Found Deceased FL - Kelly Glover, 37, visiting from Utah, Ft Lauderdale, 9 Jan 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So does anyone think we'll ever learn cause of death? Are autopsies public record in Florida? If anyone has a link/instructions to purchase a copy...please post and I'll buy the report and post it here.

So does anyone think we'll ever learn cause of death? Are autopsies public record in Florida? If anyone has a link/instructions to purchase a copy...please post and I'll buy the report and post it here.
Idk, but great question. At the very least, I’d love to either confirm or negate all the ambien theories.
15 states allow autopsy reports to be released publicly. 6 other states will release the reports if they’re not a part of a criminal investigation. The other 29 states don’t release the reports at all or have very strict restrictions on what is released.”
Autopsy Reports: Public Record or Private Medical Information? | Pocket Full of Liberty

Perhaps FL is one of the 15?
Medical Examiner Records

I don't think autopsy results are required to be released publicly. I follow the thread about 'Mostly Harmless' who died in Florida in 2018.

I don't think autopsy results are required to be released publicly. I follow the thread about 'Mostly Harmless' who died in Florida in 2018.

Not “required” to be released, but if they can be viewed through public records request was the idea.

The process is pretty straight forward. The ME report (autopsy) is not online but will be sent to you by the ME office if you complete the request form located at the link below. There is no charge for the report.

Programs & Services

The process is pretty straight forward. The ME report (autopsy) is not online but will be sent to you by the ME office if you complete the request form located at the link below. There is no charge for the report.

Programs & Services
Awesome...Thank you so much. I'll put in the request today and post as soon as they deliver the document.

Idk.. there wasn’t foul play and she’s not a Jane doe. I don’t feel like random strangers should feel entitled to autopsy reports in a situation like this. If the family wanted people to know, they’d make it public. Jmo
I think it’s dependent of public records law. Some states do it but a lot is redacted. Florida is super strict. I was looking into getting a copy of my Dads death certificate. I never knew who he was. I did my DNA and found his/my family. It says you have to be a family member to get an unredacted copy. I am but I am still digging into how do I prove it? It’s an interesting process these days.

This is a fascinating and absolutely tragic situation, I think about this case a lot. I too would like to know if it was Ambien related, but like others said, the family would release the report if they felt comfortable doing so

Hello all. I am very impressed with the ME's office. They have already delivered me both the autopsy and toxicology report. I am alerting on my posts to confirm with mods that it is okay to post both. Please advise.

These reports are public records according to Florida law. Terminology from the county's website is as follows:

"Under Florida Statute, medical examiner reports are public record, once signed by the medical examiner and the case is no longer under an ongoing criminal investigation by law enforcement or the state attorney’s office."

MOD NOTE:

Websleuths applauds the discretion of member Detectivediva for checking with us before posting the death documents for this tragic case. It was the right thing to do. While the documents are publicly available, we have made the decision not to allow them to be posted here. The death was ruled accidental, there is no evidence of criminal behavior and so the LE case is closed. The family has chosen not to release the details in the media, and Websleuths respects their privacy in this painful loss. If these documents become available in a mainstream media source, we could discuss them here. But until/unless they are, those details are off limits on the thread, and references to them will be removed.

THANK YOU to DetectiveDiva and all of you for your continuing efforts to be respectful and responsible members of Websleuths by upholding the TOS and the family-friendly philosophy of this site.

CocoChanel

Hello all. I am very impressed with the ME's office. They have already delivered me both the autopsy and toxicology report. I am alerting on my posts to confirm with mods that it is okay to post both. Please advise.

These reports are public records according to Florida law. Terminology from the county's website is as follows:

"Under Florida Statute, medical examiner reports are public record, once signed by the medical examiner and the case is no longer under an ongoing criminal investigation by law enforcement or the state attorney’s office."

Cold water may not have woken her. Several years back I was taking Ambien for sleep. I may have taken 2 this particular night (by mistake) I say this because I could not be woke. My husband needs help with the Apnea machine and soon after I fell asleep he tried waking me.
He said I was more than asleep, he did everything to wake me and finally marched me into the shower and ran cold water on me. I never woke up but he believed I was more lucid then dead weight.
Next morning I woke up Hair still wet , and no memory of what went on during that night. I believe if my husband did not find me unable to wake and placed me in the shower, I may not be alive today.
That DRUG should be off the market. Cold shower still left me with NO memory--I was unconscious. Never touched the stuff again.
Wow. Just found this thread. This is terrifying! I’m so glad you are ok!! I took it once as my GP prescribed it for insomnia and I was sooo dizzy for the next 24 hours I could not safely drive or anything. I told my GP and the Pharmacy actually refunded me all my money and took the rest of the prescription back.
Totally agree there should be more warnings about the danger.

Wow. Just found this thread. This is terrifying! I’m so glad you are ok!! I took it once as my GP prescribed it for insomnia and I was sooo dizzy for the next 24 hours I could not safely drive or anything. I told my GP and the Pharmacy actually refunded me all my money and took the rest of the prescription back.
Totally agree there should be more warnings about the danger.

Ambien is an amnesiac. It's very unlikely to kill someone in small doses, but the behavior you won't be able to remember just might.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...da8560-6ced-11e9-be3a-33217240a539_story.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colibri_pi
Back