clock, that his absence would have been noticed. My husband is high up in a construction company. They would definitely noticed if one or more of their workers were missing and didn’t perform their assigned task. His workers also like to talk/gossip about each other. They get mad at each other. They remind me of a bunch of high school kids to be honest, and would have told on each other.

The Kesse’s just made an update on their . They said they can’t do anymore with the files so I guess their investigation is over. They want another police department besides opd to take over. I’m not even sure if that possible or they would find a willing agency if it was. The fbi has already looked at the case and gave it back very quickly. I hope I’m wrong. I really think this case needs a fresh set of professional eyes.

I‘ll always think she went out Monday evening and this crime happened away from Mosaic. A lot of sketchy things were going on there, but I really think they’re all distractions in this case. I haven’t saw any definite proof she was alive Tuesday morning.
All good points. I'm leaning more toward a morning abduction. I believe her mother stated their were signs of the shower having been used that morning. Plus, if she were abducted on Monday evening it would almost have to be in the lot. I wonder if any witnesses that normally would leave before her stated they saw her car in the lot that morning. (However, I doubt I would have taken notice of anyone's vehicle in the morning unless I knew them well.) While I lean toward the morning abduction, I can't rule out the evening abduction either and I don't believe LE is really certain of when. I think of another apartment parking lot abduction and that is the 1995 abduction of Jodi Huisentruit. In that case at least one of her shoes plus her keys were left behind. Some neighbors have claimed to have heard a scream. In Jennifer's case nothing is left in the lot and I've never heard any resident state they heard a scream. Sometime in mid-morning, Drew asks the complex manager to check to see if her car was still there so if any thing was dropped it appears likely to have been picked up before then. With an evening abduction, she likely wouldn't have been carrying much other than her phone and a wallet so there wouldn't be much to pick up after. But that still leaves the disappearance of the 2nd cell phone.

There was speculation that she was going to FedEx the cell phone left at her place by her brother's friend from her office that morning and it was likely in her briefcase. I've read that briefcase and both her cell phone and the other have never been found. I don't know why LE could not have tracked her phone. Three years later, Brittanee Drexel is abducted and LE was able to track her phone several miles south of the abduction point. Of course, maybe her cell phone was either turned off, destroyed or she was not taken outside the coverage of the cell tower closest to her condo. I would imagine the 2nd cell would have been out of charge unless she charged it and I don't know why she would. So it likely can't be tracked at all. I've heard little mention of the briefcase and I wasn't aware her purse was found.

Whatever LE did with her cell phone history and analysis, the Kesse's have it now and it doesn't appear to have been a help. One item I don't hear much from is from other residents in the complex that supposedly knew her. There are comments on SM from others in the complex, but I don't recall much from any to have claimed to know her.

Here is a fairly recent article.

I did note that OPD did not want to comment. I don't know why FDLE doesn't pick up the case.

All good points. I'm leaning more toward a morning abduction. I believe her mother stated their were signs of the shower having been used that morning. Plus, if she were abducted on Monday evening it would almost have to be in the lot. I wonder if any witnesses that normally would leave before her stated they saw her car in the lot that morning. (However, I doubt I would have taken notice of anyone's vehicle in the morning unless I knew them well.) While I lean toward the morning abduction, I can't rule out the evening abduction either and I don't believe LE is really certain of when. I think of another apartment parking lot abduction and that is the 1995 abduction of Jodi Huisentruit. In that case at least one of her shoes plus her keys were left behind. Some neighbors have claimed to have heard a scream. In Jennifer's case nothing is left in the lot and I've never heard any resident state they heard a scream. Sometime in mid-morning, Drew asks the complex manager to check to see if her car was still there so if any thing was dropped it appears likely to have been picked up before then. With an evening abduction, she likely wouldn't have been carrying much other than her phone and a wallet so there wouldn't be much to pick up after. But that still leaves the disappearance of the 2nd cell phone.

There was speculation that she was going to FedEx the cell phone left at her place by her brother's friend from her office that morning and it was likely in her briefcase. I've read that briefcase and both her cell phone and the other have never been found. I don't know why LE could not have tracked her phone. Three years later, Brittanee Drexel is abducted and LE was able to track her phone several miles south of the abduction point. Of course, maybe her cell phone was either turned off, destroyed or she was not taken outside the coverage of the cell tower closest to her condo. I would imagine the 2nd cell would have been out of charge unless she charged it and I don't know why she would. So it likely can't be tracked at all. I've heard little mention of the briefcase and I wasn't aware her purse was found.

Whatever LE did with her cell phone history and analysis, the Kesse's have it now and it doesn't appear to have been a help. One item I don't hear much from is from other residents in the complex that supposedly knew her. There are comments on SM from others in the complex, but I don't recall much from any to have claimed to know her.
The shower only had water behind the bottles according to Joyce on unconcluded, and Drew has said there were a lot of bottles in the shower. I’ve tested showers in central Florida on a mild day with like temps, and it’s possible the water was from the night before. The police came to the same conclusion. One of the factors that affects evaporation is air movement. Unless she kept her thermostat set really low, the air conditioner wouldn’t have kicked on that often. I’ll attach temp charts from those days.

I think one of the reasons we don’t hear from other people that lived there and knew her is because she only lived there for 2 months. She moved in Thanksgiving weekend. When you think about it, she wasn’t at the Mosaic all that often. She had work and spent nearly every other weekend at Rob’s in Ft Lauderdale. She had some girlfriends stay with her on NYE. Also she probably had some holiday festivities to attend. She also went on the vacation. I think Jennifer just had a lot going on with her own social life and probably didn’t have much time to devote to the neighbors.

Attachments

• 9DFC9B02-E37F-44CF-A735-F6F27B421FD6.jpeg
    9DFC9B02-E37F-44CF-A735-F6F27B421FD6.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 3
  • C7A74F9C-6CF2-46A3-9843-A15134FC05FF.jpeg
    C7A74F9C-6CF2-46A3-9843-A15134FC05FF.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 3

According to the FBI website, missing items are as follows:
Missing items: (1) verizon cell phone (sn - 039-02071456), (1) nextel cell phone (sn
00080850757310), Kesse's Florida driver's license, ipod (sn - cnh5323g6j), Kesse's keys, and purse.

Why isn't the briefcase mentioned? Was it located in Jennifer's vehicle or apartment?

According to the FBI website, missing items are as follows:
Missing items: (1) verizon cell phone (sn - 039-02071456), (1) nextel cell phone (sn
00080850757310), Kesse's Florida driver's license, ipod (sn - cnh5323g6j), Kesse's keys, and purse.

Why isn't the briefcase mentioned? Was it located in Jennifer's vehicle or apartment?
I read a comment made by a person who was on one of the searches for Jennifer (can't remember where I read it , on here I believe) ...The searchers were given a list of items to look for as they searched and the briefcase was not on the list ...I guess it could have been accidentally left off the list OR the briefcase is not missing ....

It is definitely interesting that the FBI didn’t put the briefcase on her poster. Is it an oversight or is it confirmation that the OPD has it? If It was a oversight, it could be easily corrected, and that poster has been like that for as long as I can remember.

Do we even know what this briefcase looks like? I don’t recall a description of it.

Its my theory that she left the briefcase in her car Monday evening. I base this on that we know she brought her overnight bag and her dad’s rum souvenir inside. Therefore her hands must have been full on that trip. We know the DVD player wasn’t brought inside so that tells me she probably didn’t make another trip to the car. We know that she talked a lot on the phone that Monday evening so it doesn’t seem like she had any work to do at home. We know Carrie, her roommate up until November, stated that she would sometimes leave it in the car, and Jennifer didn’t really do work when she got home. Carrie also said that Jennifer would not have had Tupperware in her briefcase that she would need to bring inside since she had came from Rob’s. We also know that Jennifer’s kitchen was clean so I don’t think she packed a lunch for Tuesday. Carrie‘s thoughts are from unconcluded #19. I got the feeling that Carrie thought she left it in her car Monday evening.

Some people say the missing briefcase points to Tuesday morning, but I disagree. We don’t even know if it is missing, and even if it is missing, we have no way of knowing if Jennifer was carrying it when she was taken. It could have been in the car when she was abducted and just taken by the perp(s).

Re the briefcase...not being listed as missing doesn't mean not accounted for. We know that certain evidence is crucial if only for proof when other circumstances come together...in the future. As unduly long and detrimental as that lag seems, it can often solidify a conviction.

The car is the key for me in this case. Why return it at all, and risk it? Either someone was trying to buy time before she was considered missing, or sheer laziness because the perp/s needed to return close to the Mosaic. A random abduction/murder doesn't go through the machinations of returning the car; in 2006 you can bet on at least a few cctv cameras en route. Whoever parked the car either has no idea a serious crime was committed or knows he/she will be gone before any recording comes to light. Based on the car being wiped clean (that we know of) and he/she STILL being ok to walk back...and possibly thought just a robbery, no victim.

The car is the key for me in this case. Why return it at all, and risk it? Either someone was trying to buy time before she was considered missing, or sheer laziness because the perp/s needed to return close to the Mosaic. A random abduction/murder doesn't go through the machinations of returning the car; in 2006 you can bet on at least a few cctv cameras en route. Whoever parked the car either has no idea a serious crime was committed or knows he/she will be gone before any recording comes to light. Based on the car being wiped clean (that we know of) and he/she STILL being ok to walk back...and possibly thought just a robbery, no victim.

Were any auto detailers interviewed to see if someone dropped off the car and instructed that it be returned to the nearby apartment?

Very good news! the Jennifer Kesse investigation has been turned over to the FDLE.

ORLANDO, Fla. — The investigation into the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse more than 16 years ago has been turned over to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Kesse’s family said FDLE’s cold case unit will take over and essentially restart the investigation into the Orlando woman’s 2006 disappearance from the beginning.

Investigators will interview people Kesse’s law enforcement team has already identified as possible suspects or people who may have valuable information. But because they are retired, they don’t have the power to make an arrest.

It also means retesting evidence the Kesses say has not ever been retested. The family said they are excited about what now might be possible under FDLE.

Very good news! the Jennifer Kesse investigation has been turned over to the FDLE.

ORLANDO, Fla. — The investigation into the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse more than 16 years ago has been turned over to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Kesse’s family said FDLE’s cold case unit will take over and essentially restart the investigation into the Orlando woman’s 2006 disappearance from the beginning.

Investigators will interview people Kesse’s law enforcement team has already identified as possible suspects or people who may have valuable information. But because they are retired, they don’t have the power to make an arrest.

It also means retesting evidence the Kesses say has not ever been retested. The family said they are excited about what now might be possible under FDLE.
This sentence is concerning. What will happen if they solve it? “But because they are retired, they don’t have the power to make an arrest.”

This sentence is concerning. What will happen if they solve it? “But because they are retired, they don’t have the power to make an arrest.”
That same sentence also stood out for me (in a puzzling way). I settled on interpreting the "retired" people who don't have the power to make an arrest as being members of Mr. "Kesse's law enforcement team". (Notice that the italicized is a direct quote. I'm not making it up).

I'm pretty sure the FDLE has the power to arrest. Surely?

Prayers that they find Jennifer and the evidence to make an arrest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC