GUILTY FL - Joleen Cummings, 34, Nassau Co, 12 May 2018 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Holey Moley!
Kimberly Kessler found not competent to stand trial

A woman accused of killing her former co-worker at a Nassau County hair salon last year was found not competent to stand trial Tuesday after a second mental evaluation that had been ordered by the court.

She was committed to the custody of the Department of Children and Families, which will send her to Florida State Hospital in Chattahoochee to "restore competency." She will be reevaluated in six months to see if she will then be fit for trial.

If she is never found competent, charges may be dropped after five years, but usually with the understanding that the person would continue to live in a psychiatric facility for the remainder of their lives.​

Hmmmmm. Guess we will wait for the six-month update.

We
Holey Moley!
Kimberly Kessler found not competent to stand trial

A woman accused of killing her former co-worker at a Nassau County hair salon last year was found not competent to stand trial Tuesday after a second mental evaluation that had been ordered by the court.

She was committed to the custody of the Department of Children and Families, which will send her to Florida State Hospital in Chattahoochee to "restore competency." She will be reevaluated in six months to see if she will then be fit for trial.

If she is never found competent, charges may be dropped after five years, but usually with the understanding that the person would continue to live in a psychiatric facility for the remainder of their lives.​
Well. Damn. I didn't see this coming. This woman is a piece of work. They had best keep a very close eye on her.

So is she crazy crazy or all criminals are crazy crazy?
Most criminals are found to be competent to stand trial. The courts don’t take this lightly. There has to be compelling reasons to find her incompetent but I have no doubt the doctors will do everything in their power to get her to the point that she is declared competent again. Joleen’s family will get their day in court.

Mhatre wrote that Kessler believes she is competent to stand trial and that she became "somewhat irate" and critical of the first psychiatrist who found her not competent. While attempting to communicate further with Kessler, Mhatre wrote that Kessler began ignoring him and continued talking with her attorneys. She began talking about George Washington, Masons, secret keys and religious scriptures.

According to Mhatre's evaluation, Kessler confirmed she was facing a murder charge and accused of stealing a vehicle. When Mhatre asked about the name of the victim, he wrote that Kessler became upset and said, "It's all in the records and you need to look yourself." He said Kessler became upset and did not want to cooperate.

In his summary, Mhatre wrote Kessler "clearly showed some delusions and paranoid thinking." Mhatre wrote he did not believe her behavior was exaggerated and that Kessler has "some significant psychiatric problems" that require further attention.

Mhatre wrote he believes Kessler should be committed to a state hospital where she can be treated, and he believes she's suffering from delusional disorder and personality disorder. Kessler does not want to be placed on medications because "she does not believe there's anything wrong with her."

Mhatre said Kessler's overall prognosis is poor without medication, but he wrote that he believes if she is appropriately treated that she could eventually become competent to proceed.
Psychiatrist: Kimberly Kessler's prognosis 'poor without medication'

Last edited:
October 15, 2019

Kimberly Kessler is competent to face court proceedings for the murder of Joleen Cummings, according to state psychologists who evaluated her.

Kessler is charged with first-degree murder of Cummings – a Yulee hairstylist and mother of three last seen on Mother’s Day in 2018.

Kessler was declared mentally incompetent to stand trial in July and sent to Florida State Hospital.

In a letter last week to Circuit Judge James Daniel, the Florida Department of Children and Families said, "the treatment staff are of the opinion that this resident is competent to proceed and no longer meets the criteria for involuntary commitment."

Doctors also field Kessler's mental evaluation report with the court, but that document is confidential under state law.

[...]

A hearing must be held within the next 30 days -- with Kimberly Kessler present -- to evaluate the next steps in the court process. A court date has not been set.

Doctors say Kimberly Kessler is mentally competent to proceed in trial for the murder of Joleen Cummings

October 15, 2019

Kimberly Kessler is competent to face court proceedings for the murder of Joleen Cummings, according to state psychologists who evaluated her.

Kessler is charged with first-degree murder of Cummings – a Yulee hairstylist and mother of three last seen on Mother’s Day in 2018.

Kessler was declared mentally incompetent to stand trial in July and sent to Florida State Hospital.

In a letter last week to Circuit Judge James Daniel, the Florida Department of Children and Families said, "the treatment staff are of the opinion that this resident is competent to proceed and no longer meets the criteria for involuntary commitment."

Doctors also field Kessler's mental evaluation report with the court, but that document is confidential under state law.

[...]

A hearing must be held within the next 30 days -- with Kimberly Kessler present -- to evaluate the next steps in the court process. A court date has not been set.

Doctors say Kimberly Kessler is mentally competent to proceed in trial for the murder of Joleen Cummings

So this is a case that's very important to me because I actually used to work at the Great Clips that KK worked at before she went to Tangles, I was the receptionist. She only worked there a month or two, barely enough time to make a presence but she still managed to do it, she wore a scarf to work almost every day but also wore different wigs (she never wore wig caps or anything though, just the wig almost like a hat) every night after work she would just sit in her car silently and would sometimes say things like she was waiting for her boyfriend or that her boyfriend was abusive and she didn't want to go home (looking back on it I now realize that it was because she lived in her car, yikes) but after a month or two she left because she claimed no one liked her (WE DIDN'T). Once they began searching for the body they actually dredged the lake behind my Great Clips looking for Joleen's body but found nothing. Also I haven't seen anyone in the forum mention this article so I don't know how true it is but I've always been absolutely fixated on it because of not only the wigs (which I have a feeling she wore when she worked with us) but also because of the ponytails, I can't help but think that if they aren't her hair they could be evidence that she's not only killed other women but has taken trophies from them in such a serial killer fashion.

Suspect Kimberly Kessler: Newly released documents shed light on what may have happened to Joleen Cummings

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back