FL - Jupiter "mom" Tracy Ferriter, accused of locking child in box in garage

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Super simple to discover those. I'm of the opinion she is indeed indigent.
The thing is, if she's indigent, why is she attorney-shopping? She presumably gets assigned an attorney if she's indigent, and s/he is simply the next one on the list of public defenders. Cf. Suitcase Sarah. This case would be over by now, too. So, I'm guessing Traci is not indigent.

I think Tim took all the $ for his trial and appeal. Does anyone know if the house was in his name alone?
It has been awhile since I was active in Real Estate but pretty difficult for the spouse to be excluded from a deed in Florida, it requires some legal wrangling. I checked public records and she was on the deeds for the properties they owned together throughout their marriage.

It looks like they only made about $50k on their house when they sold it last year so I'm sure whatever monies they had were exhausted by Tim's defense.

That was the rumor. But why is she shopping for attorneys if she's indigent?
It may not be attorney shopping. Could be public defenders whose schedules are not good. I think the State is trying to rush this and any competent attorney is going to want to have the time to prepare a good defense. So they come in and file a motion to be removed.

It may not be attorney shopping. Could be public defenders whose schedules are not good. I think the State is trying to rush this and any competent attorney is going to want to have the time to prepare a good defense. So they come in and file a motion to be removed.
I'm comparing this with the Suitcase Sarah case. She's not entitled to shop attorneys. In this case, Traci claimed she interviewed 5, just in the last week or so before court? Those ones all said no. But I'm curious about why she hasn't had an attorney just assigned, why she gets to choose, and what the real basis is (i.e. not what Traci is saying) for declining to work with Traci. We've already had at least 2 instances where the attorney has cited "irreconcilable differences".

IMO when the judge said the trial had to be handled promptly, no ifs ands or buts, he did so because he knew Traci was messing around and proving difficult to work with. Note: she didn't even turn over the discovery to her last attorney who begged off, though it was all already on a thumb drive and had been for months. That attorney said he couldn't meet the trial date, but since Traci was already making his job impossible....

It has been awhile since I was active in Real Estate but pretty difficult for the spouse to be excluded from a deed in Florida, it requires some legal wrangling. I checked public records and she was on the deeds for the properties they owned together throughout their marriage.

It looks like they only made about $50k on their house when they sold it last year so I'm sure whatever monies they had were exhausted by Tim's defense.
Traci was a school aide back in the day, yes, but since then hasn't really felt compelled to work.... I figure there's a whole lot of entitlement going in this case. I wish this judge would hold to his pronouncements, because Traci is a manipulator and keeps finding a way....

Regretting this mess I ;) posted. TR is due back in court on Jan. 16th @8:30 am ET.

eCaseView

CASE NUMBER: 50-2022-CF-001136-AXXX-MB​

CASE STYLE: FERRITER, TRACY CHRISTINE​

DIN
Effective DateDescriptionNotes

01/04/2024SET FOR STCK - STATUS CHECK 1/4/2024 8:30 AM COATES JR, HOWARD KSTCK - STATUS CHECK 1/4/2024 8:30 AM COATES JR, HOWARD K
46601/04/2024Cancelled OH - OTHER HEARING on 1/4/2024 8:30:00 AM due to ALSO SET FOR ST CHECK
46701/04/2024Motion - Granted - TO CONTINUE - DEFENSE
46801/04/2024DEFENDANT PRESENTDEFENDANT PRESENT
46901/04/2024DEFT PRO SEDEFT PRO SE DEFT PRO SE
47001/04/2024DEFT TO HIRE COUNSELDEFT TO HIRE COUNSEL DEFT TO HIRE COUNSEL
47101/04/2024Cancelled STCK - STATUS CHECK on 1/4/2024 8:30:00 AM due to
47201/04/2024Cancelled JT - JURY TRIAL on 3/15/2024 9:00:00 AM due to
47301/04/2024CONTINUED TO 01/16/2024 8:30 AM STCK - STATUS CHECK1/16/2024 8:30 AM STCK - STATUS CHECK COATES JR, HOWARD K
47401/04/2024COURT DATE NOTICES SENT
47501/04/2024NOTICE OF HEARING
47601/04/2024COURT EVENT FORM

47701/04/2024ORDER OF CONTINUANCE

The new trial is now scheduled for July 12.

@WPTV

New trial date set for Tracy Ferriter

1705426156456.png

Marc Shiner was retained by Ferriter in December after her previous defense attorney, Jennifer Marshall, asked to be removed, citing an "irreconcilable difference."

During a Dec. 15 hearing, Shiner told Coates that he wouldn't be ready to go to trial by the previously set January date, saying he needed more time to prepare.

Shiner had asked for a continuance, but Coates initially said he wouldn't go past 60 days, so Shiner asked to withdraw.

However, during Tuesday morning's hearing, Shiner was once again representing Ferriter, telling the judge he believed he could be ready for trial come July.

Posted at 10:41 AM, Jan 16, 2024 and last updated 59 minutes ago

It sounds like this was the only attorney who would agree to work with Traci, so the judge had no option but for the continuance. IMO it's gonna come out at trial that the missus is super difficult, and very manipulative.

I note that female attorneys have not worked out for Traci. Haven't we had 3 already with "irreconcilable differences"?

The new trial is now scheduled for July 12.

@WPTV

New trial date set for Tracy Ferriter

View attachment 475122

Marc Shiner was retained by Ferriter in December after her previous defense attorney, Jennifer Marshall, asked to be removed, citing an "irreconcilable difference."

During a Dec. 15 hearing, Shiner told Coates that he wouldn't be ready to go to trial by the previously set January date, saying he needed more time to prepare.

Shiner had asked for a continuance, but Coates initially said he wouldn't go past 60 days, so Shiner asked to withdraw.

However, during Tuesday morning's hearing, Shiner was once again representing Ferriter, telling the judge he believed he could be ready for trial come July.

Posted at 10:41 AM, Jan 16, 2024 and last updated 59 minutes ago

Interesting. I wonder how that unfolded (that he got back into the case) Hmmm

It sounds like this was the only attorney who would agree to work with Traci, so the judge had no option but for the continuance. IMO it's gonna come out at trial that the missus is super difficult, and very manipulative.

I note that female attorneys have not worked out for Traci. Haven't we had 3 already with "irreconcilable differences"?

I thought it was because she was broke and the court declined to find her indigent. Makes me wonder how he got back in -- because I don't see Tim giving up any $ earmarked for his appeal and if that's true, that should let her know what a fool she's been for falling in line with him.
jmo

I thought it was because she was broke and the court declined to find her indigent. Makes me wonder how he got back in -- because I don't see Tim giving up any $ earmarked for his appeal and if that's true, that should let her know what a fool she's been for falling in line with him.
jmo
Yes, but there was one a year ago? who cited “irreconcilable differences”, then another last fall. And when Traci appeared pro se earlier this month, she had interviewed 5 since her last court appearance, and another 5 attorneys December-ish last minute the week before a status hearing court date? And this one was the only one who dared request a continuance?

Note: Traci declined to hand over discovery to at least one attorney she retained, thus deliberately preventing her from timely preparation. Pros mentioned this at a defense attorney Motion to Withdraw in fall.

If they offer her one she better take it. Her husband is doing a lot more time than his plea deal offered.

For the record, I thought his team of attorneys was horrible.
I agree! And I see this case very differently from the sensational headlines that were splashed everywhere. I have several adopted sibs. It was only one of them, but one was enough, who grew totally out of control, tried to kill each one of his sibs (me, by bashing my head in with a heavy metal shovel), was violent, belligerent, destructive, and brought total chaos to our family whenever he could. My parents tried to get him help several times.

My Dad worked second much of the time. I can't describe the dread I'd feel knowing that we were going to be there alone with my brother all evening long. My Dad was the primary wage earner, and he'd leave for work with his stomach in knots, wondering if or when he'd get the call from police that my brother had taken one of our lives.

That father had a duty to protect the other child in the home. I think he and his wife did the best they could under the circumstances. I thought the conviction was an egregious miscarriage of justice! amoo and meo

I agree! And I see this case very differently from the sensational headlines that were splashed everywhere. I have several adopted sibs. It was only one of them, but one was enough, who grew totally out of control, tried to kill each one of his sibs (me, by bashing my head in with a heavy metal shovel), was violent, belligerent, destructive, and brought total chaos to our family whenever he could. My parents tried to get him help several times.

My Dad worked second much of the time. I can't describe the dread I'd feel knowing that we were going to be there alone with my brother all evening long. My Dad was the primary wage earner, and he'd leave for work with his stomach in knots, wondering if or when he'd get the call from police that my brother had taken one of our lives.

That father had a duty to protect the other child in the home. I think he and his wife did the best they could under the circumstances. I thought the conviction was an egregious miscarriage of justice! amoo and meo
That must have been very hard to live with, but it doesn’t correspond to the Ferriter situation at all IMO.

There was no evidence that the Ferriter youngster had the psychological issues imputed to him by the Ferriters. According to the Brown psychiatrist on the stand, the youngster had only been described as having an attachment disorder years ago, and by someone who wasn’t qualified to make a diagnosis. The Ferriters never organized counseling for their son or any kind of treatment. They never had professional advice to build a box. According to the psychiatrist, they did EXACTLY the wrong thing to alleviate attachment disorder (which is a condition that can in fact be mitigated), if indeed the diagnosis ever had merit.

The son had no history of acting out in school significantly enough for suspension. Some behaviors he was accused of were things like stealing chocolate. He wasn’t even allowed to defend himself verbally. Is it surprising that he might have squirreled away a knife or several? His sister was evidently much more afraid that Tim would kill her brother than that her brother was dangerous.

It was clear that the Ferriters rage issues were the problem here. They also severely terrified their other children with their unreasonable demands (note the daughter’s testimony). Were they addressing their own destructive behaviors? No. IMO they should never be allowed around children again.

Consciousness of guilt: between detective visits, Traci moved her son’s mattress from the box into the baby’s room and said they shared a bedroom.

Last edited:

<modsnip - not victim friendly>

I think Tim had terrible attorneys because the plea deal he was offered was not terrible. They must have convinced him he could beat the charges in front of a jury. I'm local to this case and from the minute it made the news, it was clear he was in trouble because local media absolutely roasted him. When his attorneys didn't seek a change of venue, I figured he was going to get some time, equal to or a little greater than the plea deal. That's what happened. I haven't heard a peep about an appeal based upon venue either.

If Tracy is offered a plea deal for 2 years she better take it.

This case has just gotten crazier and crazier as time moves on. The forged job offer letter was the cherry on top. I am surprised Ziemerink and/or his wife don't have some legal issues after that debacle.

Last edited by a moderator:
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. —
Four days after Timothy Ferriter testified in court about his forged job offer letter, his wife Tracy Ferriter's attorney Marc Shiner told a judge that he is now back on her case --- as long as he doesn’t have to go to trial in March as originally scheduled.

That trial date was set before Ferriter's previous attorney quit, citing irreconcilable differences.

"After reviewing discovery the past few weeks I know I can be ready in July," said Shiner.

Updated: 7:13 PM EST Jan 16, 2024

Yes, but there was one a year ago? who cited “irreconcilable differences”, then another last fall. And when Traci appeared pro se earlier this month, she had interviewed 5 since her last court appearance, and another 5 attorneys December-ish last minute the week before a status hearing court date? And this one was the only one who dared request a continuance?

Note: Traci declined to hand over discovery to at least one attorney she retained, thus deliberately preventing her from timely preparation. Pros mentioned this at a defense attorney Motion to Withdraw in fall.
I may have missed it, and it was shown she actually interviewed five attorneys, however, I never believed her.

To add: She comes across as manipulative, abrasive. After all, she resided in the home while the extreme abuse went on and contributed 100%. I see her for what she is. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back