GUILTY FL - Joleen Cummings, 34, Nassau Co, 12 May 2018 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you look her up in the Nassau county clerk system using the last name "Jensen" you can see the charges. I believe the child abuse charge is due to the DUI (meaning she had her kids in the car at the time). I am not positive though.

There is also a domestic violence court case from April 2017 (under her last name "Cummings") that appears to have been closed and reopened multiple times in the past year. I am not familiar with the FL court system or the FL court system website so maybe it is typical? Idk.
I think the one that re-opened multiple times was her divorce case and that is typical of divorce cases that are contested or involve children. I believe the DV case was only re-opened because it seems to be tied into a re-opening of the divorce case. I could be wrong about that.

wait, Gee is still a suspect?
Well you know from how it works with law enforcement. If they have an ex-boyfriend or ex-husband to look into they hold onto them like a dog with a bone no matter what. If it wasn't for Kimberly not showing up for work on the Monday after - likely due to the injury to her face - I am pretty convinced they would be all over Gee and never even look at any other possibility.

Well you know from how it works with law enforcement. If they have an ex-boyfriend or ex-husband to look into they hold onto them like a dog with a bone no matter what. If it wasn't for Kimberly not showing up for work on the Monday after - likely due to the injury to her face - I am pretty convinced they would be all over Gee and never even look at any other possibility.

Luckily they seen KK in the video dropping off Joleen’s SUV... this lady could possibly be tied to numerous cold cases. Joleens death may bring closure to those other families, if in fact KK is a serial killer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the one that re-opened multiple times was her divorce case and that is typical of divorce cases that are contested or involve children. I believe the DV case was only re-opened because it seems to be tied into a re-opening of the divorce case. I could be wrong about that.

No, I do not think the divorce case was ever closed and re-opened, unless I am interpreting something incorrectly. It seems as though the DV case was reopened on 7/11/17 bc of a violation of restraining order, then again bc of violation of injunction on 2/13/18, then AGAIN on 3/26/18. My understanding is that the court didn't tie the two cases together until 5/6/18.

*If* I am interpreting the events correctly, it seems like there was friction between the two of them pretty much right up until she went missing.

Untitled(1).jpg Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
No, I do not think the divorce case was ever closed and re-opened, unless I am interpreting something incorrectly. It seems as though the DV case was reopened on 7/11/17 bc of a violation of restraining order, then again bc of violation of injunction on 2/13/18, then AGAIN on 3/26/18. My understanding is that the court didn't tie the two cases together until 5/6/18.

*If* I am interpreting the events correctly, it seems like there was friction between the two of them pretty much right up until she went missing.View attachment 135699 View attachment 135700

Wow! Who has the children? The father? Or Joleens mom?

I feel more psychopath
I lean towards sociopath because of this:

Psychopaths lack the proper neurological frameworks to develop a sense of ethics and morality. Sociopaths interact with their social worlds in a meaningful way, but their moral compasses needed a massive tune-up yesterday.

Sociopathic behavior is manifested as conniving and deceitful, despite an outward appearance of trustworthiness or sincerity. Sociopaths are often pathological liars. They are manipulative and lack the ability to judge the morality of a situation, but not because they lack a moral compass; rather, their existing moral compass is greatly (yet not always dangerously) skewed

This Is The Difference Between A Sociopath And A Psychopath

Who knows, she could be a little of both.

*If* I am interpreting the events correctly, it seems like there was friction between the two of them pretty much right up until she went missing.

View attachment 135699 View attachment 135700
Ah, okay. Had it backwards. Sorry about that.

Kessler was working with Joleen at Tangles the Saturday Joleen goes missing. That is why detectives were looking to talk with her on the Monday after only to find out that Kessler had called off work and when the detectives went to the address the owner gave them for Kessler they learned it was even a real address.

yes, I know. but I feel like Joleen would be uncomfty and hypervigilant alone w her so that's why I think Kessler maybe feigned leaving and lurked. but Kessler put the flood light on herself w those shenanigans!

I wonder how long she stayed in an area? Did she take on a new identity and leave the area after getting arrested some place? Or would an arrest and getting released on an alias name give her confidence LE had no idea who she was, leading her to stick around a little longer? We know she was arrested in Virginia Beach in 1999. I tried to look for 1999 cases of missing women from Virginia and didn't see any in NAMUS. But there is one in 1997: Kim Ann Gonzalez Missing Person Case
And one in 2000: Hope Renee Curry Missing Person Case

I don't see threads for either of these ladies so I'll be starting them in a few minutes.

She does not look that old to me. I can not find her age anywhere but her photo makes her look forty..ish. If she is forty just say...she would have been born in 1978, people missing in the late 90's would make her around 20 years old then. Still a possibility. If she is much younger that 40 years old it is going to be a stretch putting those on her unless she was an accomplice with someone older who was teaching her serial killer tricks of the trade. Assuming of course she IS a serial killer. Either way she moved around A WHOLE LOT!!

She does not look that old to me. I can not find her age anywhere but her photo makes her look forty..ish. If she is forty just say...she would have been born in 1978, people missing in the late 90's would make her around 20 years old then. Still a possibility. If she is much younger that 40 years old it is going to be a stretch putting those on her unless she was an accomplice with someone older who was teaching her serial killer tricks of the trade. Assuming of course she IS a serial killer. Either way she moved around A WHOLE LOT!!

She was born May 9, 1968 according to this link: https://crimeola.com/kimberly-kessl...-prime-suspect-joleen-cummings-disappearance/

What I find interesting is that she last had contact with her family in 2004 at the age of 35. Yet we know she used alias names prior to "going missing" (back to 1996 according to the thread title and we know about her Christina Brook alias in 1999). So it seems she used false names to commit crimes prior to 2004 but still kept in contact with her family. What happened in 2004 that drove her "underground" so to speak? Was she suddenly afraid LE would find out her past? Or was there a bigger event that they have not uncovered yet?

Another thing that boggles my mind is that she had a passport in a false name. Did she use it to leave the country? Her victims could be international. :eek:

So she is 50 years old, she could have been involved with missing cases in the mid to late 1980's even. Or even earlier if she was working with someone older. I haven't had much time to read up on her yet. I have been busy with broken vehicles and such. She will make interesting research when I get some time. Thanks for the info!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back