GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished watching Mr. Guys closing rebuttal. He was amazing. No matter what the verdict is, the prosecution team gave their heart and soul to this re-trial. Hoping for justice.

Anyone got a link to MD's testimony? I want to watch the full cross examination

When does this go to the jury?

Jury instructions begin at 9am and should last about 30 mins.

The jury deliberated ~32 hours during the last trial, but it took a lot longer cuz they were hung on the murder charge. How long does everyone think it will take this time?

Prosecution did a far better job this time. Maybe the other charges during the last trial distracted them or the jury. I thought the "actions speak louder than words" was right on by Guy. Hit the nail on the head.
As an aside, if I lived in Jacksonville, I would be concerned that a fellow citizen never called the police to at least tell them that a group of teens were riding through town with a shotgun shooting people. MD certainly would not thought of this even if this were true..too self centered. I was surprised that he NEVER showed any concern for the young man!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will be surprised if we do not have a verdict by tomorrow. I am hoping it is fairly soon, and the family is satisfied with the outcome.

Justice is coming, Jordan.

Thanks so much for the links...the closing by Guy rivoting...saying "you can't change the past but your decision will forever define it"...that charge to the jury is so compelling...in other words you can hold no one accountable for Jordan's death or hold Michael Dunn accountable...I'm confident after this closing they will hold him accountable. As Guy said the doubt that was raised (if any) was not reasonable....there is the big difference. Even if Waffa had some reasonable doubt I think in her rambling style during the trial and closing it was totally lost.

Mr Guy's last quote....to the dead you owe the truth....was that not the same on that JM used to close Jodi Arias?

Prosecution did a far better job this time. Maybe the other charges during the last trial distracted them or the jury. I thought the "actions speak louder than words" was right on by Guy. Hit the nail on the head.
As an aside, if I lived in Jacksonville, I would be concerned that a fellow citizen never called the police to at least tell them that a group of teens were riding through town with a shotgun shooting people. MD certainly would not thought of this even if this were true..too self centered. I was surprised that he NEVER showed any concern for the young man!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never once did his arrogance permit him to utter one word of remorse for killing a boy...never once even knowing that could possibly mean something to his family or jury...in fact as Mr. Guy pointed out he indicated that were this situation to repeat tomorrow he would do exactly the same thing again. Also his letters from jail indicated his goal was to wipe out all the thugs. I see a fairly quick verdict possibly later today but most certainly tomorrow and really hope he gets the max...remember this jury does not know what is going on with the rest of the attempted murders (at least they should not) so I think with that in the back of their head and the knowledge that only by sheer bad shots is there not four dead boys....maximum murder 1.

Wowww listening to cross-examination now (i.e. I'm behind as usual). :facepalm:

The prosecution did much better this time and John Guy made some really great points not only in closing but also in cross examination. His was more smooth and it's too much logic to think this jury will give him anything other than murder. The actions speak louder than words part was huge. Wonder if they've been reading here? Maybe it really is just common sense. Wolfson also made some great points and Guy nailed it home. In Dunn's story, if Jordan had a gun, he would have shot him first not dove back in after seeing the gun. If they had a gun they would have returned fire. If he got out and dove back in the door would have been left open, damaging the other car because no way would Jordan have had time to close the door. The only person who says Jordan got out is Michael Dunn. And he started out saying "maybe it was a stick" to "I'm sure it was a gun."

They made it a little more idiot proof this time (not calling the last jury idiots, it's just an expression lol). They made it a little more clearer and made his lies the central focus this time.

J4JD.

Jury instructions begin at 9am and should last about 30 mins.

The jury deliberated ~32 hours during the last trial, but it took a lot longer cuz they were hung on the murder charge. How long does everyone think it will take this time?

Considering all the facts are uncontested except the non-existent 'gun', the door opening and whether he truly 'feared for his life', there's not a lot to deliberate. My tea leaves: from 3 to 12 hours. That's if they don't get a unanimous vote on the first round. They could come back in 90 minutes if they're organized. :truce:

Thanks, Daisy. :coffeews:

The last time I was on verdict watch I was so bad at it that I was waiting on the edge of my seat, only to find that the judge still hadn't read the jury instructions, so technically we weren't even on watch yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member