FL FL - Jennifer Odom, 12, Blanton, 19 Feb 1993

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That makes sense...That possibly Jennifer's mother knew of a relative that could kidnap Jennifer...out of revenge...rage.

The reason they practiced daily how to get away from an assaulter. There had to be a reason for this daily discussion.

In the news piece it mentioned that they practiced it and what to do. One aunt commented that they grew up there and asked why be afraid? She goes on to mention that they did live in a secluded area but always felt safe. Maybe mom had an intuition about her kids, that now since they were walking alone that they need to have this discussion. Jennifer was 12 and getting older, maybe a target for a SO. Maybe because of the increase of traffic on the road due to the harvest of the groves in the area she was nervous that someone would take one of them. IDK or maybe it was something else.

In the news piece it mentioned that they practiced it and what to do. One aunt commented that they grew up there and asked why be afraid? She goes on to mention that they did live in a secluded area but always felt safe. Maybe mom had an intuition about her kids, that now since they were walking alone that they need to have this discussion. Jennifer was 12 and getting older, maybe a target for a SO. Maybe because of the increase of traffic on the road due to the harvest of the groves in the area she was nervous that someone would take one of them. IDK or maybe it was something else.

That really sounds like she had particular reason to practice that, beyond general concerns about living in an isolated area.

The irony is that kids are told not to go with a stranger, but most of the time, when a person is a victim, they know there perpetrator. It isn't always a stranger who takes your child. So I think that is how they are so sure it was someone she knew. Well enough to get into a truck, and accept a ride.

1.) Killer knew what time she got off the bus.
2.) Killer knew it was safe to sit there, wouldn’t be out of place.
3.) Killer knew the grove workers were gone or done for the day.
4.) Killer knew her parents didn’t meet her at the bus stop.
5.) Killer knew grandmother lived up the end of the road, but wouldn’t see him
6.) Killer knew she was walking alone
7.) Killer knew she would get into the truck without a fight.
8.) Did he offer a ride to the house? A ride to a family member’s home?
9.) Killer knew she would stay in the truck, or immediately restrained her.
10.) Killer didn’t care if the kids saw the truck
11.) Killer didn’t care that cars could pass by; he looked like he belonged there.
12.) Killer had may have borrowed the truck and had access to one if he did.
13.) Killer had access to a truck that looked like a grove worker’s or a repair man’s truck
14.) Killer knew this would be spotted and reported, to possibly throw the investigation in that direction.
15.) Killer knew the horse trail
16.) Killer knew the dump site behind Oak Hill
17.) Killer wanted the body and items found
18.) Killer knew that this would throw the investigation in that direction
19.) Killer had a place to kill Jennifer and no one heard her scream or cry out.
20.) Killer transported the body in something that didn’t leave evidence in the truck if he borrowed it from a worker or customer. It had to be returned clean.
21.) Killer could have had a truck that he didn’t use, stored, and used it and then got rid of it also.
22.) Killer had something change or some reason to discard the back pack and case in 1995.
23.) Killer was capable of rage against a 12 yr old and beat her to death.
24.) What was the motive for this killer? Was she left so it would look like a SO attacked her?
25.) Killer was brazen
26.) Killer was not afraid to drive that distance with a dead, naked body, with blood and trauma in a truck or vehicle to the horse trail, knowing people were looking for Jennifer and the blue truck.
27.) Did the killer pick her up in the truck, take her to his home, kill her, then transport her to the horse trail in another vehicle other than the truck? A car with a body in the trunk wouldn’t have been stopped those few days.
28.) So was the truck a red herring?
29.) So did the killer have a home by himself in a secluded area that he could do this and then put her into another vehicle?
30.) Killer had an occupation that allowed him to be out at that hour to take her from the bus stop.
31.) Was the killer self employed?
32.) Was the killer a student?
33.) Was the killer unemployed?
34.) If questioned, how did he have an alibi? Maybe he didn’t have anyone to verify where he was if he worked by himself?
35.) Was he even questioned?
36.) Did the killer know that it would rain in the next few days and it would destroy evidence?
37.) Was this a well planned out kidnapping or did a stranger just get lucky?

IMO....If Jennifer's mother was rehearsing with her girls how to get away from a predator...Mrs. Odom had good reason.
(She had remarried just 2 months previously)

I feel the man in the pickup truck told Jennifer there was a medical/family emergency
& that he was there to take her to her loved one in the hospital.
He could drive far without Jennifer reacting to the possible kidnapping.

Possiblythe clarinet case & packpack was thrown into the backseat
& Jennifer sat with her jacket & purse (Just like the Zephyrhills witness claims he saw that night)

Jennifer had relatives in the Zephyrhills area.

The perpretrator wanted Jennifer to be found out in the open (a sign to her family)

Approx. 2 years later, the pickup is junked & before doing so,
the practically clean clarinet case & backpack was tossed out into a trash pile near High Point/Oak Hill Hospital.

The driver of the pickup could have been an unwitting hired driver.
This is the impression I got from the recent wideo with Renee Odom Converse.
That it could be a family member & the blue truck is not directly connected to him.

The driver of the pickup could have been an unwitting hired driver.

Denney's: Orange groves
Odom's: Mechanics, tire repairs
Converse's: Tree trimming, all around repairs

All hire transient workers.

Again, JMO.

HOOTERS JACKET BELONGED TO PETITE NEIGHBOR OF JENNIFER'S WHO WAS MISTAKEN FOR JENNIFER BY UNRELIABLE WITNESS. ALL THIS MISTAKE DID WAS UPSET JENNIFER'S MOTHER AND COST ME EIGHT MONTHS OF INVESTIGATION WORK!

Ms. Floyd was the next girl off the bus at next stop.

HOOTERS JACKET BELONGED TO PETITE NEIGHBOR OF JENNIFER'S WHO WAS MISTAKEN FOR JENNIFER BY UNRELIABLE WITNESS. ALL THIS MISTAKE DID WAS UPSET JENNIFER'S MOTHER AND COST ME EIGHT MONTHS OF INVESTIGATION WORK!

Is the all caps post a quote from someone???? I do remember that a girl with the last name of Floyd did a statement in one of the papers, but I didn't know it was her jacket that Jennifer borrowed. So are you saying the other girl was the target and why did this upset Jennifer's mom? TIA

IMO...The answers lie with who in the family/ or associates had connections to the HORSE TRAIL area west of Spring Lake. And then the WEECHIWACHI trash dump behind the hospital. Could the truck have been dumped there along with the clarinet case & backpack?

This is not a reliable source of information. If you go to the first page of this thread, LE dismisses this guy. The case and clarinet are clearly in the Hernando evidence locker and Jennifer did not have her name on the jacket. this man has been asked not to post this stuff as it is upsetting to the family. Once I went to the link I understood the post. :banghead:

Also if she borrowed the jacket her name wouldn't be on it. We saw LE's photos this month of the case, and book bag and the books and the clarinet in the case. So this guy is wrong.

There has been recent chat about the hooters jacket.
And without looking, can someone answer yes or no.
Is this the same hooters, as in the hooters restaurant chain.
Where the waitresses wear clothing that reveal there development?
Is that what the jacket represents?
Womens b*****s?

The jacket is from the sports bar "Hooters"
where "hooters" means breasts.

The jacket is from the sports bar "Hooters"
where "hooters" means breasts.

And Jennifer borrowed it from a friend.
And this friend would have been between the ages of 11-13 I am guessing?

We are not sure if the jacket was Jennifer's or a friend's.
"IWannaKnow" saw a photo of Jennifer & her sister with a bunny rabbit
and Jennifer was wearing the jacket.

We are not sure if the jacket was Jennifer's or a friend's.
"IWannaKnow" saw a photo of Jennifer & her sister with a bunny rabbit
and Jennifer was wearing the jacket.

I would like to see that photo.
If that would be possible.

Regardless of whom gave whom the jacket.
It came from an adult Yes?

Jennifer's relatives would know, if it came from one of them yes?

If I was a Pervert.
And i gave a young girl a jacket such as this.
Would-not that jacket invoke some thought provoking thoughts.
Such as the young girls B*****s i gave the jacket to?

For my own curiosity.
I would like to know the original owner of the jacket.
Someone has to know which adult gave it to which child?

And i am not implying that the person whom gave the jacket to either child had anything at all to do with this demonic act.
And i want to make that perfectly clear.

Hooters is a nationwide chain that apparently has varying reputations, depending on where each outlet is located. Here on the Pacific coast, Hooters is called a family restaurant, but there are not many parents who willingly take their kids there. Some, yes. But not many.

I have been told, though, that Hooters is a lot more popular in Florida and really is considered more of a family restaurant there, despite the suggestive name.

When I first read about Jennifer's case and saw some things about a Hooters jacket, I had just finished a novel by Carl Haiisan, a Florida novelist/journalist. In the novel a Hooters waitress was kidnapped from her workplace (THIS IS FICTION!) and is wearing a Hooters jacket when she's taken. The kidnappers are infatuated with her because of her feminine assets, and the jacket is considered something of a symbol/trophey. It was described, IIRC, as an orange and white satin jacket with the name 'Hooters' prominent. Well, this is what I thought of when I heard about Jennifer having borrowed a Hooters jacket.

ETA: There isn't a photo of the jacket on this thread, but there is a link to the site where you can see it. See the following post.

However, Hooters evidently sells a variety of sportsware-type garments. I believe that on this same thread we're typing on, someone has posted a photo of a jacket of the same kind Jennifer was thought to have borrowed. I will look through and see if I can find it.

Beatrice:
It is actually the head shot they show quite frequently with a brown and white bunny, but they cropped the sweatshirt out of the shot. It is in this video at 1:55 through 1:58. There is no doubt it is the same sweatshirt, unless she had two.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...m's-murder-still-tops-on-investigators'-minds

After 18 years, Jennifer Odom's murder still tops on investigators' minds
Investigators still receiving tips
Posted: 02/19/2011

By: Jamison Uhler

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members