GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitting here doing some thinking om this case and a weird thought popped into my head. Not only was MD able to get the gun from glovebox and holster, load, aim and shoot .... he must have stashed it somewhere quickly if RR never saw a gun. Or did she? Was it still in his hand, lap, or? Just something I don't recall being discussed, so am curious what he did with the gun (and how quickly) after the shooting was over.

Sitting here doing some thinking om this case and a weird thought popped into my head. Not only was MD able to get the gun from glovebox and holster, load, aim and shoot .... he must have stashed it somewhere quickly if RR never saw a gun. Or did she? Was it still in his hand, lap, or? Just something I don't recall being discussed, so am curious what he did with the gun (and how quickly) after the shooting was over.

IIRC, Dunn was putting the gun back in the glove box as RR got in the car.

If Jordon were alone in the car, he may not have responded to MD in the same way.
If the gun gave MD courage, did the three friends of Jordon give him "courage"?

MD is not the only witness that may have given self serving testimony. The three boys with Jordon also had reason to tailor their testimony toward themselves and Jordon.

This is a statement of Jesse Jackson, who also had reason to be afraid because of statistics:

There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved....

What would be the point of the boys tailoring their testimony? They were not on trial and neither was their dead friend. I found their testimonies believable precisely because they did not sound sugar coated. They didn't try and make Jordan sound totally innocent. They admitted he was jawing, they admitted he was swearing at Dunn when Dunn was not. They admitted Jordan was yelling. Leland admitted Jordan did put his hand on the handle. It sounded very truthful and Strolla could not even impeach them because it's in line with their original statement to the cops. It's also in line with witness testimony. They all sounded as truthful as they could be. Nothing sounded over rehearsed or self serving. It was their truth.

The only one who benefits from sugar coating is Dunn. It keeps him out of jail. And if you ask me, he laid it on a little thick. I was trying to de-escalate the situation (by re-engaging the boy, asking are you talking to me? That's de-escalating?) I was very polite, I was just asking for a common courtesy and it almost got me killed, I was in mortal terror (where have we heard that one before) blah blah blah. His testimony was totally self serving. It was straight out of the I was the victim here! handbook.

I must admit, if I'd been on that jury I would have been livid at the folks who fell for Dunn's BS testimony… testimony that no other witness, not even his GF, corroborated! JMO. OMO. MOO.

I think dumbfounded would be the best word for me.

#5 is interesting. I wonder what comments Tommy made to his PO.

http://www.michaeldunntrial.com/files/81999997.pdf

I'd like to know that too.

For the retrial, the prosecution needs to explain and emphasize consciousness of guilt. They need to really drive home why Dunn’s actions after the shooting are so important. They need to point out that Dunn's actions were self-serving, not fearful.

Agreed.

IMHO, the prosecutor made a huge mistake during cross by allowing Dunn to repeatedly call the victim his "attacker" during his responses.

Shouldn't he have put an end to that? It just seemed inappropriate for a prosecutor to allow that to happen over and over.

^^^ That!

Are WS allowed to go in and do cross?

IMHO, the prosecutor made a huge mistake during cross by allowing Dunn to repeatedly call the victim his "attacker" during his responses.

Shouldn't he have put an end to that? It just seemed inappropriate for a prosecutor to allow that to happen over and over.

I don't know what Dunn would have called JD. He certainly was not going to say the victim, or MD's favorite term "". The prosecutor can't tell Dunn what to say. Dunn is testifying and Mr. Dunn prefers to call JD his attacker.

Hopefully next trial it will be shorter and sweeter. Right to the point would be nice. List his inconsistencies right off the bat and close with them. There is a long list from what we can see. jmo

RR stated he was putting the gun back into the glove box when she approached the car to get in after she exited the station.

Erin Burnett on CNN said they are about to talk about the Dunn jury opening up.

Don't know if she's just talking about it or whether a juror will be on.

Just an FYI in case someone is actually on.

JVM commenting new developments that Dunn could walk free???!!! Hoping this is media hype.

Weird... Brandon Daniel also worked for HP. The twitter verse is wondering what is in the water at HP!

Erin Burnett on CNN said they are about to talk about the Dunn jury opening up.

Don't know if she's just talking about it or whether a juror will be on.

Just an FYI in case someone is actually on.

sounds like a juror hope it is a different one

Dang....

Looks like they just talked about juror 4 again.

sure not getting much from this jury...i would think that is a bad feeling to spend all that time and end up with the main count hung. pretty quiet on the JAX front.

My good buddy is an LEO, and a huge supporter of the 2nd Amendment and responsible civilians being armed to defend themselves.
He tells me Dunn basically did EVERYTHING wrong. He was carrying while drinking, he instigated the confrontation, fired at an unarmed person seated in a vehicle, fired at a fleeing vehicle, fled the scene, and talked to the police without an atty present.

:banghead:

He said the rule of thumb if you carry a gun, is the only altercation you can get into is a gunfight (meaning you can't go around starting arguements that might escalate into a physical confrontation).

Oh, and don't take your guns out drinking:facepalm:.

:cheers: And I 110% agree to that.

Not much to discuss, I gather -- from a post upthread

The juror pretty much said what I expected: that they couldn't decide between self defense and murder but agreed him continuing to shoot at a fleeing car "crossed the line."

That is "excessive force". Is there a law for that?

Anyways, if they agreed him continuing to shoot at the vehicle, why they did not agree on M1? Is that not premeditation? :waitasec:

I agree. I think there is a danger to making the trial about race, but if it outlines Dunn's possible thought process that night then maybe they should.

I think the prosecution needs to do a better job of cross examining with facts. Often the crosses and re-directs amounted to not much more than "are you lying right now?" That's not enough, because of course anyone is going to say no. They've got to dig a little (how many times do I say that before it gets annoying :floorlaugh:). I know there is more here. I do think it's important to talk about the angle and position of the bullets and the car and Dunn. That could very well have been a point of contention. The bullet trajectory to Jordan's door is certainly something that gave me pause. Hit on Dunn's lies and inconsistencies HARDER. Even in closings this should have been a huge point. Clear up the child lock thing, don't be afraid to ask those questions. Call in the boys and say "why do you say the child locks were on? What are child locks to you?" Get better lawyers. I thought it was a bad idea for Wolfson to point their witnesses' inconsistencies. Yes, there were some, but not enough to derail their case, and many probably could have been cleared up with a little DIGGING. All she did was highlight them and make them seem like she had to make excuses for them and it gave Strolla a chance to counter the argument. How about this, if Strolla is trying to say the boys all got together and coordinated their stories, why are the giving inconsistent accounts? Wouldn't they be more consistent, to the point of sounding rehearsed? Wouldn't they have made Jordan sound better, if that's the case? Shouldn't that show they are not lying and just being as truthful as they themselves can possibly be?

BBM ~ Get Juan M. :loveyou: in there! He would shred Dunn apart! :floorlaugh:

I wonder if MD will testify again at his re-trial. I think he probably will due to his arrogance and the fact that he persuaded 2 then 3 jurors he was in fear for his life.

Corey & Co. need to ramp it up for the new, no-holds-barred trial. They need to hone their cross-examination skills and go for the jugular with Dunn. Refuse to let him ramble on by insisting he use only yes-no answers. Get him angry, get him annoyed. Let his true character come out on the stand in front of a new jury.

Spend a little money on a good cross-examination class for herself and the other prosecutors.

Don't let Dunn get away with saying things such as he had to let Rhonda go into the store alone because he couldn't get out of his car. Counter with the fact that if he couldn't get out, how could Jordan???

Dunn lied when he said the music started only after Rhonda got out of the car. Oh, and why would he let Rhonda go in alone with a bunch of "thugs" on the loose with one already in the store?

Don't bother with the Black Friday letter, it's his defense practice run. Bring in the statements he wrote in the other letters, including all those "" comments. Ask Dunn what he would consider to be a ! He claimed he never used the term; bring it out in your Case In Chief!

Add that to a lot of other suggestions here and win the case, darn it!

The fact that we and many in MSM feel the prosecution wimped out on their presentation needs to get through to the State Attorney's Office pronto!

BBM~ Thank you for your post. I love the way you wrote this. I hope they re-try him. :please:

watched the interview this morning while preparing for work. i was completely disappointed. seemed like it was a 5 minute teaser piece. i expected the entire show to be devoted to this interview. i didn't get the answers i wanted, and he didn't ask the questions i wanted asked. hopefully another juror will step forward and give better answers to better questions.

BBM ~ What questions do you want answers for? :seeya:

Agree. Dunn and Rhonda should have been charged with obstructing the investigation because they left the scene.

And I would of gave them a breathalyzer since apparently lawyers were not needed. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela