FL FL - Kelley Brannon, 36, left after argument w/ boyfriend, Live Oak, 15 Jul 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JAN 5, 2022
Kelley Brannon: Florida police asking for help finding woman missing since July 2020 – Action News Jax
Anyone with any information on Brannon’s location is asked to contact the Live Oak Police Department at 386-362-2222.

Lake City Police Department - Lcflapd | Facebook
271435421_250100977231718_2059056160949228070_n.jpg

Kelley Brannon was never seen again after vanishing the night of July 15, 2020. That night she got into a fight with her boyfriend outside the Sunshine Inn in Live Oak, Florida.

I became interested and aware of this case after watching Never Seen Again on Paramount+.

Here's an awesome timeline of events that happened before her disappearance - Timeline – Where Is Kelley Brannon?

I think what really stood out to me was her last voicemail to her boyfriend where it appears she gets into a car. Who was it? Did she know them?

Would love to chat about this case with everyone.

Kelley Brannon was never seen again after vanishing the night of July 15, 2020. That night she got into a fight with her boyfriend outside the Sunshine Inn in Live Oak, Florida.

I became interested and aware of this case after watching Never Seen Again on Paramount+.

Here's an awesome timeline of events that happened before her disappearance - Timeline – Where Is Kelley Brannon?

I think what really stood out to me was her last voicemail to her boyfriend where it appears she gets into a car. Who was it? Did she know them?

Would love to chat about this case with everyone.
I watched it, too and came to find her here. I must have read about her before but I don’t remember. Live Oak is where my father-in-law goes to town (there’s basically nothing where he lives) after moving from St. Augustine. I’m just going to say, in my opinion, a lot of shady stuff goes on in that area.

The last post is 2 years old but there are comments that are recent. Oh wait, I see a newer post with photos.

Post dated 7/16/2022:

KELLEY BRANNON HAS BEEN MISSING FROM THE SUNSHINE INN IN LIVE OAK, FLORIDA SINCE JULY, 15 2020.
1f49b.png
1f49b.png
1f49b.png

Why is the FULL surveillance footage from the Sunshine Inn NOT being shared by LOPD with Kelley Brannon's loved ones? Or even with the public at this point? It's been two years! This is our #1 priority.
What does it show? What time? Is she walking toward the room? Away from it? Which way? Is she alone? With others?
If there was proof (and again, let's see the footage!) that Kelley Brannon walked off and never returned to the Sunshine Inn, then why did FDLE's crime scene forensics team investigate the motel room on August 13, 2020?
What is the Live Oak Police Department currently doing to investigate this case? Have they reached out to FDLE again? How about the FBI? If this is considered a cold case, we want all of the records because we are NOT giving up. We demand JUSTICE for our friend!

1659146036633.png

1659146076758.png

The last post is 2 years old but there are comments that are recent. Oh wait, I see a newer post with photos.

Post dated 7/16/2022:

KELLEY BRANNON HAS BEEN MISSING FROM THE SUNSHINE INN IN LIVE OAK, FLORIDA SINCE JULY, 15 2020.
1f49b.png
1f49b.png
1f49b.png

Why is the FULL surveillance footage from the Sunshine Inn NOT being shared by LOPD with Kelley Brannon's loved ones? Or even with the public at this point? It's been two years! This is our #1 priority.
What does it show? What time? Is she walking toward the room? Away from it? Which way? Is she alone? With others?
If there was proof (and again, let's see the footage!) that Kelley Brannon walked off and never returned to the Sunshine Inn, then why did FDLE's crime scene forensics team investigate the motel room on August 13, 2020?
What is the Live Oak Police Department currently doing to investigate this case? Have they reached out to FDLE again? How about the FBI? If this is considered a cold case, we want all of the records because we are NOT giving up. We demand JUSTICE for our friend!

View attachment 356727

View attachment 356728
Prudent move by the police to check the room, though more time elapsed than I would’ve liked. Imagine if there was blood and they had never checked, assuming the walk off - and then later on it had been revealed that … from a pure liability standpoint it was the right move to check the room.

Asking for the evidence seems reasonable. Spending two weeks in the area at dive bars talking to the regulars about this might also be productive. She either veered into the woods or someone nefariously picked her up. Chances are decent that if it’s the latter, that guy is reasonably local - Live Oak, FL not being a tourist hub, college town, etc. - and he bragged about it to someone. Gently suggesting: go look for someone.

Just landing this here as It popped up in newsfeed and I am trying to follow all missing people in Florida and trying to remember to keep tabs on this !!

Recently head about this tragic & haunting KB case re: the recent "Never Seen Again" TV series.

I somehow don't feel that the bf is involved in her disappearance. He was/is very involved in trying to locate her & by all accounts was being very cooperative with the authorities in trying to find her, etc. Also, her last voice-mail to him strongly indicates that she was getting into an unknown?! vehicle.

I suspect someone in the town/area (possibly someone they knew from the motel) knows what
happened to her.

I don't believe she left the area to start a new life somewhere else - without telling her friends/family what was going on. The fact that her cell-phone/credit cards/car were left behind is significant.

It is extremely disturbing that people are still disappearing without a trace in the 21st century. You would think that with all of the technology we now have available to us (GPS/Smart-phones/I-phones/video cameras @ businesses/stores/homes/etc.) that these types of things wouldn't happen as often. However, missing persons cases seem to be happening as often now as in the past.

DEC 5, 2022

Kelley Brannon

kelley_brannon.jpg

Kelley Brannon, 36, was last known to be at the Sunshine Inn Hotel in Live Oak, Florida, on the evening of July 14, 2020, and into the early morning hours of July 15. According to Captain Jason Rountree with the Live Oak Police Department, Kelley and her boyfriend, Eddie Emerson, had been traveling from Gainesville, Florida to Detroit, Michigan in separate vehicles on July 9 when Eddie’s truck broke down. Eddie told police that they got a hotel room while awaiting car repair. After an ongoing argument, Kelley left the hotel room but continued to text her boyfriend. Just before 1:00 a.m. on July 15, Kelley left a voicemail for her boyfriend stating she was “getting in a car.” Her purse with money and ID were left behind in her own car at the hotel, but her phone and guitar were missing. Captain Rountree told Dateline that several people have been interviewed on multiple occasions, including locals who came into contact with the couple during their time in Suwannee County, the hotel guests, and Kelley’s boyfriend, Eddie. In 2020, Eddie told Dateline that he felt like he should have been there to protect her. Following Kelley’s disappearance, Eddie told Dateline, he stayed in Live Oak for four days searching for her, hanging fliers and talking to the locals. Eddie was once considered a person of interest due to the nature of his and Kelly's relationship, although it is unclear if he still is. Kelley is 5’5”, weighs approximately 130 lbs., and has blue eyes and black hair that is graying. She has a circle tattoo on her right hand near her thumb. She was last seen wearing a white shirt and black shorts, carrying her guitar. Lieutenant Douglas Homan with the Live Oak Police Department told Dateline in an email in 2022 that his office is still actively working on the case. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Live Oak Police Department at 386-362-7463.

Post dated 7/16/2022:

1f49b.png
1f49b.png
1f49b.png

View attachment 356727

View attachment 356728
So...Is there video footage of her getting into car?? Is there any proof of this, at all??

o_O I wonder where he searched for her over several days. If she got into a strange car with a "dangerous person" how would he know where to start searching? I hope LE pings some phones. ;)

‘I think she jumped in a car with a dangerous person': Loved ones speak out after woman goes missing in Live Oak
...her boyfriend tells WCTV the last word he got from her was a cryptic midnight message.

“Oh, I’m getting in a car right now. Goodbye.”

Those are the last known words of Brannon.

Her boyfriend, E. E., says they had stopped at the motel on their way through the area, but Brannon took off on foot around midnight after an argument. She has no wallet, no money and no I.D.; only a guitar and cell phone.

He believes those words, “I’m getting in a car,” may be clues to where she is.

“I think she, I think she jumped in a car with a dangerous person,” Emerson said via video call. “I hope she’s just ignoring everybody. I hope she’s but, but she’s got no money. What else is she going to do? I’m pretty sure she jumped in a car with a dangerous person.”

As far as we know, Emerson was the last person with Brannon, but insists he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

Emerson says he searched for several days, filed the missing person report, called local businesses and put up flyers with her picture on it before going home to his family in Massachusetts.
I knew Kelly well in her younger school age years. My younger sister and her were close friends. I still see her mom often, and my heart absolutely breaks for her. Kelly didn't have an easy life, and always marched to the beat of her own drum. It's devastating and mind blowing to think it's already been YEARS within any answers! There are so many unanswered questions and very shady behaviors from her boyfriend, that combined with his abusive history prior to her disapearance, I think its pretty clear Eddie knows way more than he's ever been willing to share or honest about! I hope and pray for some break in her case and her poor mother finally gets some answers!

I knew Kelly well in her younger school age years. My younger sister and her were close friends. I still see her mom often, and my heart absolutely breaks for her. Kelly didn't have an easy life, and always marched to the beat of her own drum. It's devastating and mind blowing to think it's already been YEARS within any answers! There are so many unanswered questions and very shady behaviors from her boyfriend, that combined with his abusive history prior to her disapearance, I think its pretty clear Eddie knows way more than he's ever been willing to share or honest about! I hope and pray for some break in her case and her poor mother finally gets some answers!
Thanks for your post. Couldn't agree more

1689490076958.png
Today, it has been three years without our friend, Kelley Brannon. Thank you to everyone who has extended their incredible kindness and remains dedicated to bringing Kelley justice and some closure to her friends and family. We cannot thank you enough for your compassion and solidarity over the years.

To all of those who knew Kelley, we see you. We understand. We know. We wish you love and healing today and always.
❤

--
Every context clue of this post leads me to believe she is deceased. :'( MOO

We still cannot believe the police allowed Kelley's car and laptop to be taken out of the state. Her computer was not returned to her family for weeks.

A contributing factor to why this was allowed to happen seems to be that the character profile of Kelley was wrong from the beginning. We knew she wasn't "on the run" for a prolonged period of time. We knew she wouldn't be living "in a homeless camp" or "on the streets."

Why would she be? She had approximately $10k in her bank account. She was educated and capable. She was always able to find work. She had many friends she was routinely in contact with.
WHAT HAPPENED TO KELLEY BRANNON? We intend to find out.

1689490723466.png

So...Is there video footage of her getting into car?? Is there any proof of this, at all??
As far as we (the public) know, there is limited video footage of Kelley that night. There is definitely no footage of her getting into a car. I cannot imagine that LE would withhold that information for any reason, considering it would greatly help the ability of the public to assist in finding her.

None of us has seen anymore footage than has been shown on news reports. We've heard that there is "footage missing", but we're pretty sure that's not as sinister as it sounds, it's just a terrible way of describing how the camera likely works. My guess is it's a motion-triggered camera like the ones a lot of us have. When it notices movement, it'll record for a number of seconds, then stop. It's placed by the motel office, and its main goal is to take footage of people coming up to the office. Incidentally, it is triggered by background movement occasionally. Again, this is a guess, but I would say the most likely one as to why there's limited video footage.

We drew that little diagram showing what appears to be the scope of the camera's visual field. Note that the camera cannot see room 70 or Kelley's car, which was parked outside room 70. However, that only tells part of the story. I don't know if this has been done, but what I would do is test the camera to find out what triggers the camera and where. That is, how big of an object and at what distance will the camera be triggered to take footage?

We clearly see Kelley walking toward and past the camera, so we know that's enough to trigger the camera. But would Kelley walking over by room 70 trigger it? How about when it's darker out? Is the trigger distance diminished? If we knew that, we could better guess whether Kelley could have walked off without triggering the camera and how likely that would have been.

One confusing aspect is that some (sketchy) people (apparently) said that Kelley walked off with her guitar (for some reason) and a bag of clothes (huh?) and no purse or wallet (found in the unlocked car the next day). She was supposedly walking toward town, but that would have her walking past the camera again. But we've seen no footage of her walking that way, with or without a guitar, around the time she was rumored to have left. How likely is that? I really can't see why LE wouldn't release that footage if it existed.

How likely is it that she went another direction or walked out of the range of the camera? It's hard to say. Walking northwest away from town towards absolutely nowheresville seems a very odd and unlikely choice. She might have crossed the street and gone down Lime Ave. From there, she could have gone straight or turned southeast down either 4th street or walked down the railroad tracks. It's possible.

If she did, in fact, walk towards town, she would probably would have walked through the Sunshine Inn parking lot like she was seen doing on camera earlier in the evening. This is because there's no sidewalk until past The Live Oak Motel (now closed). Was it determined by LE how likely a person would to trigger the camera while walking these possible paths during nighttime conditions? Color me skeptical.

Bump - anything new here? Lost access to the Find Kelley fb group when I switched accounts.

Oct 17, 2023

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) - The mother of Kelley Brannon, who vanished from a Live Oak motel in 2020, has died.

Christine “Chris” Brannon passed away suddenly in Charlestown, New Hampshire, on October 7 without ever learning the fate of her daughter, according to a news release.

NOV 3, 2023
NBC News - 10 YEARS OF MISSING IN AMERICA
[...]

Kelley Brannon, 36, was last known to be at the Sunshine Inn Hotel in Live Oak, Florida, on the evening of July 14, 2020, and into the early morning hours of July 15. According to Captain Jason Rountree with the Live Oak Police Department, Kelley and her boyfriend, Eddie Emerson, had been traveling from Gainesville, Florida to Detroit, Michigan in separate vehicles on July 9 when Eddie’s truck broke down.

Eddie told police that they got a hotel room while awaiting car repair. After an ongoing argument, Kelley left the hotel room but continued to text her boyfriend. Just before 1:00 a.m. on July 15, Kelley left a voicemail for her boyfriend stating she was “getting in a car.” Her purse with money and ID were left behind in her own car at the hotel, but her phone and guitar were missing. Captain Rountree told Dateline that several people have been interviewed on multiple occasions, including locals who came into contact with the couple during their time in Suwannee County, the hotel guests, and Kelley’s boyfriend, Eddie. In 2020, Eddie told Dateline that he felt like he should have been there to protect her.

Following Kelley’s disappearance, Eddie told Dateline, he stayed in Live Oak for four days searching for her, hanging fliers and talking to the locals. Kelley is 5’5”, weighs approximately 130 lbs., and has blue eyes and black hair that is graying. She has a circle tattoo on her right hand near her thumb. She was last seen wearing a white shirt and black shorts, carrying her guitar. In October of 2023, the Facebook page dedicated to sharing updates about Kelley's case -- "Missing Kelley Brannon" -- posted that Kelley's mother, Christine Brannon, passed away without knowing what happened to her daughter.

In November of 2023, Captain Rountree confirmed Kelley’s case is still open and active. “Although they are certainly not as frequent, I am continuing to try and follow up on interviews,” he wrote in an email. He also confirmed that “foul play is considered a strong possibility at this point due to the time and circumstances surrounding Kelley's disappearance, but no current evidence can confirm this.” Captain Rountree told Dateline that there are currently no suspects, and that they “have only considered persons of interest in this case as there is a lack of physical evidence confirming Kelley's current status, or contributing to the belief that foul play has been perpetrated against her.” Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Live Oak Police Department at 386-362-7463.

I read that her car was found unlocked in the parking lot of the motel. One would think she would have just slept in the car if she couldn’t get back into the hotel. It doesn’t make much sense that she would walk very far or even try to hitchhike away when her wallet was locked inside of the hotel room. I know people are saying she was drunk so maybe she did something that wouldn’t normally make sense but she sounds coherent in the voicemail. Additionally, almost all of her texts are spelled & punctuated correctly. There was one text that was spelled incorrectly but that can happen when someone is aggressively texting also… which she was obviously doing. Doesn’t seem logical that she would willingly get in a vehicle & leave all of her belongings… leads me to believe that something else happened. I’m assuming her social security number (needed for any job unless under the table) hasn’t been used or the case wouldn’t still be open. Any use of her social would lead the police to believe she wants to be “missing” . No cell phone use since the day she went missing (a little over a mile from the motel) & none of the other reported sitings have been confirmed. Seems like she may have never made it out of that town… all of the other theories seem to be unfounded… if a stranger picked her up… why would the last known ping of the cell be only a mile from the motel? Why would a stranger take her downtown ? If the phone had been thrown out of a car or something on the way out of town, you’d think it would have been found eventually. Doesn’t add up

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back