Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 51s
#MichaelDunn jurors have another question - "Can we get that dummy with the sticks?" - exact wording requesting prop from ME w/ trajectories

Maybe they could take-up donations at the airfield community where Dunn wrapped himself in the air of affluence. Jmo

ciao

Yes! Dunn suffers from "Affluenza"! Just like the kid in Texas.

The dummy with the sticks was apparently not entered into evidence.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 35s
Judge says dummy is considered demonstrative, which is not generally something that jurors are given as "evidence" #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 54s
Judge is checking with #MichaelDunn attorney Cory Strolla about this. It was part of testimony but not necessarily evidence...more an aid

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 19s
State suggests looking for case law while defense is debating behind closed doors #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

If they sued the insurance company (MD has no money) MD would not have to sign if it were settled out of court. The insurance company holds covers by way of the policy. MD had no choice if the insurance company wanted to settle which most companies want to do right away. Trials are expensive. jmo

I find this most interesting. Insurance does not cover "intentional torts." Intentionally shooting into a car 10 times would seem to give the company an easy out on coverage. Maybe he only had $300,000 or so in liability coverage and they just paid the limit instead of fighting over coverage. It is highly unusual for a wrongful death suit to be settled prior to a criminal trial.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 27s
#MichaelDunn jury wants to see the mannequin which was used to demonstrate trajectory of bullets #DunnTrial

Dear God, it sounds like it's gonna be another Florida jury verdict!!! :banghead:

i would say based n this question they are analyzing whether he was "advancing" as MD says and whether door was open? Other ideas

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom now
Defense has no objection to having dummy go back to jury room, judge still considering bc not sure of precedent #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

Vic Micolucci (WJXT) ‏@WJXTvic 15s
Judge, #MichaelDunn defense & prosecutors looking into case law about whether they'll grant juror's request for prop.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 40s
Judge calls 15 min recess to look for cases allowing demonstrative aid #DunnTrial #MichaelDunn

i would say based n this question they are analyzing whether he was "advancing" as MD says and whether door was open? Other ideas

I agree turaj, they are having to convince at least one holdout that it didn't/couldn't happen the way Dunn said it did. This worries me.

Well, if the jury had been paying attention, they would have heard MD himself say that they were parked too close together for him to get out of his car. So, if MD couldn't get out of his car, then logic says JD could not get out of his car either.

Maybe they wanted the dummy for some other reason. :dunno:

Bring the jury back into court and let them review video of demonstration of dummy with sticks. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobkat107