GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that any gun owner, and my husband was one, would think twice before putting themselves in a situation where there was a confrontation, and just walk away. The words....."Are you talking to ME?" should never have come out of MD's mouth. He should have just moved his car if the music bothered him. He was 42 years old and armed. He had to pass a course about gun safety to get a concealed weapon permit. He knew the rules about gun safety and yet he allowed himself to get into a confrontation when he knew better. Then he took off thinking no one would know what happened.

I would also believe the witnesses that were standing right there when it happened would have had no emotions involved in what they witnessed until after the fact. My concern is with MD firing 10 times and only 9 bullets accounted for. What if the stray bullet had hit someone. A small child in the backseat or a car that might have been parked there on the other side of the SUV that MD had no knowledge of. That is just crazy. Continuing to fire a weapon after the SUV is pulling out sounds more like rage. What did MD say on the stand? He was concerned about the people and RR coming out of the store and gunfire from the shotgun. Did he have any consideration for those customers at the pumps or anyone he might have hit because his aim was off? No, he did not. jmo

BBM. His random bullet could have ricocheted off something and sparked a fire. I see plenty of sparks from bullets hitting concrete or the metal backstop at our indoor range. Mostly at night when the lighting isn't super great, but they are there if you watch! He's lucky all he killed is one person.

MD was parked SO close to the entrance of the store --don't you think that if Jordan was yelling and shouting f bombs at MD they would have heard some of this from inside the store? The cash registers were right by the door.

No, the other boys in the vehicle couldn't even hear what exactly he was saying and they were right next to him.

Why does the jury want to see the mini mart footage of Rhonda? Do they want to hear the series of gunshots?

I hope it's okay to post this on here.
zkg8.png

I hope it's okay to post this on here.
zkg8.png

jmo, but I loath this melodramatic social media dreck. Anytime a male is shot and killed he is someone else's son unless his parent fired the shot. If a person kills in self defense, as many do, they aren't just "thinking" they did nothing wrong. They actually did nothing wrong. If I shot a criminal in self defense, I would be more concerned about my innocent puppy than the criminal who caused me to defend myself.

Better, imo, to simply say the defendant is not credible and did not act in self-defense, if that's what one believes.

jmo

The fact that MD was married 3 times and did not have friends does not bother me. He may be an introvert. I do think he is guilty of murder but his marriages and lack of friends mean nothing to me. I think he got mad, had too much to drink and over-reacted. He is guilty.

A bit O/T but I just have to say.

I am an admitted introvert. But I do have friends, lifelong friends, and I married Mr. Izzy 15 years ago and we are still married. To each other.

My point is that in our society introverts often get a bad rap, but "introvert" does not equal "friendless loner who has trouble forming normal relationships," despite the stereotypes to the contrary.

jmo, but I loath this melodramatic social media dreck. Anytime a male is shot and killed he is someone else's son unless his parent fired the shot. If a person kills in self defense, as many do, they aren't just "thinking" they did nothing wrong. They actually did nothing wrong. If I shot a criminal in self defense, I would be more concerned about my innocent puppy than the criminal who caused me to defend myself.

Better, imo, to simply say the defendant is not credible and did not act in self-defense, if that's what one believes.

jmo

I guess I should have put jmo and moo too, you're right about that. I'm not actually on the jury, so I feel what I feel without the constraints of the jury instructions. I watched (on the live stream) the man in the gallery who I know to be Jordan's father, and I can't help but have tremendous sympathy.

bgz0.png

jmo
]

Interesting post to me as one of the issues FOREFRONT and CENTER at this trial was the intolerance of one individual to other person's interests/expression (loud rap music).

I have found that there are many individuals who post at Websleuths that have enlightened me, an ol' retired southerner, with their humor here during the trials. (Oh my, the "Jodi Bangs youtube" and the "Mickey Daniels youtubes" and all the catlol's that were a hoot...)

Anyway, there are new folks (such as this OP) to this forum that express in their own way to communicate - and I like the exposure to all sorts of social media expressions to expand my boundries.

Perhaps it's your OPINION that "Better, imo, to simply say the defendant is not credible and did not act in self-defense, if that's what one believes."... but that's just another opinion for everyone to scroll by and take in as the OP.

And if I took another persons life for ANY reason, I would find it hard to live with myself. I've got a special dog at my feet, but taking a life vs. walking a dog to pee.... you and I will just disagree that taking another human's life for ANY reason is more concerning. But that's just my opinion and I cannot fathom yours after consideration.
:seeya:

]

Interesting post to me as one of the issues FOREFRONT and CENTER at this trial was the intolerance of one individual to other person's interests/expression (loud rap music).

I have found that there are many individuals who post at Websleuths that have enlightened me, an ol' retired southerner, with their humor here during the trials. (Oh my, the "Jodi Bangs youtube" and the "Mickey Daniels youtubes" and all the catlol's that were a hoot...)

Anyway, there are new folks (such as this OP) to this forum that express in their own way to communicate - and I like the exposure to all sorts of social media expressions to expand my boundries.

Perhaps it's your OPINION that "Better, imo, to simply say the defendant is not credible and did not act in self-defense, if that's what one believes."... but that's just another opinion for everyone to scroll by and take in as the OP.

And if I took another persons life for ANY reason, I would find it hard to live with myself. I've got a special dog at my feet, but taking a life vs. walking a dog to pee.... pfffffffffffft. But that's just my opinion.
:seeya:

and that's what makes the world go 'round. I find those youtube videos mostly ridiculous. I find this meme, stupid. If someone thinks a social media meme has bearing on the guilt or innocence of a person facing 1st degree murder charges, that's where we are in our culture. For better or worse. Diversity ....

I guess I should have put jmo and moo too, you're right about that. I'm not actually on the jury, so I feel what I feel without the constraints of the jury instructions. I watched (on the live stream) the man in the gallery who I know to be Jordan's father, and I can't help but have tremendous sympathy.

bgz0.png

Seriously wasn't being critical of your post. Just that I disagree with the content and don't like the medium. I'm glad you're free to post it and that I'm free to say I think it's ridiculous :)

bgz0.png

Lol, I enjoyed your edit.

Seriously, it's a picture. It's not a big deal.

bgz0.png

So? Having sympathy or empathy for someone doesn't mean the other person is guilty. jmo

Why don't we teach people not to shoot mouthy, obnoxious teens just because? The world would be a much better place then, I think. [modsnip]

^^^ That!

The state is making the claims, accusations, charges he is not claiming anything! The state has the burden of proof.

He is claiming he was justified in killing the kid. The state is claiming he wasn't. Courts are there so both sides can present the reasons for their beliefs. You can't just shoot someone and tell the state prove it was unjustified. I don't have to prove that I acted in a rational manner. Since both sides disagree they BOTH have to prove their claims.

Even if you toss out every single witness. Dunn's own words, actions & behavior and lack of ...tells us everything we need to know. Innocent people dial 911. Innocent people that legitimately defended themselves feel remorse even if the situation warranted the use of deadly force. Innocent people just defending themselves don't have a multitude of versions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM

I have to admit that if I grabbed someone who was attempting to rape a woman or kill someone and they fell back into a rock and died. I'm not sure I'd have any remorse. JMO

Of course that has never happened to me so maybe I would.

I have been curious what exactly was the music/song/cd whatever that put Dunn over the edge?

Same here.

Why does the jury want to see the mini mart footage of Rhonda? Do they want to hear the series of gunshots?

They asked for ten minutes before and after the incident too. :waitasec:

yeah, I'm really emotionally invested in this and should let it go lol. I need to find a meme for that :facepalm:

I don't want to speak for Bob, but I don't think he ever said his opinion was based solely on a meme he saw once or that the meme summed up his entire feelings on the case. I don't think he meant any harm. Next time maybe just scroll on by.

I don't want to speak for Bob, but I don't think he ever said his opinion was based solely on a meme he saw once or that the meme summed up his entire feelings on the case. I don't think he meant any harm. Next time maybe just scroll on by.

Okay,well that is nice. Just to be for sure, I made that with the letters on the picture myself, it wasn't one I saw somewhere. I just thought putting it here was like holding up a sign at the courthouse demonstration, where I wish I could be. Those are my feelings and I hope that if that is resonant with some folks here they can share it. If they want something else to say they can make one too. Ain't no shortage of opinions, fonts and screen shots.

MOO * JMO * IMO * IMHO * IMNSHO

Seriously wasn't being critical of your post. Just that I disagree with the content and don't like the medium. I'm glad you're free to post it and that I'm free to say I think it's ridiculous :)

You believe he acted in self defense?
Based on what?
What did I miss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics