FL FL - Jennifer Odom, 12, Blanton, 19 Feb 1993

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...m's-murder-still-tops-on-investigators'-minds

Here we are 18 years after the kidnapping/murder of Jennifer Odom...

IMO There has to be a reason why her story is still in the public's eye.
Unfortunately, there are hundreds of children that met this horrific fate over the years.

Why is it Jennifer's case demands answers? Could it be WHO killed her?

Did you read the comments after the article. I'm just wondering how he knows the killer left Florida at 6 in the morning. Is this the same man that claims he saw Jen in the truck with a man?

Yes, same guy in the last video a few months back. I also read in that article they received a tip just last week. I am glad they are still getting information, you never know where it will lead.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...m's-murder-still-tops-on-investigators'-minds

Unfortunately, there are hundreds of children that met this horrific fate over the years.

Beatrice,

Thanks for the link, I couldn't find it. I know there is a news video too, but I have been sick with the flu and strep so not up much. I remember a video on Friday News at 11:00 but fell asleep. Can't remember what station either. Sorry.

Beatrice,

Thanks for the link, I couldn't find it. I know there is a news video too, but I have been sick with the flu and strep so not up much. I remember a video on Friday News at 11:00 but fell asleep. Can't remember what station either. Sorry.

Sending you energy and white light, Bern. Please take care of yourself and feel better soon.

Beatrice, thanks so much for posting the link to this article. I got a chill reading it, seeing that her sister thinks it was someone they--the family--knows. This is what most of us have been thinking as well, I believe.

The guy that posted all the comments is ... well ... I'm sorry ... he's creepy. It makes you wonder what he knows and if he does really know anything, how does he know it? It is interesting, though, that he says the guy with the blue truck owned or worked for a company that did screens and pool stuff. This seems to tie in with some other things that have been floating around--so maybe this guy does know something. I hope the police have kept talking to him.

Thank you, I knew you would find it. Day 6 and I feel some better.
You can see that the books were found, we see the clarinet in the case, we know that the DNA was washed away, she was partially clothed, and they run that print all the time. This is more than we knew a few months ago. I have never seen the photo of the bag or the case, this is a new release. The family thinks the person knew them. They practiced what to do if a stranger stopped them, but what if they had a gun? Would she get in?

The trailer that they lived in was new. Just put on the property. So that means, water hookup, AC hookup; including duct work, sewage hookup, Slab had to be put down. This was going on 1992 - 1993. So not only was there a grove being harvested, there were workers around. I also think there was a store on the property, to sell fruit, but I am not 100% positive about that. So lots of people could have been around, including anyone they think may have know them well enough to come by and offer a ride.

I also want to note that the bag and case look as if they were just tossed there, recently, not buried under trash as we may have thought. So it is possible that the perp only dumped the stuff maybe a few months back in 1995. If something lays out in a wooded area, leaves and dirt and debris is all around and on top of it. This picture looks like the stuff was recently put there. So the perp is still around the area in 1995.

I'm still not exactly sure what "Behind Oak Hill Hospital" (Weekiwachi, FL) means...

I drove through there yesterday. The ER is in the back of the hospital.
Next to the hospital maintenance / warehouse building. A few dumpsters...
One or two small swampy ponds.

The "woods" is a very thick brush area separating the Highpoint retirement/golf course community by a chain link fence.

I just can't see why a couple would be there searching for scrap metal...
(Unless there is a dump area further north next to the Highpoint community.)

Was Highpoint there in 1993?

When a perp knows enough about a victim to pull something like this off and get away with it for 18 yrs, you have to ask, when did he become part of her inner circle. When did he get close enough to the family to know

A) he/she could get her in the truck?
B) no one would suspect him/her?
C) he/she had no record but he wiped off any prints on that case or book bag, because if found, maybe they had them on file now, due to the investigation?
D) this day was safe to do this and not get caught?
E) Why was this day safe for him/her? Did they have off work? What about an alibi for where they were? Or didn't they get asked? (had to be close enough to know her schedule, and the baby sister's)

Just thinking out loud, maybe someone reading here will have a light bulb moment.

I think that the who ever threw out the back pack and case, had too. They kept them hidden for 2 years, and either they were moving and decided to clean out and get rid of them, or they were discovered and the perp got rid of them or someone in the house did. I think there is a parent or a spouse that knows his or her daughter killed Jennifer. There are a few things that bother me, one being, they kept all the stuff except her charm necklace. One article said she was found naked, but this new video said she was found partially clothed. The cold case site says her boots, white pants, a sweater, and the hooters jacket are still missing. So if that is the case, she was found wearing, a bra? and or panties? No DNA, or evidence because the rain washed it away. Maybe there wasn't any DNA, they never said if she was molested according to the old articles. Is it possible, this was a case of teen rage? A kid angry about another boy? A competition? Something like that? This piece of information makes a huge difference in this case. If she wasn't molested, and had some sort of undergarments on and no DNA, it could be a female they are looking for. I think of the case in CA of Sandra Cantu (sp) the little girl, raped and murdered by the female Sunday school teacher.

If she knew not to get in a car or truck with a man or stranger, would she get in a truck if a female was driving?

Still just kicking stuff around.

Here is another thought. The blue truck had a hitch on the back. Jennifer was found in a wooded area of a horse trail. I think the perp knew this trail, so well because they have been there, maybe rode a horse there. If you go riding, how do you get your horse to a trail to ride if you don't board a horse there? Do you ride it there and then go on the trail or do you put it in a horse trailer, and drive your truck to the trail, unload the horse and go riding? I am really asking, because I don't ride or own a horse. Anyone know? What if the truck was a truck used to haul a horse trailer?

Also the house in Hernando have attics in the garage. What if this person put the back pack and case up in the attic in the garage and just left it there to get rid of later? Maybe they never had a good chance to get rid of the stuff because everything happened so fast. They may have got rid of the body, but had her things in the truck and just shoved them up in a attic for safe keeping until they could get rid of them. Just something else to think about. Just where are her cloths and boots????? Where those thrown away that night, but they forgot her backpack and case until they got home and found them in the back seat of the truck and stashed away until 1995?

It may vary from one region to the next, but here in WA, people move their horses around in horse trailers. Most of the horse trails are run by the state, or by private clubs. Many of these accomodations include a campground and an arena for training and showing horses. Some of the state trails must be shared with other types of recreation such as ORVs, and for these facilities there are schedules of which group gets to use the area and when; and which club, group, or agency is in charge of the usage for that time. For example, an area might be open for use by horses only during mothers day weekend ... and it could be something like the Piece County High Riders (a club) who are serving as "hosts" during that time.

I think you have put together a good possibility here, Bern--since Jennifer was found on or near a horse trail, it IS a good bet that the truck was set up for hauling a horse trailer.

I think that the who ever threw out the back pack and case, had too. They kept them hidden for 2 years, and either they were moving and decided to clean out and get rid of them, or they were discovered and the perp got rid of them or someone in the house did. I think there is a parent or a spouse that knows his or her daughter killed Jennifer. There are a few things that bother me, one being, they kept all the stuff except her charm necklace. One article said she was found naked, but this new video said she was found partially clothed. The cold case site says her boots, white pants, a sweater, and the hooters jacket are still missing. So if that is the case, she was found wearing, a bra? and or panties? No DNA, or evidence because the rain washed it away. Maybe there wasn't any DNA, they never said if she was molested according to the old articles. Is it possible, this was a case of teen rage? A kid angry about another boy? A competition? Something like that? This piece of information makes a huge difference in this case. If she wasn't molested, and had some sort of undergarments on and no DNA, it could be a female they are looking for. I think of the case in CA of Sandra Cantu (sp) the little girl, raped and murdered by the female Sunday school teacher.

If she knew not to get in a car or truck with a man or stranger, would she get in a truck if a female was driving?

Still just kicking stuff around.

You think it might have been someone's daughter who killed Jennifer? This is a new line of thought to me. Somehow this just doesn't seem likely to me--even though it might explain why Jennifer willingly went with someone. (Less concerned about a girl/woman ... dangerous females not stressed very much in "stranger danger" training.)

I have felt and still do feel that the hooters jacket and the boots were likely kept as trophies.

I have also felt that a spouse/girlfriend may have found the backpack & case--and maybe didn't know that her man had harmed Jennifer specifically ... but realized that he had done something that was no good. And she decided to get rid of the evidence.

It seems that the body was separated from the backpack, case, hooters jacket, boots, and purse. Then (maybe at a later time) the backpack and case were separated from the items that have not yet been found.

I don't like to think about this, but the items that are missing were pretty fashionable. It wouldn't surprise me if the killer gave these items to a sister or girlfriend--likely a fairly young person rather than someone like a mom. A girl or young woman might not be looking at the news very much and might cheerfully have gone on using Jennifer's items without ever seeing them in the news. Especially if the killer came from another culture that never looked at English papers or watched American news.

It may vary from one region to the next, but here in WA, people move their horses around in horse trailers. Most of the horse trails are run by the state, or by private clubs. Many of these accomodations include a campground and an arena for training and showing horses. Some of the state trails must be shared with other types of recreation such as ORVs, and for these facilities there are schedules of which group gets to use the area and when; and which club, group, or agency is in charge of the usage for that time. For example, an area might be open for use by horses only during mothers day weekend ... and it could be something like the Piece County High Riders (a club) who are serving as "hosts" during that time.

I think you have put together a good possibility here, Bern--since Jennifer was found on or near a horse trail, it IS a good bet that the truck was set up for hauling a horse trailer.

Thanks, I am just trying to make that connection from where she was taken to where she was found. And where she was found, you had to know the place, you don't just wander onto it. It was used everyday, so if they went at dusk or night fall, you better know where you were turning off at and where you were driving. This is in the woods, on a trial. So I think this person used that trail. I am also trying to see what was "new' or new around her that would get a person in her circle to know how to pull this off.

I have read family news letters on line. One from 1992, I wonder if LE is aware of these letters. Full of information about the family and extended family and outings and just things they did and where they went. Maybe there is something in there that would help them. If they read here, or the family, they may want to re read some of it.

You think it might have been someone's daughter who killed Jennifer? This is a new line of thought to me. Somehow this just doesn't seem likely to me--even though it might explain why Jennifer willingly went with someone. (Less concerned about a girl/woman ... dangerous females not stressed very much in "stranger danger" training.)

I have felt and still do feel that the hooters jacket and the boots were likely kept as trophies.

I have also felt that a spouse/girlfriend may have found the backpack & case--and maybe didn't know that her man had harmed Jennifer specifically ... but realized that he had done something that was no good. And she decided to get rid of the evidence.

It seems that the body was separated from the backpack, case, hooters jacket, boots, and purse. Then (maybe at a later time) the backpack and case were separated from the items that have not yet been found.

I don't like to think about this, but the items that are missing were pretty fashionable. It wouldn't surprise me if the killer gave these items to a sister or girlfriend--likely a fairly young person rather than someone like a mom. A girl or young woman might not be looking at the news very much and might cheerfully have gone on using Jennifer's items without ever seeing them in the news. Especially if the killer came from another culture that never looked at English papers or watched American news.

I know this is a new thought, but one we need to explore. If she was not molested, then what was the motive? The whole crime leans towards someone she trusted enough to get into the truck, or feared so much she obeyed. Remember this is broad daylight. The grove across the way had trailers there, trucks and cars on the road. So this is brazen, no? He/she drove a great distance to dispose of the body, a huge risk. Most pedos just get rid of the body near by. So she went with them because it was "safe" or they had a gun and she got in. Why separate the cloths from the body and the found items? Why leave a necklace if you want a trophy? The MOD is very personal too. Lots of anger. It takes a certain kind of monster to kill a person this way. Different to shot someone, or stab someone than to beat them to death. Woman have rages of jealousy too. But I am just tossing stuff out there. You never know what or when it jogs a memory.

BBM

If they didn't know then, they know now. I am convinced that there is a person that knows what happened. They just have to put 2 + 2 together and make that call.

My first thought about somebody's daughter was, No way. But the body being separated from backpack and stuff would make sense if the come-on was "Hey let's go horseback riding, just leave your things at my place and I'll loan you some jeans."

That would imply a parent helping a child. Kind of like the cheerlearder's mother who murdered one of her daughter's rivals.

there are lots of reasons to have a hitch on a truck, and a boat is another. Jennifer was a expert barefoot water skier. But given it was February, I don't think she was doing that in the winter months. She was in Girl Scouts, she was in 4H and was getting a bunny, I think she got it as there is a picture of her with one. She just had her first Holy Communion. So there was stuff going on in the recent past that had her in contact with people maybe she wasn't in contact with before. But for me it is where she was put. I believe the perp had a connection with the place, they knew her well enough to know what time of day and what day this could be pulled off, and they had a anger issue with her. It was just after Valentines day, so even a boy paying her attention and not another girl may have sparked this anger. They may have taken her cloths to make it look like a man did this too. Thinking it would throw off the cops. Could be more than one mean girl, also. But the fact they had her stuff and toss it 2 years later means they had a place to keep it and no one knew if they didn't live alone. They differently had a connection to Hernando. Lived there, worked there, knew it better than Pasco. No one could think of a blue truck that looked like that one, and the perp wasn't worried if someone saw it. So probably not from Pasco. Teens borrow cars and trucks too. The kids on the bus never say if it was a man or woman in the truck, so they just maybe saw it from behind.

My first thought about somebody's daughter was, No way. But the body being separated from backpack and stuff would make sense if the come-on was "Hey let's go horseback riding, just leave your things at my place and I'll loan you some jeans."

That would imply a parent helping a child. Kind of like the cheerlearder's mother who murdered one of her daughter's rivals.

That would also explain why no blood on the back pack or case. They were still in the truck or in a home. The cloths may have had so much blood that they had to get rid of them but why not just toss them with the body. Head wounds bleed a lot and you have a hard time stopping the bleeding. She wasn't found in anything like a blanket or rug, something to transport the body and not get evidence on or in the truck. So another thing to consider is that it was done in a home or trailer, someplace they could wrap a body up, toss it out and take the rug or blanket with them. As you can see I am still not sure where she was killed. Inside the truck, in a home or trailer. Surely not in another wooded area as it wouldn't make sense to then transport the body all that way to put it some where else. LE stated she was killed shortly after she was taken. So the autopsy must have told them that or some other evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiprocker
Back