GUILTY FL - Kaleb Cronk, 13 mos, killed in hit & run, Palatka, 31 March 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also, the vehicle that hit the baby is supposedly the truck. The truck is higher off the ground which might make it harder to see the baby crawling on the ground.
Maybe that person doesn't even know what had happened?

Or do they think they hit a dog or other animal?
Not everyone stops after that type of an accident.
I personally would stop, but I would also be expecting to see a dead or injured animal. Unless they thought it was a rock or other debris on the road?

OMG another senseless and avoidable tragedy.
Why oh why do parents play Russion Roulette with their children?

I cannot for the life of me think that anyone could run over something and not stop. They had to have known. Even if it were a helpless animal for crying out loud. But a baby. Boz ain't buying it for a second.

RIP Caleb :angel:

JMO

Or do they think they hit a dog or other animal?Not everyone stops after that type of an accident.
I personally would stop, but I would also be expecting to see a dead or injured animal. Unless they thought it was a rock or other debris on the road?

I wouldn't stop if I hit some sort of wild animal. But if I hit say a dog or cat I would stop.

this scenario should be every parent's worst nightmare. I have a now 3 yr old houdini in my house. He once managed to get out the front door undetected and make it into our unfenced front yard. Our dog bolted out behind him, corralled him, and barked his fool head off to alert me that there was a big problem. Since that day, we have installed chain locks on every door leading oustide, on the tops of the doors where he cannot reach them. We also have a motion detector alarm on the doors that will beep if the door is opened. I refuse to take chances that one of my children could be hurt or worse. Any parent that doesn't think tha it could happen to their child is so wrong! I recently returned a wandering toddler to his frantic grandmother. The little guy had somehow slipped away and managed to toddle over to my back yard. He was shoeless on a chilly morning still in jammies. The relief his grandma felt was enough to make me realize he would be carefully watched from then on. This mother should be punished. Even if was a one time lapse in judegement on her part to leave the baby unattended. She will be punished far more than our penal system can ever do, by the guilt she will feel for eternity. A horrible tradgedy all the way around.

It was mentioned that this truck had mud tires - depending on how high off the ground the truck was, combined with the size of the child, the driver may have felt very little. If he/she did happen to look in their rear-view, they may have thought that it was a toy (e.g., doll) in the road. I can't imagine what this driver will be going through mentally when they realize that they actually hit a child. Not only did this mother's negligence lead to the death of her child, this individual will be forever mentally effected/impaired. She has alot of nerve to be angry at anybody except herself IMO!

I realize that children can be very adept at slipping past a parent. However, that is not the case here. This woman, intentionally, knowingly left a 13-month old baby right by the side of the road and went inside (supposedly to go to the bathroom). We don't really know that she just stepped inside for a minute either. That is what she said, but that doesn't necessarily make it true. She is either really that stupid or simply didn't care. I hope she goes to jail. I'm tired of these worthless parents endangering their children because they are too bothered to care for them after having them.

I realize that children can be very adept at slipping past a parent. However, that is not the case here. This woman, intentionally, knowingly left a 13-month old baby right by the side of the road and went inside (supposedly to go to the bathroom). We don't really know that she just stepped inside for a minute either. That is what she said, but that doesn't necessarily make it true. She is either really that stupid or simply didn't care. I hope she goes to jail. I'm tired of these worthless parents endangering their children because they are too bothered to care for them after having them.

I hope she does too! From the video by the looks of her skin and demeanor it appears that she uses meth. JMHO

From March 2015:

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/view/full_story/26544335/article-Woman-guilty-in-deadly-hit-and-run?

Assistant State Attorney Mark Johnson in his final argument said Amanda Kay Jackson crushed a 13-month-old boy beneath her pickup truck and “she panicked, she kept on going. She left him in the middle of the road to die. She would not have confessed to that if she had not done it.”

It took a jury of three men and three women less than an hour to agree with Johnson to hand down a guilty verdict in Seventh Circuit Court Judge Clyde Wolfe’s courtroom.

Sentenced to ten years, according to Florida DOC:

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates/detail.asp?Bookmark=2&From=list&SessionID=896982584

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth
Back